[Q] Can't flash dr87 AOSP v7 kernel to Mahdi ROM, on VS98024A

Search This thread
Apr 7, 2012
Sacramento
Been trying to flash dr87's kernel to the Mahdi ROM (which has been a great ROM thus far), phone ends up getting stuck on LG symbol and starts getting the white lines, at which point I reboot into recovery and just re-flash the ROM. I've read other people have been able to flash it to this ROM with no issues. Wiped Dalvik before flashing. This is the VS98024A. Any thoughts? Heard the combination of this kernel and ROM was really good, would definitely like to try it out.

tatootie67

Nov 5, 2012
Been trying to flash dr87's kernel to the Mahdi ROM (which has been a great ROM thus far), phone ends up getting stuck on LG symbol and starts getting the white lines, at which point I reboot into recovery and just re-flash the ROM. I've read other people have been able to flash it to this ROM with no issues. Wiped Dalvik before flashing. This is the VS98024A. Any thoughts? Heard the combination of this kernel and ROM was really good, would definitely like to try it out.

The DR's kernel is part of mahdi so not sure why you're trying to flash it.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD

It's been discovered LG used two different panel types on the G2, check out the explanation in the Furnace thread. You need to use the kernel that matches your panel type. As noted above though, Mahdi has a dr87 kernel in it.

Apr 7, 2012
Sacramento
It's been discovered LG used two different panel types on the G2, check out the explanation in the Furnace thread. You need to use the kernel that matches your panel type. As noted above though, Mahdi has a dr87 kernel in it.

I see, was not aware of that, I will have to look into that more. From my understanding, I believe this specific kernel is different from the one he used for the Mahdi ROM. I did assume that he used that AOSP v7 kernel in the ROM, however that kernel can be OC to 2.8, where the ROMs can be up to 2.5, and I read that some people had flashed that kernel to the ROM as well with good results.

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
I see, was not aware of that, I will have to look into that more. From my understanding, I believe this specific kernel is different from the one he used for the Mahdi ROM. I did assume that he used that AOSP v7 kernel in the ROM, however that kernel can be OC to 2.8, where the ROMs can be up to 2.5, and I read that some people had flashed that kernel to the ROM as well with good results.

I just looked, his AOSP kernel is only for roms running 4.2.2 source under the cover, I'm pretty sure the latest Mahdi is running 4.4.2.

Furnace AOSP should work on Mahdi.

bender_007 has a tool you can install to tell you which panel you have, check his signature - http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3279781

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFullSpectrum
Apr 7, 2012
Sacramento
I just looked, his AOSP kernel is only for roms running 4.2.2 source under the cover, I'm pretty sure the latest Mahdi is running 4.4.2.

bender_007 has a tool you can install to tell you which panel you have, check his signature - http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3279781

Okay I wasn't sure if v7 was perhaps the update to implement it for 4.4.2, I took it as that from reading the thread title but it does say only for 4.2.2 source. I will have to look into Furnace more, see how it compares to the kernel running in Mahdi. Thank you for the link and all the info!

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010

furnace 2.2.3 works perfect with mahdi. in fact its made to run on mahdi.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.