[Guide/ Pictorial /Video ] How to solve Security error/Flash Stock TOT file LG E970

Search This thread

Geeb888

Mar 10, 2014
OTA updates?

Will we be able to recieve OTA updates after doing this if kitkat ever makes its way to this device?

cougar214

May 16, 2011
Ummm. I just did this on my wifes phone. This says it's for the AT&T LG Optimus G. So everything is cool right? Wrong! Why in the hell is my wifes phone now saying the manufacturer is "LG Electronics KOREA! and her IMEI has changed!......WTF!.....And get the OTA?...Really?....The damn thing is telling me it has a communication error on the update because of this. Can someone PLEASE step in here and explain to me wth just happened?

ShoaibAhmed

Aug 3, 2013
Ahmedabad
Ummm. I just did this on my wifes phone. This says it's for the AT&T LG Optimus G. So everything is cool right? Wrong! Why in the hell is my wifes phone now saying the manufacturer is "LG Electronics KOREA! and her IMEI has changed!......WTF!.....And get the OTA?...Really?....The damn thing is telling me it has a communication error on the update because of this. Can someone PLEASE step in here and explain to me wth just happened?

Okay let me check it. I will flash TOT and check if it changes my IMEI and other things as you mentioned.

Edit : @cougar214 , you were right about Manufacturer But My IMEI is unchanged same as before.

Root your phone , restore EFS back up using free Gee and Flash stock TOT

I0iszxU.jpg

Last edited:

cougar214

May 16, 2011
Can I even restore an efs backup now? The reason I did this was because I went to relock her phone using freegee and it got stuck at the security warning. So I flashed this file. Won't that backup be gone now? Actually, come to think of it, her phone was still all set up like nothing changed. All her apps, contacts, screen saver, wallpaper, everything was still there. So it makes no sense to me....lol

ShoaibAhmed

Aug 3, 2013
Ahmedabad
Can I even restore an efs backup now? The reason I did this was because I went to relock her phone using freegee and it got stuck at the security warning. So I flashed this file. Won't that backup be gone now? Actually, come to think of it, her phone was still all set up like nothing changed. All her apps, contacts, screen saver, wallpaper, everything was still there. So it makes no sense to me....lol

Root your phone and install freeGee app and restore EFS. Than uninstall both Superuser and Freegee or flash this TOT file.

moiz.mithani

Apr 16, 2013
karachi
Full Jellybean on Mako

Dear Sir,

i want to go back to my stock rom using LGNPST, but when i connect my phone in download mode it says "LG Full Jellybean on Mako" and dont detect my phone on LGNPST, i format all my data using TWRP 2.6.3.

please help me how can i get back to normal mode to flash stock tot file.

Regards,
Moiz

friendlyguy55

Jul 2, 2013
Hartford
Thank you so much. This is a really useful guide.
Thankfully I haven't run into any such problems for now but I have bookmarked this page in case something like this happens in the future.

fomgoms

Aug 12, 2014
Thank you for the guide, but it isn't working for me. I hope you can help me fix my problem.

I installed LGNPST as instructed, but when I plug in my phone there is no installation of drivers and LGNPST does not recognize that my device is connected. My phone goes into Download Mode, but nothing happens on the computer. This is at about 3:30 in your video.

I have tried this on three different computers with four different USB cables and have physically cleaned out the port on my phone. I have also installed the E970 drivers that the LG site provides.

Can you help me fix this issue?

savingwizard

Dec 7, 2011
After flash this, would radio also be back to stock?
I was having a null IMEI, so I restored efs from the backup file that was generated when i first rooted the phone. So supposedly that backup should be good. But that still didn't fix the issue. Then I tried flash this. Rom goes back to stock but the isssue still there.
Just wondering if flash the stock radio would help.
Strang thing now the phone does not care whether is SIM card.
No warning even if sim card is removed.
Thanks for the help.

199xpro

Dec 3, 2013
Hi, that is great, you are amazing, thanks for you!

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Free mobile app

antde201

Apr 13, 2011
Hello, thanks for the tool.

I'm wondering how do you browse for a dll in the tool that is different from the one provided? I'm trying to use a dll for the E980 but the tool only recognizes the dll file provided with the tool installation. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

ShoaibAhmed

Aug 3, 2013
Ahmedabad
Hello, thanks for the tool.

I'm wondering how do you browse for a dll in the tool that is different from the one provided? I'm trying to use a dll for the E980 but the tool only recognizes the dll file provided with the tool installation. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

It requires patched dll , you need to search on XDA "how to patch it" or ask someone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys , Just before 26 hrs i got security error on my LG Optimus G E970 and I don't know How to solve it. I searched alot and i didn't find proper Guide. So i think i should make one for other people.

This is descriptive Guide and cover almost every single part and Download links.

(For tools and firmware I don't own it , i just searched it on web/XDA so credits goes to Devs )

Download link LGNPST automated (credits goes to Dev) : http://bit.ly/14hPMxn

Firmware thread link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2219953

Video :

now first you need to download firmware from site

FiHbJRG.png

Extract Zip and you will get TOT File
    j0yOIhu.jpg

rename it to Bin
    Qwskdhz.jpg

Now Download LGNPST automated Zip and Extaract it

After Extracting Run Install.bat as administrator
    KCq4THT.jpg

After completeing installation press enter
    X9Du6np.jpg

Now open Directory where LGNPST is installed

It is in LG electronics folder

for 32 bit system users go to programe files/ LG electronics
    for 64 bit system users go to programe files(X86)/ LG electronics

p2xqLO2.jpg

Now open LGNPST in LGNPST folder
    tvPJeDe.jpg

Connect your phone in USB by pressing and holding both Vol + and - key
    It will connect to Download MOD
    v57Fs82.jpg

1p8A1ae.png

As you connect your phone drivers are started to be installed
    5oXDXqA.jpg

After drivers are installed you will be able to see your device
    AmPtujA.jpg

Now click right side of DLL file files and select LS970.DLL
    ebY7Lfb.jpg

Now click right side of bin and select bin file which we renamed
    JizOP00.jpg

Now click start and it warned you that this process will erase your data
    click ok
    LWwkjsQ.jpg

Flashing will start and at 67-85 % it will flash firmware
    if your device is booted then you can unplugg your device If not than you have to keep it plugged up to 100%
    AmRYhQX.jpg

PART 2 :
    mx6Bxmk.jpg

Credits :
    @g33k3r
    @adfurgerson
    @whoamanwtf
    And all other who helped me one way or other
    Great work, I have this bookmarked for future referral. It should be stickied in my opinion.
    Great work, I have this bookmarked for future referral. It should be stickied in my opinion.

Thanks . Actually i didn't find any guide explaining properly so i thought i should make one.
    Great write up. I also motion the thought to sticky this.
    This is from my experience:
    I just went thru the procedures and after download show at 85% my phone auto reboot and some how it got stuck at the blue AT&T logo. I was waiting for another 15 minutes but no changed. At this point I'm a little panic thinking I have brick the phone. So I went to google and do some searching. This is what came up.
    If you got stuck at the reboot , power off and FACTORY RESET THE PHONE (in my case I'm holding the volume down button and Power Button.
    After a while phone boot up normal into its OS.
    I'm a happy man now
    :laugh: