[ROM-AOSP] Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2_r1 for the Kindle Fire 2 [02-12 4.2.2_r1]

Search This thread

Piemo

Oct 31, 2010
Kindle of a friend, definetly not a nerd or interested person

Better this one or official CM10.1 nightly?

dturtill

Feb 24, 2009
Newbie issue

my kf2 freezes on the triangle boot screen
any help? fixed it.

i also have the same issue a bit of a newbie flashing kindles but have been flashing phones for a while

i have rooted and installed the TWRP bootloader

added the rom and gapps to the kindle and booted in to bootloader

wiped cache and Devik and current rom

installed rom and gaps

system sticks on triangle boot screen then shows something stoped responding before going back to boot screen

have i missed something please

thanks

Dave

Edible_DNA

Nov 1, 2009
Daughter is soooo happy!!

I installed this on my daughters Kindle Fire 2nd Gen, works like a charm! She is sooo happy now!:laugh: Thanks for your hard work. She loves the fact that her tablet works like dads Nexus 7 now. :victory:

punkcitykid

Dec 9, 2011
Has anyone used ROM Toolbox Pro to change the bootanimation? I've done it on my s3, but not sure it will work on the kindle.

Last edited:

akh1989

Jan 8, 2012
ran out of the 16GB 8.9" kindle fire HD that was in stock. We have upgraded your kindle fire for FREE OF CHARGE to a 64GB 8.9" 4GLTE kindle fire HD

Decent ebay seller sent me this on my purchase of a new 16gb wifi 8.9' fire.what happened here. I got a free upgrade to 64gb 4G LTE something which costs 500$ instead of 269$ :confused: Any red flags ?

I pretty much don't think I will be using 4G LTE. Can I still use these vanilla jelly-bean rom on my kindle and use it as a non LTE wifi kindle ?

stanwebber

Jul 30, 2009
goo.im download links for this rom are defunct. i located a torrent containing the rom from another forum posting, but that is long since dead. i've searched exhaustively for an alternative download location (including directory tree of hosting provider hashcode uses now), but have come up empty. does anyone still have a copy of this rom that they can share? thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jb-kfire-trio-screenshot.png

AOSP JELLY BEAN 4.2.2_r1

*** READ CAREFULLY BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ***
    *** Kindle Fire 1st-gen ROMs/KERNELS are *NOT* compatible with the Kindle Fire 2. Please only flash ROMs/KERNELS that are made for the Kindle Fire 2. ***

This ROM represents exactly what is being pushed to Nexus 10/7 owners. Now you can join in the fun too!

WHAT'S NEW IN ANDROID 4.2
    See for yourself: http://www.android.com/whatsnew/
    (Note that we don't have a camera or NFC so some of these are obviously not going to work for us)

[2013/02/12] Download 4.2.2_r1 ROM here
    md5sum: fed5a3e6d4c66498d8c6412a13663617

PLUS YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AFTER
    Jelly Bean 4.2 Gapps here (CM10.1)
    (use top row CM10.1 link for 12/12)

WHAT WORKS
    (Basically, most items I tested work, except I couldn't get the new swype-style input going on the keyboard)
    • [02/12] AOSP 4.2.2_r1
    • [01/22] Updated with new 3.0.50 kernel including better battery life
    • [01/22] Newest PVR/Imgtec graphics binaries
    • [01/22] Update wifi firmware to R5.SP3.06
    • [12/18] Fixed battery deep sleep
    • [12/18] Added multi-user login fix mentioned by NotShorty found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018146
    • Hardware Acceleration (hwcomposer)
    • HD Codecs (YouTube/Netflix)
    • Small amount of OTG (some devices w/ powered hub supported)
    • Sound, but no microphone

NOT WORKING
    • Bootanimation needs a display bugfix
    • Need to enable the swype-style 4.2 keyboard
    • I'll check out photo sync options
    • Looking into USB camera support (will probably be more useful when the 3.4 kernel is ready)

REQUIREMENTS
    1. Have 2nd-bootloader + custom recovery installed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2100963
    2. OR Easy APK method by FMKilo: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106463

INSTALLATION
    RECOMMEND FULL WIPE UNLESS UPDATING A 4.2 ROM Use Titanium Backup to restore apps.
    1. Download the ZIP
    2. Grab the GAPPS (12/12 from goo.im/gapps)
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Make your backup (You do make a backup right?)
    5. Wipe Data/Cache)
    6. Flash both the ROM and the gapps .zip files
    7. Reboot and Enjoy

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    • Q: Does this include the new 3.4 kernel? A: No, it's not ready yet.
    • Q: Where's the "Developer" settings menu? A: Go into Settings -> About tablet, and tap the "Build number" box about 7 times. That enables it.

BUILDING THIS ROM
    [ It's a rough build. Probably not going to update the public manifest ]

Enjoy
    I'm holding off on updates, as we should be seeing new source drop in the next month or 2.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    This should include the MAC address fix, but I can't confirm if its working correctly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the backlight not shuting off when charging. If I shut the screen off after I plug the charger in the backlight stays on.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using xda app-developers app
    Lower your brightness setting.
    Here are the changes from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2

4.2.2 (11 February 2013)

- Fixed Bluetooth audio streaming bugs
    - Long-pressing the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings now toggles the on/off state
    - New download notifications, which now shows the percentage and an estimated time remaining for your app downloads while they are happening
    -New sounds for wireless charging and low battery.
    -Removed option to show all calls in the phone app's call list.
    -New Gallery app animation allows faster loading.
    -USB Debug whitelist
    -Bug fixes and performance enhancements

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2