DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
EDIT: Closed and archived for future reference. 1.20 onward is multi-Operating System.

IF YOU ARE ON 9.16.6, THE LATEST OTA, DO NOT USE THE DROID RAZR HD UTILITY 1.10 OR BELOW

For the Linux/Mac version of this utility by johnthehillbilly visit him @ DroidRzr.com
If you have any kind of troubleshooting you can also find me there usually in the Chatroom.

Header.png
DROID IS ONLY USED BY VERIZON WIRELESS IN THE UNITED STATES. XT925 IS NOT SUPPORTED AND IS NOT A DROID!
DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10
Menu1.png

WARNING: Wiping data may lead to wiped internal SD card.

Functions of 1.10:
  1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software)
  2. Root for ICS 4.0.4 by djrbliss (motofail2go method)
  3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App by supercurio
  4. Install Safestrap 3.05.17 App by Hashcode
Menu2.png

Download (md5: E26AFCE1CAFC6DA9AC1D16D7432393C8):
Supporting Links ---
Utility Home Page

Non-Supporting Links---
Note: Downloads go MUCH faster if you use a download Manager like Orbit Download Manager. (Thanks xlightwaverx for the tip!)

Credits:
The Firmware Team for providing the 0.6.25 fxz.
Dan Rosenberg (djrbliss) for his amazing job on the motofail2go exploit.
Project Voodoo for their OTA Rootkeeper.
Hashcode for Safestrap 3.05.17.

Changelog:
1.10-Added Safestrap by Hashcode
1.10-Updated su-binary, so you shouldn't have to.

~Enjoy! If you liked it hit the thanks button!

Last edited:

Arkasai

Feb 11, 2011
You sir, are awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Check the other root thread for unroot instructions. Its in OP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mk1151

Apr 19, 2011
New York Area
Unrooting any android device is really self explanatory...

Delete Superuser.apk and the su binary... done. If it had busybox then that too.

How easy it that?

Will deleting these 2 or 3 things allow Google Movies, Isis, GWallet, and other secure apps to work?

I'm trying to enable access from my Mobile HotSpot connected device through the JunOS Pulse client on my RAZR HD. I have the route entries I need to make as well. Basically I want to root, add the entries, then unroot so it looks stock with this minor exception.

Thanks for the help!

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
can you expleind wath doing all that?? the option 1 and 3 I don`t now that.

1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) ---

This brings the phone back to the original factory software. Version 0.6.25 running Ice Cream Sandwich.

3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App ---

This installs an app which lets you bring root over through OTA updates. Keeps it safe.

I cannot expleind them any simpler than this ;)

Jun 22, 2012
1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) ---

This brings the phone back to the original factory software. Version 0.6.25 running Ice Cream Sandwich.

3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App ---

This installs an app which lets you bring root over through OTA updates. Keeps it safe.

I cannot expleind them any simpler than this ;)
I don´t now much ingles sow that is very expleind for my :D jaja. the 1 is the same that flash a firmware no?? thanks man:good:

davidjames4

Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Quick question, should I be using this utility if I have a Rogers Razr HD and want to do a a factory restore?
My phone is stuck on boot :(

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Quick question, should I be using this utility if I have a Rogers Razr HD and want to do a a factory restore?

Found my answer in the readme file

"This is ONLY for Verizon DROID RAZR HD and Verizon DROID RAZR MAXX HD"

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Found my answer in the readme file

"This is ONLY for Verizon DROID RAZR HD and Verizon DROID RAZR MAXX HD"

Also only certain Verizon phones are DROID branded. Android =/= DROID.

Reactions: swboland

samabuelsamid

Oct 19, 2010
Ypsilanti
I can't seem to get my phone to restore back to factory state.

I've been running my Maxx HD rooted since the day I got it a couple of weeks ago and wanted to try out the JB leak. I ran the utility and started my phone in AP Fastboot mode. I plugged it in and the utility recognized and and started doing all the loads, everything seemed to go ok with no failure messages and continued as expected after pressing the any key.

However, when it all seemed to be complete, I restarted the phone and it never actually updated itself. It always comes back to where I was. I've tried both from rooted state and also from temporary unroot state (thanks to OTA rootkeeper)

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be preventing a restore?

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I can't seem to get my phone to restore back to factory state.

I've been running my Maxx HD rooted since the day I got it a couple of weeks ago and wanted to try out the JB leak. I ran the utility and started my phone in AP Fastboot mode. I plugged it in and the utility recognized and and started doing all the loads, everything seemed to go ok with no failure messages and continued as expected after pressing the any key.

However, when it all seemed to be complete, I restarted the phone and it never actually updated itself. It always comes back to where I was. I've tried both from rooted state and also from temporary unroot state (thanks to OTA rootkeeper)

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be preventing a restore?

"It always comes back to where I was."

What does this mean?

If you didn't choose to wipe data... your data will be intact.

Reactions: swboland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts