FORUMS

[Unlock] Bootloader unlock - Updated November 26th 2012

6,331 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,901
 
By jcase, Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 24th November 2012, 08:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2012, 07:09 PM |#101  
Tag798's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Just wanted to say thanks for this, quick and easy as long as you follow the instructions!
26th November 2012, 09:33 PM |#102  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Does anyone know why verizon blocked HTC Dev? The rezound, incredible 2, thunderbolt, etc. are all on there... I think I heard that something similar happened with the rezound but its back on now, does this mean they will eventually allow the DNA to be unlocked normally again?
26th November 2012, 09:51 PM |#103  
jcase's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,901
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMace23

Does anyone know why verizon blocked HTC Dev? The rezound, incredible 2, thunderbolt, etc. are all on there... I think I heard that something similar happened with the rezound but its back on now, does this mean they will eventually allow the DNA to be unlocked normally again?

All recent HTC Verizon and AT&T phones have been excluded, at the carrier request
26th November 2012, 09:58 PM |#104  
Overproof's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plano, TX
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
So I bricked my phone, everything was going fine until after the first reboot. when i ran "adb wait-for-device" I got an error. I tried to move to the next step and runt he exploit again but kept getting an error like multiple ADB servers running and Devices found or some crap.

I rebooted the windows 7 Pc and re-ran the exploit and the last file restore, that went well but then my command line froze on "adb shell mv /data/DxDrm /data/DxDrm_trash"

I ctrl^c after 15 mins of it doing nothing and tried to run the second to last command, it just kept getting stuck. Rebooted my PC again and the same thing kept happening so i tried rebooting my phone and it was dead, no charge light, no screen, nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Overproof For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Overproof Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 10:01 PM |#105  
jcase's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,901
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overproof

So I bricked my phone, everything was going fine until after the first reboot. when i ran "adb wait-for-device" I got an error. I tried to move to the next step and runt he exploit again but kept getting an error like multiple ADB servers running and Devices found or some crap.

I rebooted the windows 7 Pc and re-ran the exploit and the last file restore, that went well but then my command line froze on "adb shell mv /data/DxDrm /data/DxDrm_trash"

I ctrl^c after 15 mins of it doing nothing and tried to run the second to last command, it just kept getting stuck. Rebooted my PC again and the same thing kept happening so i tried rebooting my phone and it was dead, no charge light, no screen, nothing.

That is why we say to contact us if you get stuck, and to NOT reboot as it will cause a brick.
26th November 2012, 10:33 PM |#106  
Senior Member
Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 178
 
More
Just wanted to report that this worked great for me. Now unlocked. Used Windows 8 64 bit, with Android SDK for 64 bit; on usb2 connection. The adb restore backup step took several minutes to complete. Just need to be patient.
26th November 2012, 10:40 PM |#107  
Overproof's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plano, TX
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

That is why we say to contact us if you get stuck, and to NOT reboot as it will cause a brick.

I know, it was soo late at night...I got it replaced so i'm going to try again tonight, I will definitely look for help beforehand.
26th November 2012, 11:13 PM |#108  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 268
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

I wouldnt trust a one click, i automated the PITA part already with the CIDGEN app

I just want to clarify...so it wont get any easier than this? Im just wondering because if there will be an easier, or less risky, way...then i will be waiting for that lol I hope that doesnt sound rude, i appreciate the dev work to the fullest, i just cant afford a bricked device right now (although it does seem like most people are getting through ok)
26th November 2012, 11:22 PM |#109  
jcase's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,901
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2.2v

I just want to clarify...so it wont get any easier than this? Im just wondering because if there will be an easier, or less risky, way...then i will be waiting for that lol I hope that doesnt sound rude, i appreciate the dev work to the fullest, i just cant afford a bricked device right now (although it does seem like most people are getting through ok)

I won't be making it easier until this one is patched.
26th November 2012, 11:58 PM |#110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 268
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

I won't be making it easier until this one is patched.

lol i did it! I just went for it...thanks for everything man. seriously
27th November 2012, 01:55 AM |#111  
Damented's Avatar
Senior Member
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Can anyone help me out, I can't adb to work on Windows 8

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes