[ROM] Google Ion

Search This thread

gsgleason

May 24, 2009
Where can I add a call to my custom configuration script for cpu frequency scaling, swap, etc? I'm not very familiar with the init scripts for android.

gsgleason

May 24, 2009
Also, when I set /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq to 528000, the scaling_cur_freq is always at max - it never goes below.

brios86

Jul 1, 2009
can i customize this ROM, i would like the new camera.apk from Cyanogen new ROM (stable ROM that is) would it work i like the way that camera is and i believe it takes better pictures also

brios86

Jul 1, 2009
for some reason the browser is not the best i cant download a few things from it on other ROM's it would let me, any 1 have the same problem

mer6

May 3, 2009
Towson, MD, USA
flavors.me
Just letting the people know in this thread that the ROM is not really supported anymore, as Haykuro has moved onto other things (IE trying to root new phones). I personally have had mixed experiences with this ROM. It's all good and great that it's fast and small, but in the end its few bugs drive me nuts since I know they'll never be fixed. If you guys want to try out a more up to date ROM like this, look at Soulife's ION Remix or CyanogenMOD.

brios86

Jul 1, 2009
Just loaded this up and is my fav out of all only because the speed! The keyboard is so quick and no lag on the pop up! Also I have 89 free without apps2sd! Pretty dope imo for a basically stock rom.

how is this possible if i flashe like 3 times and i get no more then 71 free and you said without apps2sd?

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
Its true that this is an older and largely unsupported build. If you want a similar look with simiar speed but newer features and current support, use JACMyTouchSkiv2.5.2

Dyonas

Jul 18, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Just letting the people know in this thread that the ROM is not really supported anymore, as Haykuro has moved onto other things (IE trying to root new phones). I personally have had mixed experiences with this ROM. It's all good and great that it's fast and small, but in the end its few bugs drive me nuts since I know they'll never be fixed. If you guys want to try out a more up to date ROM like this, look at Soulife's ION Remix or CyanogenMOD.

I figured it wasn't supported any more when I saw the original post but it is fast and thanks to you and DMaverick50 I can look at those other few builds.

blazedj

Mar 12, 2009
I have flashed ION rev. 1 and when I try to run an app that requires root the Superuser Permissions app only shows black screen without any text so I can't add the app to whitelist.
Does it mean that I lost root?
I tried to replace Superuser Permissions app with JF one but the phone says apk is not correctly signed.

Six6Sicks

Apr 24, 2009
(666)
Anyone have this available to download?
Yes, I know, way outdated. Whatever.
Just looking for the original zip that Haykuro posted.
OP's Link can not be found.

DirectMatrix

Jun 16, 2009
Norfolk, VA
Oh nevermind, I guess I should have looked for it before I clicked "reply". I used to have an archived version of this on my HDD forever and I guess I must have recently go rid of it....sorry