Sprint S4 and Towelroot - Discussion

Search This thread

nathanf1995

Jan 7, 2015
sprint galaxy s4

I downloaded the newest version of towelroot. I tried all of the modstrings. And it still says that my phone isnt supported. I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy s4 SPH-L720T 4.4.2 and i dont know if im doing something wrong or what. Please help.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Towelroot does not work with the latest firmware version. Yous have to go back to NC6 or earlier to use it on your phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

nathanf1995

Jan 7, 2015
So i would be better off using cf autoroot and odin v3? Or is there a way to downgrade without rooting lol

nathanf1995

Jan 7, 2015
Heres a picture lol the kernel says something about July 24th 2014. Im guessing thats the last time its been updated?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-07-16-12-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-07-16-12-12.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 363

Tdono

Jan 23, 2015
noob here

this will be the first phone I have rooted /jailbroken, anything for years....yes years. Been away for a while now (deployment/"vacation" -the kind you can't say no to going on- etc.)

I'm reading all over the place trying to self educate myself but have no idea what I'm reading lol. So insane how fast technology changes and so on. Anyways I have a Sprint S4 and was hoping to root it to be able to use free hotspot with my unlimited plan and interested in Cyanogen. Also wondering what the next phone I should get on sprint should be. Forced to stay with them for a while...had a roommate decide to leave me hanging with months left on the contract so ...anyways giving that line to my mother and going to upgrade and either give her the s$ or buy her a cheaper smartphone (*will be her first) and Best option I'm seeing they have right now is Nexus 6 ? are they going to have any new nexus devices I tried asking them (sprint) like talking to a 4 month old ...thanks for any help/advise/suggestions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works fine on NAE. Download latest towelroot (v3), click the title 3 times, enter "1337 0 1 7380 4 0". Click "Make it rain".

Enjoy root. No KNOX tripped.
    I did read, I know the exploit works, I didn't ask if the exploit works, I asked if there was a way to leverage the exploit into a hotspot without using a recovery that might trip knox. In the future, if you feel you must use such a condescending tone to talk to me, I would prefer it if you just ignored me. Your answer was not helpful, and I feel dumber for having read it.
    Either way I just told you that it is possible to have hacked hotspot with just root access and no custom recovery. I did it to my neighbors phone. You can push the files yourself or use a hotpot app that is not on the play store and configure it.

edit: and to make it easier for you, here is the app that I used on my neighbors phone. http://dl.globalapk.com/2014/06/WiFi Tether Router v6.0.apk
    Because it doesn't work otherwise. It's a modstring to modify the exploit parameters for our specific device.
    Works fine on NAE. Download latest towelroot (v3), click the title 3 times, enter "1337 0 1 7380 4 0". Click "Make it rain".

Enjoy root. No KNOX tripped.

Aw man...I was just about to post this and you beat me to it.... but yes folks the above offset will make towelroot work on 4.4
    And so the torch is passed on to another. ..