[Q] Micro Arc Oxidation failure?

Search This thread

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Odd.. but do you think there is a big difference between SH and HT? I think drops will always give you scratches even if you have an earlier or a later batch.. have you sent in your phone yet? Do they fixed it?

(sorry for my english)

Sent from my HTC One S4 using xda-developers app

Haven't sent it in yet, haven't found time yet unfortunately.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

neoantho

Aug 14, 2006
Paris
French After Sales replacement OK

Hi guys,

I just had a nice surprise with HTC's French aftersales service (Cordon Electronics).

I bought a black One S from the first batch in April and had some chipping issues since the second week of careful use.

I just sent it back last week concerning the chipping issue and got it back 4 days later with a brand new black shell and it looks like all the edges (especially at the top of the phone and around the USB port) are less sharp than they were.

I don't know if the issue has been tackled but but they made some changes on the shells.

yz250il

May 14, 2012
Since in Israel the official dealer from HTC wont repair my chopping off One S (with in the warranty) and I have the skills I'm forced to buy the housing online and assemble it.

My question is, How can I make sure that the housing I'm buying is the new one with no sharp edges?

hunabku

Jun 12, 2012
Probably you can't. Only if the retailer has pics online. You could just order it and then send it back if it isn't the right one

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

lonegunman0

Jun 26, 2012
Micro oxidation fix?

Hi
Is there a fix to this micro oxidation failure that I can do myself? I know mine doesn't look that bad but I just got this replacement handset two days ago from HTC :(

sefirot43

Apr 13, 2013
MAO Scratches

Is it possible to peel/remove off this finish and leave the phone on the aluminium base? Does anybody tried successfully any procedure?

Thank you!

tehtomi

Apr 8, 2013
Vienna
www.tomizil.com
i've been using mine without a cover for 2 months now and have dropped it a few times
mine does not show this chipping failure on the overall surfaces, only where you plug in the charger, it has a few marks, but thats normal.

try not wearing it in your pockets together with your keys? idk...

sefirot43

Apr 13, 2013
i've been using mine without a cover for 2 months now and have dropped it a few times
mine does not show this chipping failure on the overall surfaces, only where you plug in the charger, it has a few marks, but thats normal.

try not wearing it in your pockets together with your keys? idk...

HTC should've thought that we live in a real world and the phone cannot be kept in a special protective environment to keep it without scratches.

tehtomi

Apr 8, 2013
Vienna
www.tomizil.com
true, just wanted to say the process can be different from phone to phone.
some have bad chipping some don't. i'm sure newer models have less and profited from some change
in their production process.

wmk16

Jun 17, 2010
htc email

Hi
tomorrow i'll send my htc third time - and I asked for phone replacement -- they send me email back- what You think about this ?

''HTC UK

My name is Nicholas and I am a technical support adviser with HTC. I have looked at your repair history and I saw that you had it in last time in September 2012. Our policy is that there is a 90 day window for faults to reappear before we can look at giving out a replacement device. It was I'm afraid too long ago that your phone was in for repair last to warrant a replacement. It is now booked in for repair again.
Regards Nick

Sincerely,

Nicholas

HTC''

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anybody has got the problem with the ceramic surface which is shown in the following pictures??

Looks like a major problem with the production technology :-(
    You have to be really dumb to release phones like this. This is not the first time HTC has done this. QA obviously sucks at HTC

As a potential HTC One S owner I'll just inject a few words into this thread.

Most of the people complaining and spouting their opinions on QA have no frigging clue about metallurgy or SCM.

I have consulted for companies that design & sell 100k-1M units. There are so many steps in the process until that phone gets to your hands (at a very low price, considering the complexity!), that the mind would boggle - and sometimes it's amazing that anything works at all, ever.

As for the coating process, I doubt that HTC mills the metal or has plasma baths in their offices. All this stuff is outsourced. And in China its hard to ensure that you get what you pay for (or specify) - Ive seen this happen with PCB laminates, components where the BOM says one thing, and a middleman will just ignore it and pocket the difference.

Maybe the base metal was a 3003 alloy instead of a 6100, maybe it was not degreased well enough, maybe some employees handled the edges, perhaps the plasma bath was too cold, or things not given enough time to warm up due to the units/hour presure from the line manager. Moreover, unless you destructively test the devices it's very hard to spot such failures unless you decided that's what you're going to look for.

Of course I would be disappointed when my One S has a chipping issue, but it seems like HTC is being responsible and has quickly acknowledged the issue, without telling the customers "you're holding it wrong"

FWIW I own a HTC Desire, a Nokia N79, SE K750 and lots of old Nokias.
    surface flaw, no scratch

Have been at a surveyor. He told me this are doubtless no scratches. And indeed I did not drop my phone. On the pictures they took you can clearly see that there are no scratches aroud the affected area, which should be there if I dropped the phone.. What I think is the my reseller will tell me I am stupid if I show those very little flaws to him :eek:
    Let's hope for HTC
    6tjn9j.jpg
    2bb891.jpg
    Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned some posts from the last few pages. Some of the comments are not acceptable. Further trolling will result in a infraction/ban. Do not engage trolls, just report them and let the moderation team sort the problem. In short, dont feed the trolls!​
    ^^Good post psch0t1c^^

I'm not sure about sending it back to HTC in case they do try and say I have damaged it which I KNOW I haven't. I'm inclined to wait a few more days and see if the problem becomes more widespread and HTC become more aware of the problem.

I think we should ether do a new thread or add a poll to the OP so we can gauge how many people are affected thus far.