FORUMS

[TUT] Performance improving of HD (.NET, DirectDraw Drivers, CorePlayer ...)

1,011 posts
Thanks Meter: 121

By geistteufel, Senior Member on 16th December 2008, 09:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th December 2008, 08:05 PM |#11  
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 46

More
A question: Why don't HTC use the version 3.5 on this "new" phone rather than version 2 (that sounds quite old) ?
16th December 2008, 09:24 PM |#12  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 0

More
In my opinion the HTC Standard Software ist not working with .NetFramework, so HTC is not interested in trying out something "new"... Maybe they will activate Framework 3.5 in a new Firmware Update.

Could this be the reason? Am I correct in saying, that not all the Software uses NetFramework? So the Speedboost will work only with some special Software.
16th December 2008, 09:25 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasty

A question: Why don't HTC use the version 3.5 on this "new" phone rather than version 2 (that sounds quite old) ?

Because they don't use it at all in their package ! so why installing a more rescent version when you use a old one ?

did you see htc optimize setting for best experience ? it's the same think

it's better and faster to do it yourself
16th December 2008, 09:29 PM |#14  
Flag Moscow

More
Have done some Benchmark.

VSBenchmark07 told me (nearly) the same old score. So no boost for this application.

VSBenchmark tests: Write/Read speed, Memory Acess, Graphic Performance, Sound Performance, Game Performance (?)
17th December 2008, 07:28 AM |#15  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,154

Donate to Me
More
Weird.. my HD performs much better with NETCF3.5 installed.
Can you post the benchmarks please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffein Schluck

Have done some Benchmark.

VSBenchmark07 told me (nearly) the same old score. So no boost for this application.

VSBenchmark tests: Write/Read speed, Memory Acess, Graphic Performance, Sound Performance, Game Performance (?)

17th December 2008, 10:19 AM |#16  
Flag Moscow

More
After some Soft Resets my device performs also faster, my ultimate Benchmark score is 2642, whats yours ?

Before the Update my Device had a score of ~2300

Edit: You must run VGAFix to crop the display resolution, the Benchmark is not designed for WVGA displays....
20th December 2008, 10:35 AM |#17  
Flag Guildford

More
i know this sounds daft....but how do you install 3.5 on your phone.....i downloaded it from microsoft and copied it to the phone.... but it wont let me install it.... I know im doing something completely stupid but what???
20th December 2008, 10:55 AM |#18  
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakie_uk

i know this sounds daft....but how do you install 3.5 on your phone.....i downloaded it from microsoft and copied it to the phone.... but it wont let me install it.... I know im doing something completely stupid but what???

It is a MSI file, so connect your phone to the PC, run ActiveSync and then run the MSI file on your Desktop Computer! Dont run it on the PDA ><
20th December 2008, 10:58 AM |#19  
Flag Guildford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffein Schluck

It is a MSI file, so connect your phone to the PC, run ActiveSync and then run the MSI file on your Desktop Computer! Dont run it on the PDA ><

cheers! How stupid of me. thanx... all done
22nd December 2008, 09:26 AM |#20  
Flag near Utrecht

More
Hi,

Interesting thread, I'd like to have a go at this Hope I can get some help though...

I obviously want to start at the beginning; installing .NET FrameWork 3.5. My first question is in regards to installing this .NET 3.5 without using ActiveSync, Microsoft tells people this is possible:

"If you are not using ActiveSync, run the CAB files on the device that correspond to the device–specific CAB files found in the install folder."

Upon installing .NET FrameWork 3.5 on my laptop, I can find the following .CAB files in the install folder:

NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab
NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab
NETCFv35.ppc.armv4.cab
NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab
NETCFv35.wce.mipsii.cab
NETCFv35.wce.mipsiv.cab
NETCFv35.wce.sh4.cab
NETCFv35.wce.x86.cab
NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab
(and some other ones for different languages)

Can anyone tell me which of these .CAB's I need for installing .NET FrameWork 3.5 on my Touch HD WWE I'd be much abliged for any assistance on this matter...

Regards,

Rolf (35, m, The Netherlands)
22nd December 2008, 09:55 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Rook

Hi,

Interesting thread, I'd like to have a go at this Hope I can get some help though...

I obviously want to start at the beginning; installing .NET FrameWork 3.5. My first question is in regards to installing this .NET 3.5 without using ActiveSync, Microsoft tells people this is possible:

"If you are not using ActiveSync, run the CAB files on the device that correspond to the device–specific CAB files found in the install folder."

Upon installing .NET FrameWork 3.5 on my laptop, I can find the following .CAB files in the install folder:

NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab
NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab
NETCFv35.ppc.armv4.cab
NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab
NETCFv35.wce.mipsii.cab
NETCFv35.wce.mipsiv.cab
NETCFv35.wce.sh4.cab
NETCFv35.wce.x86.cab
NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab
(and some other ones for different languages)

Can anyone tell me which of these .CAB's I need for installing .NET FrameWork 3.5 on my Touch HD WWE I'd be much abliged for any assistance on this matter...

Regards,

Rolf (35, m, The Netherlands)

I think is this one : NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab

try it, normally you can't install version that doesn't correspond to your phone.

so faster way is to start windows, you will win a little time, but, try each one the one who want to be install on your system is the one
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)