Originally Posted by marco1530

i need windows 8.0 for surface rt

I had the same problem few days ago....

You can use those links for download recovery image:
GB:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...16&postcount=3

US:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=32

For creating USB recovery disk (US version) I used this tool from the above post.

Before you start anything create a recovery USB from your working surface... that could be useful!!
Writing down windows product key could be useful as well....

When you'll have everything ready just follow those steps (I used them and it worked for me):
- go to Recovery and Advanced restart.
- choose start from USB.
- After Surface restart go to Advance and refresh your surface completely with re-partition (When Surface will ask you about recovery key just skip that step)

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twister2000 Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 07:00 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
i try ty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister2000

I had the same problem few days ago....

You can use those links for download recovery image:
GB:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...16&postcount=3

US:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=32

For creating USB recovery disk (US version) I used this tool from the above post.

Before you start anything create a recovery USB from your working surface... that could be useful!!
Writing down windows product key could be useful as well....

When you'll have everything ready just follow those steps (I used them and it worked for me):
- go to Recovery and Advanced restart.
- choose start from USB.
- After Surface restart go to Advance and refresh your surface completely with re-partition (When Surface will ask you about recovery key just skip that step)

Good luck!

13th February 2014, 02:49 PM |#504  

More
my jailbreak does not work.What did I do wrong?
13th February 2014, 06:48 PM |#505  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
Your question provides no useful information at all and hence will be ignored.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 07:42 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1530

my jailbreak does not work.What did I do wrong?

With the low effort into the question I shall put a low effort into my answer and quote myself from a question on a robotics forum
Doesnt matter that the question I responded too has nothing to do with jailbreaking, the principle is the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me

My first car was a 1999 skoda felicia. Old, not particular flashy but had a certain charm about it. One day I went to drive it and it wouldn't start. Now from what I've just said there is no way you would know what is wrong with that car. It could have a flat battery, run out of fuel, fuel line severed even, maybe the distributor cap was loose or the timing belt had some slack in it. Anything. There would be no way for you to know what was causing the engine to not start with the information I provided. The same applies to you here.

Wiring diagrams and code are required. We don't know what you have done nor what "it dont work" is meant to mean.

Oh, for the skoda, the actual switch that detects the key being rotated in the ignition barrel had worn out.

In your case I suspect timer conflict or incorrect wiring.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SixSixSevenSeven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SixSixSevenSeven Ad-Free
18th February 2014, 04:29 PM |#507  

More
solved *_* tytytytytty *_*
19th February 2014, 02:20 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I hate people who ask a question and then reply "nevermind I figured it out" without telling us HOW they figured out.
The Following User Says Thank You to LolitaPlus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LolitaPlus Ad-Free
22nd February 2014, 06:34 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hello noob here want to learn about hacking windows and the benefits of it. Anyway to watch a video or a tutorial to explain or anything lol I'm big on hacking on Android, Linux Windows 7 and XP, Mac and iOS so I some what know am I'm doing thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hacktheplant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hacktheplant Ad-Free
24th February 2014, 12:29 PM |#510  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
No videos that I am aware of, really. The basics are really simple, though:

Windows RT is just like normal Windows, except that
A) It's compiled for ARM, not x86 or x64.
B) It has kernel-mode validation which prevents launching programs or loading libraries unless either the binary has a Microsoft signature, or the program runs in a sandbox.
C) All devices which come with RT have mandatory Secure Boot, which prevents us from messing with the bootloader very much (for example, enabling kernel debug) or running any other OS on the devices.

The first is not really a problem; it just means that most existing Windows programs can't work unless re-compiled. .NET programs work un-modified. Java/Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP/whatever programs work as long as we have a working runtime for them. There's also a dynamic recompilation layer that somebody wrote, but it's very slow and not fully compatible.

The second is the biggest issue for most of us. The signature checks can be disabled via a finding a single kernel-mode memory write (this is how the jailbreak for 8.0 works) but without the ability to load our own drivers, or even to easily run third-party code as Admin, it's hard. 8.1 includes a bunch of extra checks to make it even *harder* (because really, that's what this OS needed... *more* customer-unfriendly lockdown!)

The third is an interesting problem in its own right, although most of us are fine running Windows (if we wanted Android, there are lots of options...) and just want a way to get past the signature checks. That would be relatively easy if not for Secure Boot preventing us from modifying the kernel itself, though...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
28th February 2014, 11:21 AM |#511  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi. Thanks for making this jailbreak available for 8.0. Is there any chance to have something for 8.1? I use my Surface tablet a lot when I work remotely and would like to use some programs that work under x86 windows platform.
RT really lacks good software.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmitryy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dmitryy Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hack, jailbreak, windows, windows rt, winrt
Previous Thread Next Thread