[UPDATED-06-APR-2011] New XAP installer, in-place app update, no dev tool and more...

Search This thread

Marswind

May 27, 2009
Hello ! When i pressing Instal it just says
Deployment started WP7 Root Tools
Connecting to device...

Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR:
Class not registered

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
I can only help, if you provide more information

- Phone Dev Tools installed?
- If not:
- CoreCon2Installer used?
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed?
- Which operating system?
- 32/64 bit?

Sounds like something in the setup went wrong.

-k

Marswind

May 27, 2009
- CoreCon2Installer used - yes
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed - yes
- Which operating system? Win7
- 32/64 bit? 32 bit

now i stopped at
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Last edited:

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Can anybody with the 0x89xxxxx errors please try to install the file "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" [1] attached to the main post?

If that fixes those errors, I'll including the missing pieces in the CoreConInstall2 file.
I can confirm that this solves the issue. Target: fresh installation of Windows Vista (32bit) plus original Windows Phone Emulator (sde_xde-enu.msi) plus CoreConInstall2.exe plus vs_sdeprolightup-enu gives an (almost) working XAPDeployX.

There is a little minor issue in how the emulator is invoked:
Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images\WM701C.en-US.bin'
Of course, it can be easily fixed by placing a file of such name in the given path.

Would you be so kind and open the source of your tool? Actually i am only interested in the COM interfaces that you have had to implement in order to get rid of Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity.dll

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images\WM701C.en-US.bin'
Oh, I was just to lazy to do any fixes for the emulator. Primary target was device deployment. To fix that one you have to modifiy %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\addons\ImageConfig.en-US.xsl. Search for WM701C.en-US.bin in there, and replace it with the correct path.

No problem to give you the source. I have written the smallest possible abstraction around the CoreConServer Interface using the primary interop provided by Microsoft. I will provide this part of the source asap. The code is obfuscated as there is a lot more included than currently visible from the front-end.
You need to add a reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.10.0.dll and embed interop types (that's why my tool uses .net 4 :rolleyes:)

-k

Attachments

• WPConnect.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:
Reactions: ma7ija and bleh815

ma7ija

Oct 22, 2008
Can anybody with the 0x89xxxxx errors please try to install the file "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" [1] attached to the main post?

If that fixes those errors, I'll including the missing pieces in the CoreConInstall2 file.

[1] Extract the file to a local folder and run the *.msi.

NEW Version 0.9 is online, see first post.

Thanks!

-k

Yes! It's working! :))

win 7, 32 bit,
Developer tools uninstalled,
vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed,

Thank you very much! :)

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
FastGSM

I have a Samsung Focus, FastGSM unlocked, a Windows XP PC, no Developers Tools installed (and don't want to install them, they give me problems on this XP machine). Have the .9 version of your tool installed. When I try to lauch XapDeploy I get the following:

Error: Unable to start. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: Phone is connected and Zune is running, connected to the phone. CoreCon installed, vs file installed.

Last edited:

phsa

Feb 25, 2011
- Phone Dev Tools -> no

- CoreCon2Installer -> yes
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed? -> yes
- Which operating system? -> win 7
- 32/64 bit? -> 64 bit

- HTC HD2 unlocked

Deployment started Funcard
Connecting to device...

0x89731812

with phone dev tool installed everything works fine.

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
@JamesAllen: You might ask the guy from post #36 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12635636&postcount=36). I did try the tool with WindowsXP but didn't get it working. The guy from that posts somehow did.

@phsa: No idea if there is something special about the HD2. The vs_sdeprokughtup-enu.zip actually is the phone dev tools (or, to get it correct, it is the part of the dev tools which allows the connection to the phone).
It is important to install 1.) CoreCon2 and 2.) vs-sde.... otherwise some interfaces might get changed.

-k

Reactions: JamesAllen

bkaul

Dec 9, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Hmm ... getting this error when trying to deploy an xap to my Focus:
Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC.
- Phone Dev Tools -> no
- Which operating system? -> Windows 7
- 32/64 bit? -> 64 bit

Zune is open and finished syncing; phone is on and unlocked. Not sure what else to check?

kuerbis2

Dec 28, 2009
Don't think I can help here. Actually I don't even suffer from this problem as I've just successfully uploaded a 85MB xap to my Nodo Samsung Omnia 7.

If you look at the last Developer Tools Fix from Microsoft, which extended the XAP size from 65MB to 225MB you'll see that they've patched TcpConnectionC.dll on the pc. Someone with read/write access to their HTC should try to replace the on-device files with the corresponding local files found in %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Common Files\microsoft shared\CoreCon\1.0\Target\wce400. Don't know if that might work.

regards,
-k

Reactions: bubbl3

bubbl3

Jul 24, 2010
Dublin
Don't think I can help here. Actually I don't even suffer from this problem as I've just successfully uploaded a 85MB xap to my Nodo Samsung Omnia 7.

