Help!

Search This thread

MTN_Cool

Aug 4, 2010
I got the TP2 T-Mobile version.
Let's just say that I love that phone and until windows 8 won't come out i won't ever replace it for nothing !!!

I need to change my Top frame with the digitizer and LCD screen.
My phone looks like that (for who forgot how it looks): http://www.letstalk.com/img/prod/cell-phones/t-mobile/htc/htc-touch-pro-2-tmobile_xl_5.gif
The same shape, the same color (the old good horse).

I can't Find anyware a digitizer made of GLASS + none top frame for that kind of phone.

Can i take a glass digitizer + frame + lcd screen of tilt or sprint and to fix it in ?
will it fit by the size ???

P.S
i took before a test with flex cable of sprint (with the front cam) and put it in and it's working just needed to make a room a bit (mooding style =] ).

Please mates, help me...I don't want to use the iPhones people gave me :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.horndoctor

Feb 6, 2010
St. Louis, MO.
the first one is way expensive + it got no the frame top cover + i don't know if it's made out of plastic or glass.

the second one is for at&t or sprints phones :\

No, both of those say they are made for the T-Mobile version. They are the LCD and Digitizer(touchscreen) combo. Sounds like you want or need a new housing too?
This page has all three available:

http://www.repairsuniverse.com/htc-touch-pro2-screens-repair-parts.html

If you use google you can probably find several more.

You are never going to find a glass digitizer(touchscreen) for this device because the rest of the hardware is only compatible with a resistive touchscreen digitizer that is flexible(plastic.) Glass digitizers(touchscreens) like the one on the HD2 are capacitive. Different technology. ;)

MTN_Cool

Aug 4, 2010
No, both of those say they are made for the T-Mobile version. They are the LCD and Digitizer(touchscreen) combo. Sounds like you want or need a new housing too?
This page has all three available:

http://www.repairsuniverse.com/htc-touch-pro2-screens-repair-parts.html

If you use google you can probably find several more.

You are never going to find a glass digitizer(touchscreen) for this device because the rest of the hardware is only compatible with a resistive touchscreen digitizer that is flexible(plastic.) Glass digitizers(touchscreens) like the one on the HD2 are capacitive. Different technology. ;)

newsflash - this phone is capable to use a glass digitizer also.
there is a second gen of the phone with glass digitizer (i all ready found one), all need to do is changing the LCD screen also.
but what's stopping me is the top frame.

and this site not have the frame up housing for the T-Mobile.
thanks for trying.

mr.horndoctor

Feb 6, 2010
St. Louis, MO.
newsflash - this phone is capable to use a glass digitizer also.
there is a second gen of the phone with glass digitizer (i all ready found one), all need to do is changing the LCD screen also.
but what's stopping me is the top frame.

and this site not have the frame up housing for the T-Mobile.
thanks for trying.

Hmm...second gen??
If you are talking about the HTC 7 Pro/Arrive which is basically the same form factor as the TP2 but runs Windows Phone 7 then that is a completely different device. Sorry dude, I seriously doubt that's gonna work. ;)

Here's a link to a top housing:

htcrepairparts.com/front-cover-housing-for-htc-touch-pro-2tmobile-p-2882.html

Last edited:

MTN_Cool

Aug 4, 2010
Hmm...second gen??
If you are talking about the HTC 7 Pro/Arrive which is basically the same form factor as the TP2 but runs Windows Phone 7 then that is a completely different device. Sorry dude, I seriously doubt that's gonna work. ;)

Here's a link to a top housing:

htcrepairparts.com/front-cover-housing-for-htc-touch-pro-2tmobile-p-2882.html

no mate, not HTC 7PRO.

the HTC TP2 is one of the phones that got too much versions.
If it's sprint / At&t / Verizon etc...
and it T-Mobile (for example) it got 2 versions - The one before the 3GS (plastic digitizer - Gen one), and the one that after the 3GS came out (Glass Digitizer - Gen 2).

Don't you fix phones to know that ? :S

Last edited:

horizons1

Nov 27, 2007
Seems easier to completely replace with a used phone rather than try to repair. I just bought a used TP2 for my wife (same as mine) for $60 on ebay.

mr.horndoctor

Feb 6, 2010
St. Louis, MO.
no mate, not HTC 7PRO.

the HTC TP2 is one of the phones that got too much versions.
If it's sprint / At&t / Verizon etc...
and it T-Mobile (for example) it got 2 versions - The one before the 3GS (plastic digitizer - Gen one), and the one that after the 3GS came out (Glass Digitizer - Gen 2).

Don't you fix phones to know that ? :S

Well "mate", no I don't fix a lot of phones other than my own but I do know quite a bit about these devices. Sorry, but the Touch Pro 2 was never sold or distributed with a glass digitizer so you won't find a replacement digitizer made out of glass to install. Even if you did find one to fit the rest of the hardware would not support it or function properly and maybe the device wouldn't work at all. The LCD, however, IS made out of glass. The LCD/Digitizer assembly consists of a glass LCD screen with a flexible plastic Digitizer glued to the LCD panel with an adhesive. That's what you'll find to repair what you have and that's what I tried to help you find with the links I gave you. I wish now I had never tried to help you because you seem to be quite a smarta$$ and aparently you already know everything and you just want to argue so I'm done trying to help you.

By the way, what is this 3GS stuff you are talking about? If you are referring to the iPhone then it has nothing to do with this device. You must be really confused or you're just ignorant.

What a waste of time this was.

MTN_Cool

Aug 4, 2010
look on the original question please.
i am looking to fit a htc tp2 like the orginal (no t-mobile one) to the t-mobile version.
the question was if it will fit by the size ? - if i will replace the frame, screen and digitizer.

that's what i don't know, if it will sit properly on the case.

all the other stuff on the device i know. and i have lots of devices but that one i LOVE !!!

J

jianC

Only the t-mobile digitizer fits on the t-mobile version of the phone (if you don't replace bezel and frame. It is different from all the other variants of the Tp2, but they all use the same screen.. It's still a resistive glass digitizer in all the versions despite their form differences. There is no capacitive (if that's what you mean by "glass") version of the phone.

If you wanted to replace the entire top sliding/tilting part of the tp2, it would probably work, but the placement of the flex cables and motherboard may be different. If you look on the HTC website for the t-mobile tp2 and all the other tp2's, the dimensions are identical in all versions. There is no guarantee that they will fit, but you can tell us if it fits or not ;)

MTN_Cool

Aug 4, 2010
Only the t-mobile digitizer fits on the t-mobile version of the phone (if you don't replace bezel and frame. It is different from all the other variants of the Tp2, but they all use the same screen.. It's still a resistive glass digitizer in all the versions despite their form differences. There is no capacitive (if that's what you mean by "glass") version of the phone.

If you wanted to replace the entire top sliding/tilting part of the tp2, it would probably work, but the placement of the flex cables and motherboard may be different. If you look on the HTC website for the t-mobile tp2 and all the other tp2's, the dimensions are identical in all versions. There is no guarantee that they will fit, but you can tell us if it fits or not ;)

thanks you man, that is very helpfull - i think it will do it later :)