The 'HTC SHIFT LIBRARY'

Search This thread

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
MOD EDIT: Please help us to maintain this thread updated, if you have a working link for any of the ROM´s or apps in here please post it!

NEW!!!: The fabled 2GB RAM stick is now available! Search for 2GB MICRODIMM on Ebay :)
NEW!!! Dec 17: I've found a 4GB module, someone want to test? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173017803598

--THE HTC SHIFT LIBRARY--
INTRODUCTION:
I have put quite a bit of work into sorting all this data out and presenting it in a nice way, so I hope you all enjoy it! If you have anything you want to add or feel needs changing then feel free to post in this thread or hit me up

with a PM! :)

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
POST 1
  • I --- ROMs
  • II -- Radios
  • III - Tools
  • IV -- Drivers
  • V --- Guides
POST 2
  • VI -- Programs + Apps
  • VII -- Useful Info
I - ROMs
monx
-[30-OCT-09] [ROM][WWE][27/11] ROMeOS _SHIFT v1.07 | WM6.1 21054 PHONE + GPS OK
i00
-[03-MAR-09] i00 ROM (GPS+Phone+Mic+MMS) Updated 9/3/2009
gullum
-[14-JUN-09] June 14 09 gullum shift roms WM 6.1(new) & 6.5 with phone
-[02-JAN-09] [02-01-2009]gullum Shift V0.1 WWE 5.2.20764(build20764)[Online]
thaihugo
-[25-MAR-09] [ROM] (Phone+GPS+Vista GPS+touch)Thaihugo's shift age of reason and age of beauty
-[25-MAR-09] [ROM] WM6.0 1.30+radio 1.27+ sound rec+phone
-[25-AUG-08] thaihugos [ROM] liberated snapvue + GPS WWE 1.22.405
-[14-AUG-08] Snapvue rom +gps easy install (nbh+ ruu flasher)
-[02-SEP-08] [ROM] French snapvue liberated +gps
-[24-JAN-09] [ROM] French snap vue gps lightest
-[02-SEP-08] Shift rom kitchen + liberated rom - Kitchen!
udK
-[13-DEC-08] [Dec 13 - Alpha2] Project Blackstone for Shift - Windows Mobile 6.1
saiweb
-[27-AUG-08] Liberated Chinese Traditional SnapVue Backup
pli6128
-[07-SEP-08] [ROM] plirom v2.00 WWE 1.22.405.0 96dpi
janstan
-[28-AUG-08] Original WWE ROM with RUU(actually original Canadian ROM)
tece
-[16-AUG-08] Liberated German ROM
saiweb
-[20-SEP-08] RamROM 1.00 --> 1.22WWE + GPS (thaihugo base)
davidgreen
-[11-SEP-08] [ROM]Italian liberated+GPS and standard shipped ROM
perseptron
-[12-MAY-09] official firmware for russia rom 1.30, radio 1.58

II - Radios
Radio.1.58.21.23 S Modded + Radio.1.58.25.14P
unknown radio posted by thai hugo

III - Tools
How to create a RUU from .raw files Help!
UMPC scrollbar utility
recovery image and other tools
New! New! PC Bluetooth Stack - for x86 side
HTC Debug tool
[W7] resolution switcher: Safe switch with Aero
New Resolution Changer and other nice tools
[Bios ROM] win7 is Activated
HTC BIOS update utility (External site)
Various BIOS utiities (External site)

IV - Drivers
Latest drivers for HTC Shift running on Windows 7
Windows 7 and 1024x600 works!
Possible new WIFI driver for Win7 Could someone please confirm this?
win xp final driver wlan ok touchscreen OK except calibration

