Received my Huawei Ascend Mate

Search This thread

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak
Totally thought that the phone was limited to internal memory for apps. Not really, you cant switch between your sd or internal memory as default storage.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06

Reactions: sani9937

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
It seems that what we were underestimating is prooving and showing the results.

Good luck with yhe gentle giant.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak
Here is my video review for everyone interested,I will be doing other reviews on such things like gaming and multi tasking, pocket size and stuff like that.

satawat.thongsawat

Mar 17, 2007
Can you sync Google contact?
I use the rooted ROM but cannot sync contact, calendar and everything else syncs fine.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I use the rooted ROM but cannot sync contact, calendar and everything else syncs fine.

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I'm trying to figure it out also.

PowerMan572

Oct 30, 2011
Yes! I just bought this phone too. I bought it Wednesday night after e-mailing back and forth with the seller in China, and I was able to pay $5 extra on top of the $20 shipping (so $25 total) to get the phone, case, and screen protector to me by this Friday! (so essentially overnight shipping.) I'm so glad I'm going to have it by this weekend.

I absolutely can't wait to get this phone! I can't wait to see peoples reaction when they see my phablet!

So Google Contacts and Calendar events doing sync? Damn!! I rely on Google's sync options immensely! So I guess I'll just have to enter in all my contacts manually, and then download an app from the Play Store that will backup contacts automatically to the SD card.

I too bought a 64GB sd card, so I will have plenty of space.

Last edited:

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak
You have the option to switch your internal memory for your sd memory as internal. You are able to install Google stuff after you rooted, but not sync. I had to transfer my contacts via Bluetooth from my previous phone. This phone is really amazing and at a great price.I got my phone after five days due to weekend delay.should have ordered my case with it since no body here sells anything for it. =/

PowerMan572

Oct 30, 2011
You have the option to switch your internal memory for your sd memory as internal. You are able to install Google stuff after you rooted, but not sync. I had to transfer my contacts via Bluetooth from my previous phone. This phone is really amazing and at a great price.I got my phone after five days due to weekend delay.should have ordered my case with it since no body here sells anything for it. =/

Yeah, the seller is rooting it and installing Play for me beforehand.

I did not know the sync doesn't work :-/ that really stinks.

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak
I mean, there could be someway,I just needed that for my contacts. You might be able to find a fix somewhere.

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak
Reactions: mokokawi

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak
uploadfromtaptalk1366364726760.jpg
etadydyb.jpg

jacktherapper00

Apr 28, 2013
Düsseldorf
Cant belive that you rarely find stuff for / about the Mate, as for me its the only current real N7100 competitor in the market.

Is MT1-U06 the internal / Huawei product code?
Is there any knowledge about custom roms in the making? MIUI? CM?
Root routines / manuals?
Does anybody know if it will take a 64GB SanDisk without problems?
Did anybody already try to remove the backover / battery? Any warrenty labels preventing to do so?

I've just ordered one to test it parallel to my Note 2, but i fear that a massive lack of community interest & support will be the real and main con.

PowerMan572

Oct 30, 2011
Cant belive that you rarely find stuff for / about the Mate, as for me its the only current real N7100 competitor in the market.

Is MT1-U06 the internal / Huawei product code?
Is there any knowledge about custom roms in the making? MIUI? CM?
Root routines / manuals?
Does anybody know if it will take a 64GB SanDisk without problems?
Did anybody already try to remove the backover / battery? Any warrenty labels preventing to do so?

I've just ordered one to test it parallel to my Note 2, but i fear that a massive lack of community interest & support will be the real and main con.

MT1-U06 is Huawei's model #.

There's no custom ROMs for this phone, no ClockWorkMod Recovery (probably won't be).

There is root, and it's fairly easy: http://androidforums.com/ascend-mate-all-things-root/707294-huawei-ascend-mate-root-guide.html

Mine takes 64GB just fine. Although I did have the SD card formatted to Fat32. Still reads it just fine.

No, you cannot remove the back cover. It's a solid phone and it would be very difficult to start prying things apart on this phone.

I love this phone though, it's a solid phone. I only wish Huawei would bring it to the U.S. so we could get some ROMs and ClockWorkMod installed ;)

Reactions: mokokawi

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak
I love this phone too, big screen, fast, but low development here is a no go. Plus Huawei is saying that they don't want business here in the USA anymore. I might ditch this and go with the s4.

Sent from my hwmt1-u06

Top Liked Posts