If you look at the last Developer Tools Fix from Microsoft, which extended the XAP size from 65MB to 225MB you'll see that they've patched TcpConnectionC.dll on the pc. Someone with read/write access to their HTC should try to replace the on-device files with the corresponding local files found in %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Common Files\microsoft shared\CoreCon\1.0\Target\wce400. Don't know if that might work.

regards,
-k

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll try it out when i get some spare time :)

Emrulez

Dec 5, 2008
Amsterdam
www.gamerz-nation.nl
- Phone Dev Tools -> no

- Which operating system? -> win 7
- 32/64 bit? -> 64 bit

- HTC HD2 unlocked

Deployment started Funcard
Connecting to device...

0x89731812

with phone dev tool installed everything works fine.

I have the excact same problem with my unlocked HD2. Any news on this problem?

lay_forat

May 20, 2010
Hmm ... getting this error when trying to deploy an xap to my Focus:

- Phone Dev Tools -> no
- Which operating system? -> Windows 7
- 32/64 bit? -> 64 bit

Zune is open and finished syncing; phone is on and unlocked. Not sure what else to check?

same problem here :confused:

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
Any help here?

Deployment started .......(name of the app.xap)
Connecting to device... success
Application PES2011 not yet installed. Full-install cycle.

The device is not connected.

:confused::confused:

bubbl3

Jul 24, 2010
Dublin

regards,
-k

The files you mention are in C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\Target\wce400\ for me.
There is an x86 folder and an armv4i with 2 different TcpConnectionA3.dll, problems are:

- i think the one allowing more than 85MB is the x86 compiled one unusable on the phone

- i can't find the corrisponding file on the phone

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please download XAPDeployX-V0.9.zip, it is the latest and greatest version

If you have any of the 0x89xxxx errors, please download the attached "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" file and run it.

Hi,

attached you'll find a new XAP installer which has quite a few unique selling points.

- In-place update on the phone: In-place update on the phone, e.g. if you already have Version 1.0.0.0 of an app installed on the phone and install 1.0.2.0 an in-place update will performed. No more full "uninstall-new install" cycle required. Your settings, custom files etc. won't be removed (same as marketplace update)

- CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment!

- Deploy from file or URL: You can either specify a file or an URL. If you enter an URL the installer will automatically download the xap.

- Own protocol "wphome": Zune's one-click download for homebrew apps. Automatically install homebrew XAPs with a click on a hyperlink. If you want, you can register the application for the wphome protocol. The application will then be allowed to handle urls like wphome:www.test.com/test.xap and will automatically start as soon as you click on such a link.

img1ln.png

To be able to use "wphome" hyperlinks, you have to click on "Register protocol..." once.

wphome Testlink: wphome:http://www.nextbestgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/helloworld.xap (for testing after you've installed the tool and registered it for the protocol)

img2a.png

After you've opened a XAP file, details will be shown in the top bar.

This is the first step in my plan to provide a homebrew marketplace.

Updated V0.6 - 1-APR-2011

+ Full Log
    + Multiple tweaks, bugfixes

img3f.png

Updated V0.7 - 2-APR-2011

+ CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment! [*]
    + Drag'n'Drop support. Just drag and drop any xap from explorer to the tool.

[*] You need a working CoreCon2 installation. If CoreCon2 is not installed on your pc (normally only installed with the Phone Dev Tool) the tool will detect it and download a small installer.

Updated V0.8 - 2-APR-2011

+ Fixed "No addional data: Could not extract XAP file" Bug
    + XAP-Information is show much faster now
    + CoreCon2 Installer now online. You won't need the full Phone Dev Tools for this XAP Deployer

img4t.png

Updated V0.9 - 6-APR-2011

+ Selected Target will now be automatically saved
    + Deploy-Menu for XAP files. Registers a file handler for *.xap and provides a "Deploy" menu entry in file's context menu.

img5.png

General Prerequisits
    - Phone has to be unlocked (either dev, chevron or any other method)
    - Zune has to be running and has to be connected to the phone
    - Windows Vista or Windows 7, according to users: Windows XP

Regards,
    -k
    Oh, I was just to lazy to do any fixes for the emulator. Primary target was device deployment. To fix that one you have to modifiy %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\addons\ImageConfig.en-US.xsl. Search for WM701C.en-US.bin in there, and replace it with the correct path.

No problem to give you the source. I have written the smallest possible abstraction around the CoreConServer Interface using the primary interop provided by Microsoft. I will provide this part of the source asap. The code is obfuscated as there is a lot more included than currently visible from the front-end.
    You need to add a reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.10.0.dll and embed interop types (that's why my tool uses .net 4 :rolleyes:)

-k
    @JamesAllen: You might ask the guy from post #36 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12635636&postcount=36). I did try the tool with WindowsXP but didn't get it working. The guy from that posts somehow did.

@phsa: No idea if there is something special about the HD2. The vs_sdeprokughtup-enu.zip actually is the phone dev tools (or, to get it correct, it is the part of the dev tools which allows the connection to the phone).
    It is important to install 1.) CoreCon2 and 2.) vs-sde.... otherwise some interfaces might get changed.

-k

regards,
    -k
    wAppStore 0.9.7. install, store, search XAP (7.0-7.5)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1245206

Please "heroic testers" reveal me results and experience with the application here or to wincotv@gmail.com to improve our applications.
    Thanks.