V - Guides
-[15-MAY-15] [GUIDE] Installing Windows 10 Technical Preview on the HTC ShiftHow to install Windows 10!!
-[16-SEP-11] [GUIDE] Installing Windows 8 Preview on the HTC ShiftHow to install Windows 8!!
-[20-JUN-08] enterbootloader and hard reset program - the first step to fully unlocking the shift]How to use ecshift.exe to unbrick your device
-[26-AUG-08] Shift Project Release: SSPL and HardSPL - the way to custom ROMs and more! by cmonex
-[18-MAR-08] Enabling full WM the REALLY EASY SHIFTpack way by modaco
-[24-APR-08]Here's the Shift disassembly guide by facdemol(direct pdf download here)
-[05-APR-08]How to dump HTC Shift ROM by pof
-[25-OCT-08]yet another XP tablet PC installation guide from scratch by joy.d
-[18-OCT-08]Step by Step instructions for installing XP by dproldan
-[03-MAR-09]step by step guide to liberate > hard spl > flash Rom by N2h
-[01-FEB-09][How To] Step by step guide to Backup your Shift to nbh (All Steps!) by i00
-[25-MAY-09]Installing XP on Shift by (dproldan) With Control Center for XP By me by sany6006
-[08-MAY-09]Step-by-step guide for installing Windows 7 by deadnex
-[14-JUL-09]Easiest way ever to install win7 on shift by apoparis
-[12-JUL-09]Updated guide to installing win7 on your shift. by Caid444
-[01-OCT-08]How to Access shift hdd/sdcard on snapvue by scottt (includes link to a tool)
-[04-FEB-09]New! Storage solution to SnapVue (access sd card from x86 in WM) by 4all (includes link to a tool)
Upgrading the HDD Lots of useful info and pics
Manually uninstall Trend Micro PC-cillin (External site)

Last edited:

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
VI - Programs + Apps
snapvue cab

VII - Useful Info
Various Shift info/tips, including car charging!
new.png

Shift Wiki
Shift FAQ
hoticon.jpg

HTC Shift component data sheets
aquaseshs FTP server (External site)
RAM info:
General RAM info (External site)
I've found RAM for the Shift made by three different companies:
Infineon (External site)
Transcend (External site)
Swissbit (External site)

Some other useful info I've seen:
To get GPS on the x86 side use gpsgate or gps2blue
To monitor wireless (3G) useage use SPB Wireless Monitor

Last edited:

KwiHa

Jul 22, 2007
UK
cool

Ohh.... well done, nice collection!

I think there is a mistyped date:
[1] udK
-[13-DEC-09] [Dec 13 - Alpha2] Project Blackstone for Shift - Windows Mobile 6.1
[/I]
Today is 21.october so the year is wrong.

lucid

Dec 8, 2005
Amsterdam
www.reperion.com
VinoKirk, thank you very much, this posting has helped me a lot. As an early shift user, before liberation, it is nice to see enthusiasm for this device.

Reading back many important posts I cannot help but ask if there's a ROM cooker
out there who wants to make a :

1 - 6.1 rom with GPS, Voice
2 - Have TF3D Manilla 2.1 (with 2.5 icons) or Manilla 2.5
3 - Rip out anything else, we will add that later (No windows Live, PDF reader, no Office, no Messenger, no games, no connection setup autoconfigure, nothing. If it can be ripped out, rip it :)
4 - Black dialer skin, no threaded SMS

Forget about SD and BT for a while , let's have one more round of new ROM's...

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
One of the first things ill do when i get my shift is make a new ROM. I will firstly be making an extremely lite version with lots of stuff taken out. Then move onto one exactly the same but with TF3D :)

lucid

Dec 8, 2005
Amsterdam
www.reperion.com
When will you get your shift :)

One of the first things ill do when i get my shift is make a new ROM. I will firstly be making an extremely lite version with lots of stuff taken out. Then move onto one exactly the same but with TF3D :)

Looking forward to that!!

Building an extremely light ROM that has voice and GPS enabled is most probably done by thaihugo already, as a base for his ROM's. (which have usefull extra's like gps2blue pre-comnfigured).

Maybe you can start with his base, if it's shared,I don't know.

