[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - p4/wifi/vzw - milestone 6

Search This thread

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
POWER BUTTON ISSUE:

Hi, really great ROM!

I think I have created a problem for myself. Somehow when I hold the power button to get the menu of shut down choices, instead the device goes and reboots.

I did click in the ROM Control to disable boot animation but I did not think that had anything to do with it. I unclicked it and so far, same thing.. boot loop when holding power button.

If i short press the power button, it operates normally by sleeping the screen.

Any ideas?

Turn off the power control settings. That is more for phones.

I did a video review:

Reactions: xpakage

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
Nice work Roman. I'm switching back to Task's rom due to some needed functionality missing, this is not quite a daily driver for me yet but I'll be following this closely and trying each release as it comes. Keep up the good work dude.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA App tweaked to work on the tab by cas_xp

Might be helpful to say what functionality you are referencing if you hope for a fix.

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Might be helpful to say what functionality you are referencing if you hope for a fix.

Not "hoping" for a fix - the main issue is camera, and a few issues with resizing Widgets. Things will sort themselves in time, just that I use my tab in a very particular way. The rom is very smooth, I like what I see.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA App tweaked to work on the tab by cas_xp

smalis

Sep 3, 2010
First, thank you to Roman for this ROM and thank you to all the devs for the other CM9 ICS Kang Preview ROM, they are both super fast and I have tried both of them as my daily driver.

From reading the threads and using both ROMS's it seems that the only meaningful difference between the two is the ROM control feature set on AOKP (other than the availability of a WiFi only version on the "preview" ROM). Is this correct?

Even though my Tab is WiFi only, I have come back to AOKP as my daily driver because of the ROM control features, and I am curious as to whether there are any other significant differences that I have missed, or any reason I should be considering using the "preview" ROM.

Thanks to all!

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
First, thank you to Roman for this ROM and thank you to all the devs for the other CM9 ICS Kang Preview ROM, they are both super fast and I have tried both of them as my daily driver.

From reading the threads and using both ROMS's it seems that the only meaningful difference between the two is the ROM control feature set on AOKP (other than the availability of a WiFi only version on the "preview" ROM). Is this correct?

Even though my Tab is WiFi only, I have come back to AOKP as my daily driver because of the ROM control features, and I am curious as to whether there are any other significant differences that I have missed, or any reason I should be considering using the "preview" ROM.

Thanks to all!

You are correct...Im using Roman's rom for the rom control. In a few weeks, we should see Roms with big differences.

guih

Jan 5, 2011
I want to flash this, but it doesn't include a word processor app like quickoffice (and my backup hadn't worked when I restored it in the other ICS Kang) so I can't :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find milestone-6 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    one for science
    Does it fix camera issue I'm having?

OK, new rule: If anyone asks about the camera from now on, the answer is "Yes, my camera works great. Did you do a full wipe?"; follow up: "really? still doesn't work? Do another full wipe."

Go.
    updated to m3. mostly phone stuff, but some nice things in there for tablets. definitely worth upgrading i think.

I enabled more tablet settings/cleaned up some settings in RC. toggle icons should show, lockscreen works great now, things like that.

now that m3 is out, I'll probably be focusing on bringing the tablets up to where phones are feature-wise
    Here's the latest Build 39. I fixed the bootloop issues and merged all changes up to todays date for you guys.

Build 6.19.2012

Download HERE