Permanently detach apps from Google Play Store?

Search This thread

altanole

Apr 8, 2013
Remove apps from Google play update list

Guys I have a simple method just install an app apk permissions remover and then open any apk or app u want remove from Google play remove any useless permission and then save and uninstall and install that app. Update will be remove. It's easy and working only one app do this. Try it
It's free too.

Last edited:

Xrhstos

Mar 5, 2007
Has anyone found a way to completely detach any app from market? I mean not to be shown as "installed" at all

lambgx02

Jul 26, 2008
Montreal
I'm curious whether or not Google is aware that this is a very real problem for many of us.

Version pinning is supported by a ton of serious operating systems, and it seems that Google wants Android to be taken seriously. Is this functionality missing because it's not considered important, or in a passive/aggressive attempt to force updates on users?

AMDZen

Sep 6, 2013
Denver
Moto G7 Power
What permission do I disable just to stop update notifications for a single app?

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

Guys I have a simple method just install an app apk permissions remover and then open any apk or app u want remove from Google play remove any useless permission and then save and uninstall and install that app. Update will be remove. It's easy and working only one app do this. Try it
It's free too.

Which permission is for play store update?

altanole

Apr 8, 2013
Yes it's work. And u can save that apk and install in any fon it will not show up in updates.

altanole

Apr 8, 2013
thanks for answering but I tried as you suggested but I see the app still requesting to be updated from the playstore..
am I doing it wrong?
I can provide you the apk of the app I try to install if you can help me
If the app is already installed choose app from main menu
Then on the permissions page just save and install option
First uninstall previous app then install edited app. By the way which app u want to remove update.

C114

Jul 24, 2013
Szczecin
Zipsigner works for me. Titanium Backup pro works as well. I think after using TB after reboot it goes to normal.

Last edited:

C114

Jul 24, 2013
Szczecin
What i did is i converted the app i want not to update to system app.
Play Store can not uninstall it cos its a system app.
And even if you accidently update the app you can just uninstall the update in the Play store, not the whole app.

Hit thanks if i helped. Cheers

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

El Philou

Jun 12, 2004
France
The only way to do this I've found so far is to :
* get the Apk you wanna detach (eg using TitaniumBackup)
* install ZipSigner from play store
* re-sign the extracted Apk using ZipSigner and test key
* uninstall the original app and install the re-signed Apk

This worked for me to get rid of new version of Facebook requiring all kind of permissions

Perfect work, thanks a lot :)

flash608

Nov 30, 2011
Torun
You can do it without root.

First, uninstall the app that you don't want to get updates. Then add different Google account on your phone. On Google play from the new account install the app that you want. At last delete the account from your phone.

The app won't be updated cause it's attached to an account that doesn't exist on your phone any more :)

The best part is that I was searching for a solution for a long time and that just came into my head.

paarnoutse

Mar 6, 2014

First, uninstall the app that you don't want to get updates. Then add different Google account on your phone. On Google play from the new account install the app that you want. At last delete the account from your phone.

The app won't be updated cause it's attached to an account that doesn't exist on your phone any more :)

The best part is that I was searching for a solution for a long time and that just came into my head.

Tested this at my OnPlus 5 running Android 8.1.0, but unfortunately it doesn't help. After installing an app by another user at the phone and then switching back to your normal user, the app isn't available and not shown within the launcher for that other user (like the other user also doesn't have the user apps available in his launcher that were installed before by your normal user).
By the way: When removing the other user from your phone, the user apps that were installed by that user will be removed.

paarnoutse

Mar 6, 2014

This worked for me to get rid of new version of Facebook requiring all kind of permissions

The ZipSigner method worked for me.
Thanks, cthulu!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Another Technique

Found this thread while trying to figure out a way to stay with Nova 3.3 instead of their buggy (so far) update to 4.0 and 4.0.1. It was annoying to keep getting the Play reminder to update and, as someone else said, it also means you can't do an "update all"
    But I had trouble making the zipsigner approach outlined herein work, but these steps (found in another thread) worked for me.

1. Find the Nova apk (or other app apk you're trying to detach) in your data/app file and copy to somewhere you can find easily
    2. Download APK Permission Remover (by Steelworks) from the Play Store (it's free)
    3. Open APK Permission Remover and find the apk of the app you want to detach from the Market
    4. Your app will be opened, with all of its permissions revealed. Choose one that is not important to lose -- and tap it to disable (e.g., for Nova, I got rid of a permission to read the HTC launcher) (since I'm on a Note 3).
    5. Then choose the option within APK Permission Remover to uninstall the existing version of your app and install this new (missing one permission) version.
    6. Voila. The change in the APK appears to work to disconnect the app from the market. Survived a reboot too.

Yes, I get the Nova Prime warning, but it doesn't seem to limit its functionality -- it's just saying don't go to them for support (not that I've gotten any response to my multiple emails outlining some of the bugs of 4.0)
    Get the apk from /data/app and make a copy and put it on /sdcard/. Uninstall from the play store and then install from the apk. Make sure you have unknown sources checked. Then it won't update from the play store because it'll be installed by something other than the play store. :) I hope this helps.

Hello all!

Is there any way to PERMANENTLY detach an installed app (that you wish to keep installed) from the Google Play store in order to prevent it from updating or checking for updates? Titanium Backup provides a detach option but for some reason it isn't permanent (lasts hours and/or next reboot).

Thank you!

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
    Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
    Bean's ROM 18 w/Perseus 33.6 Kernel