SD card notification won't go away

Search This thread

BiigDragon

Aug 15, 2011
Orlando
Does anybody have an sd card notification that keeps coming back. When I click it it opens up file explorer. I can dismiss it and it comes back.

Attachments

• 1456860414282.jpg
    1456860414282.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,378

mklass

Apr 3, 2010
I think any questions may be kind of hard to answer at the moment due to the device not actually being released until the 8th

BigSK225

Jul 6, 2009
Allentown, PA
It kept on giving me the notification with a brand new 128gb PNY until it finally just didn't recognize it at all. I put in my old 32gb SanDisk and now it only shows on reboot.

milesk182

Aug 2, 2011
Multiple bugs for sure. Mine does the same thing constantly and I have a 64gb Samsung card in mine. Also the stupid UAC which promtps you to allow or deny to use every app you install and also the fact that OTG cables don't work with gamepads either. I feel like I downgraded from my note 5.

BigSK225

Jul 6, 2009
Allentown, PA
I just called T-Mobile and tech support said they're getting a lot of calls about the sd slot being bad. Mine unmounts and ejects the sd every 20 minutes or so now. They're sending me a new one.

xgman

Sep 17, 2013
S7 Edge Verizon. No matter how many time you swipe the notice closed or turn off notifications from the system ui it KEEPS COMING BACK!!! I hate this phone because of that already. It's driving me nuts! Guess I'll call Samsung tech support I really don't want to have to resort to root and xposed to get rid of this.

Ducrider1199

Mar 13, 2016
Does anybody have an sd card notification that keeps coming back. When I click it it opens up file explorer. I can dismiss it and it comes back.

Hey guys, just wanted to post a solution to the problem. All of you with this phone, that use an external SD card, are getting an annoying notification that says, "SD card For transferring photos and media," and it doesnt seem to go away. If this message appears over and over again in your status bar, the only known way to get rid of it was to previously just keep "clearing" it out or remove the SD card completely.

If you are receiving a notification "SD card For transferring photos and media" on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you cannot get the notification to go away, please try to do the following:

1. BACKUP your sd card - plug your phone into your computer and copy off the contents of the SD card
2. On the phone, navigate to: Settings >> Memory >> SD Card
3. In the submenu, choose FORMAT

All of the data on the memory card will be formatted to the correct file system and the memory card will be reconnected to the phone for proper use. The message, "SD card For transferring photos and media" should no longer appear.

Hopefully this helped you out! Thanks!

Reactions: ashishpmb

jackott

Mar 14, 2016
Hey guys, just wanted to post a solution to the problem. All of you with this phone, that use an external SD card, are getting an annoying notification that says, "SD card For transferring photos and media," and it doesnt seem to go away. If this message appears over and over again in your status bar, the only known way to get rid of it was to previously just keep "clearing" it out or remove the SD card completely.

If you are receiving a notification "SD card For transferring photos and media" on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you cannot get the notification to go away, please try to do the following:

1. BACKUP your sd card - plug your phone into your computer and copy off the contents of the SD card

All of the data on the memory card will be formatted to the correct file system and the memory card will be reconnected to the phone for proper use. The message, "SD card For transferring photos and media" should no longer appear.

I done this, but the sd card notification still pops up.

Reactions: DJDannyV

Lomallin

Jan 3, 2010
Same issue. I used scotch tape and put 3 pieces on top of the SD card. Now the issue happens 1/day instead of 1/hour. 5 pieces of tape and it is too thick to close, or it gets caught inside the phone. I'm trying to figure out if this is a physical or software issue. The last time it failed yesterday I had dropped it (6 to 8 inches) to a carpeted floor, so I'm not sure if it was coincidence or truly a physical issue. Verizon store guy changed my SIM card, but that doesn't seem to have much of an effect (love the placebo attempt). The SD card worked fine in my S5.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I done this, but the sd card notification still pops up.
    Has anyone tried this? I've not got my S7 Edge to hand to check.

I'd be concerned a SD card notification I do want to know about (like an error) I'd not be told about.

Thanks
    I believe when I tried that it indicated I would be silencing all android system notifications and so i didn't go through with it