***WARNING*** PLEASE BACKUP your EFS!!

Search This thread

liquidmetalrob

Aug 25, 2012
Windsor, UK
You can also backup your EFS folder very easily with ES File Explorer.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

For making a backup of the whole system will Online Nandroid Backup work just as well?

Reactions: organic2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***WARNING TO ALL***
    FLASHING ANY FIRMWARE CAN POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE

With that said, PLEASE use some precautionary measures to keep your device alive!​

There are many threads out there about making a backup copy of the "/efs" folder. that folder contains all of your IMEI information that is NOT replaceable! There are several cases all over the web, about people who have lost that information causing them not to have service, leaving them with "generic" IMEI's and some with all "0's"

I am posting this to help prevent thoes who are unaware of the consequences that happen when the EFS information is lost!

Here I will post a few guides and informational threads here in XDA to help with this.

I would also emphasize on making a nandroid backup of your complete system in recovery before starting to venture off onto any custom rom!
    Here the folks at XDA have built a great community with a outstanding reputation to help one another advancing to the next level, also unlocking the extreme potential of our devices.

Be sure to "hit" the thanks button and when possible post a personal "Thanks" to the great devs and contributers we have here in XDA!

Feel free to add to this thread, any useful tips and such...

Thanks and God bless. :)
    I have not yet confirmed this, but here are three links to what may be a way for those who have lost their EFS to repair it!

there are other guides on how to recreate the efs folder but these tools may enable us to insert the correct information!

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f611/android-language-editor-android-language-project-1543222/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570342

Thanks to Pierreone, he has provided this link providing a individual from Poland that can repair your IMEI through TeamViewer for a small donation. This may be out only hope!!

http://forum.samdroid.net/f70/repair-imei-s2-5729/
    Please if anyone tries these methods, report here to confirm success or failed!

Thanks.
    mines is ok, has al ot of different numbers. Just a question, what ab out the serial number? mines has only 00000000000

the serial number so far is not a problem! it's the IMEI that you need to worry about! some refurbished phones and others that have flashed a custom rom will display an all "0's" serial no.

this is simply a helpful warning to make a backup before doing any modding! and finding ways for others to repair what is lost! if your phone is ok, just make a backup and your good! :D

One day we will figure out how to completely restore a lost efs and edit what is needed to get back to the norm!
    Thanks to Pierreone, I added a link to a thread that looks promising and has success reports!! :D
    EFS Tool for Windows

This utility works fine. Just wanted to mention 2 things that you need to set before running this successfully:

1. Settings -> developer options -> android debugging enabled
    2. Settings ->Developer options-> Root access -> set to 'apps and adb'