Someone convince me to go AOKP/CM/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
I'm running Skynote 8.1 right now and I love it.

Nova launcher and the Perseus kernel, it's great.

I've been eyeing some of the AOKP and CM nightlies lately. What did you notice first/appreciate the most when you switched away from a TW based ROM?

Of course, I've read through all the threads for features and changelogs, but I wanted to get some quick first-hand opinions.

I'm not asking the overly-posted 'which ROM is best??!??!?!??!??!?' question, so don't flame me lol.

Reactions: LuckyColdJohnson

onecrzyasian

Dec 25, 2012
Honestly you should just try it. I did it myself also. Shouldn't keep asking this question as you can Google aosp vs touchwiz. So you might just get flamed. We shouldn't be giving you reasons anyways lol. Man up and back up and try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: R1K05@N
Jan 11, 2013
You won't know until you test it for yourself. I did and I love it ever since. Never going back to stock ROM ever. Loving 4.2.2 with the Bluetooth fixed. :D

lazerus06

Jun 15, 2010
Elizabethtown
If I was on another phone besides the Note 2 I would be using an AOSP Rom.
I bought the Note 2 b/c of its unique features. Mainly the spen and the multi-view app feature. Two things you sort of loose by going AOSP. Sure there are 3rd party stylus apps you can get, but the TW stylus apps are much better.
I tried various 4.2.X Roms and always kept going back to Skynote. I always felt like I was actually missing features when going to 4.2.1 or 4.2.2. Skynote with Nova Launcher gives me everything I want.

Reactions: LuckyColdJohnson

kevinat0r

Mar 22, 2011
Alberta
I bought the Note 2 b/c of its unique features. Mainly the spen and the multi-view app feature. Two things you sort of loose by going AOSP. Sure there are 3rd party stylus apps you can get, but the TW stylus apps are much better.
I tried various 4.2.X Roms and always kept going back to Skynote. I always felt like I was actually missing features when going to 4.2.1 or 4.2.2. Skynote with Nova Launcher gives me everything I want.

I fully agree. Specifically the multi-view. If multiview was working on AOSP i'd make the switch!

thephoneguyusa

Sep 24, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
Worth checking out AOKP 4.2.2! I have never had the urge to jump ship on stock however I wanted to see what the latest AOKP was all about and it is awesome! I always keep an updated nandroid of stock as well if I miss my SPen too much

sent from my Note 2

ludester

Nov 22, 2007
Toronto
Is the Spen functional with AOKP/AOSP/CM roms ?

I am on the fence as well, I was always on AOKP (Rootbox) with my old i9100. It was great!

PapaWangsta

Mar 6, 2011
The only thing kept me switching to aosp/aokp

1. won't support 64gb card
2. Multi window!

Last edited:

thephoneguyusa

Sep 24, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
I for the longest time stayed stock. Samsung hit the nail on the head with the note 2 haha I tried AOKP and remembered what it was like to have my galaxy nexus again Lol I keep an updated stock nandroid for back up but my day to day driver is aokp.. Worth checking out if you haven't yet

sent from my Note 2

PapaWangsta

Mar 6, 2011
Touchwiz fast vs aosp fast are two different things.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, I have to agree on that one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't see the point...

I love AOSP/AOKP rom but I honestly don't see the point with NOTE devices; you might as well stick with the s3.

there's no s-pen, no multi-window, (no low-light, slow motion / fast motion video recording on s3)... biggest issue is the standard support for 64gb exfat. What does the AOSP/AOKP have more? "cleaner rom"? and more specs overclocking? kinda pointless imo.
    I'm running Skynote 8.1 right now and I love it.

Nova launcher and the Perseus kernel, it's great.

I've been eyeing some of the AOKP and CM nightlies lately. What did you notice first/appreciate the most when you switched away from a TW based ROM?

Of course, I've read through all the threads for features and changelogs, but I wanted to get some quick first-hand opinions.

I'm not asking the overly-posted 'which ROM is best??!??!?!??!??!?' question, so don't flame me lol.
    Honestly you should just try it. I did it myself also. Shouldn't keep asking this question as you can Google aosp vs touchwiz. So you might just get flamed. We shouldn't be giving you reasons anyways lol. Man up and back up and try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    Members it appears we have cover the bases on this topic, if there was a topic...

Thank You.