FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KK 4.4.2][ROM]Mackay OMNI ROM (27-Feb-2014)

5,294 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,105

By kasper_h, Recognized Developer on 15th December 2013, 10:27 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
18th June 2014, 11:09 AM |#1091  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulicu.andrei

when we will receive new updates to this rom?

Although this rom is quite good, it's been dead for a very long time.

Here's the developer announcement about ceasing development

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1043

I would suggest Omni
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2488037
It's almost identical, and you get nightlies with OpenDelta.
Plus, coming from Mackay Omni, you don't have to full wipe, just wipe system+dalvik+cache, install, and then re-install gapps. It worked for me
The Following User Says Thank You to Ommadawn101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ommadawn101 Ad-Free
18th June 2014, 11:37 AM |#1092  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulicu.andrei

when we will receive new updates to this rom?

Regarding what our developer has written, it is unlikely there will be any updates. There is no need for updates, the ROM is stable and no bugs seem to be there.

tetakpatalked from P5110
18th June 2014, 12:30 PM |#1093  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

Regarding what our developer has written, it is unlikely there will be any updates. There is no need for updates, the ROM is stable and no bugs seem to be there.

tetakpatalked from P5110

Should I remind you that 4.4.3 is out? Why not update this rom as well?
18th June 2014, 05:51 PM |#1094  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I actually stopped working on omni quite some time ago, because I don't really like it. I don't even have the source code anymore on my build pc. So there will be no updates of this ROM.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 11:05 AM |#1095  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
@kasper_h ..how bout changing base? I see no one has tried slim base.u might want to know that slimkat 5.8 (4.4.3) is d snappiest kk ROM I've tried lately when paired w/ McKay kernel 690.it has some bugs,ROM side.
I believe u can make it an awesome ROM..with fine-tuning and some added features.
It also looks like mnazim has abandoned the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 11:16 AM |#1096  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommadawn101

I am speechless
What you are saying in fact, is that for more than a year you have been investing your precious time, voluntarily, on something you didn't even like?!?
I am spechless

Oh man, I am speechless about your simple thinking. Omni was a new project and I liked its philosophy. I have been working on Omni with great pleasure. But over time, I started to see things happening over at Omni that were against there philosophy (at least from my perspective). Then I decided to put all my efforts on my CM-based ROM, also using the things developed for my omni-based ROM to further improve my CM-based ROM.

But thanks for worrying about my mental health

Quote:
Originally Posted by omreJ

@kasper_h ..how bout changing base? I see no one has tried slim base.u might want to know that slimkat 5.8 (4.4.3) is d snappiest kk ROM I've tried lately when paired w/ McKay kernel 690.it has some bugs,ROM side.
I believe u can make it an awesome ROM..with fine-tuning and some added features.
It also looks like mnazim has abandoned the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

As mentioned above, I currently work on a CM-based ROM. But if everyone prefers a Slim-based build, I could consider moving over to Slim. But that's a discussion for the other thread, not for here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 03:52 PM |#1097  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h

I actually stopped working on omni quite some time ago, because I don't really like it. I don't even have the source code anymore on my build pc. So there will be no updates of this ROM.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

"i dont really like it???" oooooh god! so far is the best rom for galaxy S! i have tried many rom but this is excellent! Perhaps you do not realize what you've done! it's fantastic rom! I just think that you are very eclectic guy and you wanted to change! it's the only one logical explanation!!
20th June 2014, 04:45 PM |#1098  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaclive

"i dont really like it???" oooooh god! so far is the best rom for galaxy S! i have tried many rom but this is excellent! Perhaps you do not realize what you've done! it's fantastic rom! I just think that you are very eclectic guy and you wanted to change! it's the only one logical explanation!!

Just to be clear, it is not about the ROM as such. Omni may be a very nice ROM in daily use. But I didn't like how things were going (and are still going) with Omni in the background with the Omni team.
The Following User Says Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 07:56 PM |#1099  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I will close this thread. ROM has ended it's life an abusive language is not appreciated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread