Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Lysergic Acid

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2014
Ponta Grossa
FxrMKlt.png
Official nightlies started and there's a thread for it, check it out: Link
I'll no longer update this project, my focus is now at CyanogenMod 13 (CM13 thread link)​
Samsung Galaxy SII
CyanogenMod 12.1​
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on unofficial builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */
IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
- Root is now disabled by default on CM12.1. To enable it go to Settings>Developer Options>Root access and set to Apps only or Apps and ADB.
- Enable #disable-media-source at chrome://flags to fix some video playback issues with chrome

Installation Instructions

- Coming from 5.0 or less ROMS
  • Download cm-12.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip to your sdcard
  • Make sure you're using a Kitkat Compatible Recovery
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Wipe all your data
  • Flash cm-12-.1XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip from sdcard
  • (Optional)Flash Google Apps.zip from sdcard
  • Reboot
- Coming from previous CM 12.1 build
  • Wipe caches
  • Flash cm-12.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip from sdcard
  • Flash GApps again if you're using PA version
  • Reboot

Downloads
ROM: 06/17 Build
GAPPS: CM GApps

Changelog
- Updated CM sources
- Added fimc usage to the hwc again
- Fixed seeking on video playback

Older Downloads

Video Reviews

Made by @Troubadour666

Made by @paramdinkar

Made by @omkarsathe92

Special Thanks to:
@bauner
@Vivek_Neel
@rogersb11
LollipopS2 Team

If you like my work, consider making a small donation ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1 Unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
Lysergic Acid
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat Compatible Recovery
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-11-28
Last Updated 2015-10-12

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-02-03-20-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-02-03-20-02.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 134,410
  • Screenshot_2015-04-02-03-29-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-02-03-29-41.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 136,552
  • Screenshot_2015-04-02-03-31-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-02-03-31-19.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 134,539
  • Screenshot_2015-04-02-04-06-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-02-04-06-24.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 121,443
Last edited by a moderator:

Lysergic Acid

Nov 14, 2014
Ponta Grossa
[size=+2]
F.A.Q[/size]​

[size=+1]Q. Can i install CM12 over CM11 without wiping data?[/size]
A. This is not recommended, you have to wipe everything to upgrade from CM11 to CM12

[size=+1]Q. What recovery does this ROM support?[/size]
A. You can use Kitkat Compatible CWM recovery to flash it (6.0.4.5+). Also, we'll integrate CWM 6.0.5.1 in future builds as a permanent solution.

[size=+1]Q. Which GAPPS package should i install?[/size]
A. You can install "NANO GAPPS" if you haven't re-partitioned your system OR you have stock System Partition size.

[size=+1]Q. How much System Partition size is needed to flash this ROM?[/size]
A. you can flash this ROM on your stock system partition but it is recommended to have 1GB System Partition as ART runtime requires more space. also, it's advisable to have more space on system partition if you would like to install standard GAPPS package.

[size=+1]Q. How can I increase System Partition space?[/size]
A. You will need to flash PIT file in ODIN or heimdal to re-partition the System space, it is recommended to have 1GB System Partition as ART runtime requires more space. for more details about PIT files & re-partitioning click here : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/mod-partition-internal-memory-app-t2538947 and here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/mod-increase-partition-size-t3011162
another PIT files are here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50750761&postcount=509

[size=+1]Q. I didn't like the ROM or I want go back to stock ROM or this ROM didn't worked & want to revert back, how can I?[/size]
A. Yes, you can revert back to Stock ROM or any other ROM, you can wipe everything & flash the ROM of your choice whether it's stock or AOSP based ROM. Please follow this steps to revert back to your ROM (these steps are for total noob users)
1 - Go to recovery mode
2 - Make sure that your recovery is compatible with Kitkat if you are flashing a ROM based on Kitkat. If not then flash a Kitkat compatible recovery (as mentioned above).
3 - Flash your ROM.

[size=+1]Q. Can I flash another kernel after flasing this ROM?[/size]
A. Yes, of course you can flash kernel of your choice, just reboot to recovery & flash the zip.

[size=+1]Q. I guess I have soft bricked the device, what should i do now?[/size]
A. Follow the guide here : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/guide-fix-unflashable-soft-bricked-gsii-t1457458

[size=+1]Q. Can I apply another theme on this ROM?[/size]
A.Yes, you can search for CM12 themes on xda or on the Play Store, install it and apply the theme from the Themes section on Settings.

Thanks to @c0d3r!pp3r for the FAQ ;)

Last edited:

Lysergic Acid

Nov 14, 2014
Ponta Grossa
[SIZE=+1]Unofficial Kernel Builds[/SIZE]​

[size=+1]Gustavo's Kernel:[/size]
You can find all the info about this kernel in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...nel-kernel-aosp-roms-stweaks-synapse-t2222843

[size=+1]Downloads[/size]
CWM 22/06 build: Link
Kernel Source: GitHub

[size=+1]Dorimanx Kernel:[/size]
You can find all the info about this kernel in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...rnel-3-12-rc6-dorimanx-8-43-jb-i9100-t1617219

26/06 build: Link

Last edited:

Yakap

Nov 4, 2012
Can i apply another theme on this rom? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: NTTNE_O_L

nomrae

May 11, 2013
Manila
Good job. I want to test it but I need to know first what the recovery required to flash it, the gapps. I'll wait til u update the OP for more information. Thanks for bringing lollipop for our S2. Your hard work deserves to be rewarded. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

Lysergic Acid

Nov 14, 2014
Ponta Grossa
Can i apply another theme on this rom? Thanks
I'm pretty sure that CM don't have a theme engine on 5.0, also, you don't want to apply a theme on a unstable rom.

Good job. I want to test it but I need to know first what the recovery required to flash it, the gapps. I'll wait til u update the OP for more information. Thanks for bringing lollipop for our S2. Your hard work deserves to be rewarded. :)
As stated on OP you need a Kitkat Compatible CWM recovery to flash it (6.0.4.5+)
Updated OP with gapps ( I did not test the ROM with gapps )

Last edited:

RedPandaFox

Sep 6, 2012
Have downloaded and installed this rom.

General function is smooth but was unable to install Gapps provided due to no storage space after install (have had this with all stock Gapps from Kit Kat too). We might need a nano build for 5.0 Gapps.

Random reboots from lock screen after graphical glitches. If the screen if left on it will stay on fine with no reboots till the screen turns off. Then reboot.

Dialer and call works works but only on speaker. Apps crashing (browser, keyboard etc).

Will have a play around with some settings and apps and report back.

Edit: After a bit more playing with the build, I installed Google Keyboard and got the keyboard working. WiFi does work, when chrome is installed that does work.
Reboots and graphic glitches have stopped but messaging app does not work, it will crash while trying to send, when I reboot it will send old messages and receive new ones (I think as it sent to myself when I tested).
Will try again with Hangouts when I can get it working but need a Gapps package to work on it first.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

suresh86

Apr 6, 2012
Toronto
In addition, bluetooth, camera does not work, dialler hangs massively, few graphic glitches, browser force closes...

nomrae

May 11, 2013
Manila
guys i have installed it on my s2. i will post some screens later but i need someone to tell me how to install cwm or twrp so i can go back to my previous rom?

Reactions: rodolfo39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FxrMKlt.png
    Official nightlies started and there's a thread for it, check it out: Link
    I'll no longer update this project, my focus is now at CyanogenMod 13 (CM13 thread link)​
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    CyanogenMod 12.1​
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on unofficial builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */
    IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
    - Root is now disabled by default on CM12.1. To enable it go to Settings>Developer Options>Root access and set to Apps only or Apps and ADB.
    - Enable #disable-media-source at chrome://flags to fix some video playback issues with chrome

Installation Instructions

- Coming from 5.0 or less ROMS
    • Download cm-12.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip to your sdcard
    • Make sure you're using a Kitkat Compatible Recovery
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Wipe all your data
    • Flash cm-12-.1XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip from sdcard
    • (Optional)Flash Google Apps.zip from sdcard
    • Reboot
    - Coming from previous CM 12.1 build
    • Wipe caches
    • Flash cm-12.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip from sdcard
    • Flash GApps again if you're using PA version
    • Reboot

Downloads
    ROM: 06/17 Build
    GAPPS: CM GApps

Changelog
    - Updated CM sources
    - Added fimc usage to the hwc again
    - Fixed seeking on video playback

Older Downloads

Video Reviews

Made by @Troubadour666

Made by @paramdinkar

Made by @omkarsathe92

Special Thanks to:
    @bauner
    @Vivek_Neel
    @rogersb11
    LollipopS2 Team

If you like my work, consider making a small donation ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 Unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    Lysergic Acid
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat Compatible Recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-11-28
    Last Updated 2015-10-12
    A word about official CM12...

So, I've contacted some people from CM about the official CM12 for our device, being a maintainer and all this stuff.
    They told me that I need to fix the remaining bugs before doing a bringup commit into their gerrit. At first sight we thought that only camera had to be fixed, but after some conversation they told me that jenkins don't compile SELinux disabled/permissive builds anymore. Putting SELinux in enforcing state breaks the RIL on these builds, so this must be fixed too. Then, they told me that only PIE enabled builds go official. My build has PIE disabled because it breaks the GPS when enabled, so, I gotta fix that too.
    They also told me that Codeworks stopped to work on the i9100 6 months ago and denied to work on CM12 for us, which is pretty acceptable because he was supporting us since old ICS days. So no maintainer for CM12.
    If I fix the mentioned problems (which by far is not easy), then I can submit the bringup for review, and if everything goes well they will gladly accept me as an official maintainer and then I can enable the jenkins nightlies.
    As you can see, there's a long road for it, and will probably not happen so soon, but I'll keep you guys informed about the progress of this.
    Sorry for the long text :p
    Regards
    [size=+2]
    F.A.Q[/size]​

[size=+1]Q. Can i install CM12 over CM11 without wiping data?[/size]
    A. This is not recommended, you have to wipe everything to upgrade from CM11 to CM12

[size=+1]Q. What recovery does this ROM support?[/size]
    A. You can use Kitkat Compatible CWM recovery to flash it (6.0.4.5+). Also, we'll integrate CWM 6.0.5.1 in future builds as a permanent solution.

[size=+1]Q. Which GAPPS package should i install?[/size]
    A. You can install "NANO GAPPS" if you haven't re-partitioned your system OR you have stock System Partition size.

[size=+1]Q. How much System Partition size is needed to flash this ROM?[/size]
    A. you can flash this ROM on your stock system partition but it is recommended to have 1GB System Partition as ART runtime requires more space. also, it's advisable to have more space on system partition if you would like to install standard GAPPS package.

[size=+1]Q. How can I increase System Partition space?[/size]
    A. You will need to flash PIT file in ODIN or heimdal to re-partition the System space, it is recommended to have 1GB System Partition as ART runtime requires more space. for more details about PIT files & re-partitioning click here : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/mod-partition-internal-memory-app-t2538947 and here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/mod-increase-partition-size-t3011162
    another PIT files are here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50750761&postcount=509

[size=+1]Q. I didn't like the ROM or I want go back to stock ROM or this ROM didn't worked & want to revert back, how can I?[/size]
    A. Yes, you can revert back to Stock ROM or any other ROM, you can wipe everything & flash the ROM of your choice whether it's stock or AOSP based ROM. Please follow this steps to revert back to your ROM (these steps are for total noob users)
    1 - Go to recovery mode
    2 - Make sure that your recovery is compatible with Kitkat if you are flashing a ROM based on Kitkat. If not then flash a Kitkat compatible recovery (as mentioned above).
    3 - Flash your ROM.

[size=+1]Q. Can I flash another kernel after flasing this ROM?[/size]
    A. Yes, of course you can flash kernel of your choice, just reboot to recovery & flash the zip.

[size=+1]Q. I guess I have soft bricked the device, what should i do now?[/size]
    A. Follow the guide here : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/guide-fix-unflashable-soft-bricked-gsii-t1457458

[size=+1]Q. Can I apply another theme on this ROM?[/size]
    A.Yes, you can search for CM12 themes on xda or on the Play Store, install it and apply the theme from the Themes section on Settings.

Thanks to @c0d3r!pp3r for the FAQ ;)
    So, we got official

Official CM 12.1 nightly builds are starting tomorrow: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/100189/
    Let the **** hit the fan lol
    Congratulations to all of us.
    [SIZE=+1]Unofficial Kernel Builds[/SIZE]​

[size=+1]Gustavo's Kernel:[/size]
    You can find all the info about this kernel in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...nel-kernel-aosp-roms-stweaks-synapse-t2222843

CWM 22/06 build: Link

[size=+1]Dorimanx Kernel:[/size]
    You can find all the info about this kernel in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...rnel-3-12-rc6-dorimanx-8-43-jb-i9100-t1617219

26/06 build: Link