TF3D should fit I suppose, if Snapvue is ripped out. Please do include a full .net CF .3.5 sp1 with it as many apps need that.

If you need a tester let me know, I use all the functions of the Shift daily :)

DEMiSE

Jun 3, 2009
CDMA Shift?

I've been looking around for a while, and I can't seem to find any custom ROMs for the American CDMA Shift. I understand why that is, since it never offically came out here as a CDMA device, and most people world wide have GSM. But does anyone know of any good ROMs for the CDMA version? And does the liberate method work on the CDMA phones?

axelTP2

Apr 5, 2010
Bucharest
Hi Vinokirk, absolutely great thing you did here! As a newcomer to the HTC Shift Forum I got fast overloaded by the massive amount of information scattered all over the different threads, so your clear view on various files, programs and tools arranged per category is most than welcome.
As most of the information is more than one year old, could you please try to add one line in red at the top showing the latest update, at least for your post, as I guess asking for updates on every link and piece of software would be too much. Of course, this invitation is valid for everybody involved in terms of sending their update status to you.
A big THANK YOU to everybody who contributed to this knowledge pool for the hardwork enthusiasm and dedication. All the best.

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Sorry to disappoint folks. I never managed to get a Shift, and I never got the XDA funded one sent to me :( I do apologise, I was really looking forward to using and modifying the Shift!

axelTP2

Apr 5, 2010
Bucharest
Sorry to disappoint folks. I never managed to get a Shift, and I never got the XDA funded one sent to me :( I do apologise, I was really looking forward to using and modifying the Shift!

Sorry to hear that Vinokirk, it's a pitty that you couldn't use your enthusiasm and energy working on the Shift. Now it's an old thing already, although still interesting, but people are attracted by more advanced devices.
Anyway, organizing the Library was a great thing.
Do you mean that the XDA funded Shift got lost during transport?

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Yeah, a Shift was bought via HTC donations. I did ask for it, but the guy who originally got it dropped off the face of the earth so I never got it!
You can now get a 2GB stick of RAM for it and with SetFSB I can imagine you could get it up to 1Ghz which is quasi-decent!
I actually went out and got myself a Samsung Q1 Ultra for £120 the other day (bargain!) Its a pretty neat device, it's got the older Intel A100 (600Mhz) cpu instead of the Shifts Intel A110 (800Mhz) cpu which is a bit pants.
I still like the form factor of the Shift though :)

Piet24

Nov 22, 2010
@ThaiHugo or Dear Friends,

Can anyone send the RADIO file 1.27.35.28 HTC X9500 to sjiwawa@gmailcom.
I like to flash my shift with ThaiHugo rom.
I have looked one Google but..........Megaupload=FBI, i can't geth him to download.
Many Thanks

Greetings
Kors

stagsval20

Jul 16, 2012
htc shift updation

Dear all,

Please help me out i am having italian ROM snapvue without liberated i need english version rom and liberate. i am having those two files to liberate but its showing problem in installation. please help me out i am new to shift i need tutorials how to add phone calling option in my device.................i would appreciate for helping................

natboy

Mar 7, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Dear all,

Please help me out i am having italian ROM snapvue without liberated i need english version rom and liberate. i am having those two files to liberate but its showing problem in installation. please help me out i am new to shift i need tutorials how to add phone calling option in my device.................i would appreciate for helping................

I believe the CAB liberate file needs to be in the My Documents folder in the SnapVue side, and the LNK file can be anywhere that you can run it from as it's just a link/shortcut to the cab file.

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Sorry to hear that Vinokirk, it's a pitty that you couldn't use your enthusiasm and energy working on the Shift. Now it's an old thing already, although still interesting, but people are attracted by more advanced devices.
Anyway, organizing the Library was a great thing.
Do you mean that the XDA funded Shift got lost during transport?

Do you still have your Shift?
Even after all these years I've never had one!
Maybe one day :)