FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 669
 
By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th June 2013, 03:06 PM |#661  
DevShaft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,459
 
More
@Cyb3rGlitch: I really am enjoying your app on my devices. Now I would also like to buy a license for my girl her phone, but the Google Play store is saying it is not compatible. Her device is the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, it is hard for me to believe that your app isnt supporting that device. Can you give me any response on this?
 
 
8th June 2013, 06:52 AM |#662  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
last night my lux persistent notification had a plus and minus sign on the far right and left side of the notification area.* this allowed me to increase or decrease the brightness manually by 10 point increments.* thus morning the functionality disappeared overnight...* what happened?* did an update to the app remove the functionality?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
8th June 2013, 02:28 PM |#663  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
and its back again this morning... so confusing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
9th June 2013, 05:32 PM |#664  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hey, is there a way to get the filter to work over the navigation keys on a nexus 4? Not just the brightness, but the actual fluorescent light filter. I can't find a way.
9th June 2013, 07:07 PM |#665  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclaymation

Hey, is there a way to get the filter to work over the navigation keys on a nexus 4? Not just the brightness, but the actual fluorescent light filter. I can't find a way.

The latest beta lets you do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredamon

last night my lux persistent notification had a plus and minus sign on the far right and left side of the notification area.* this allowed me to increase or decrease the brightness manually by 10 point increments.* thus morning the functionality disappeared overnight...* what happened?* did an update to the app remove the functionality?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You need to expand it by swiping down. The next version of Lux removes this requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevShaft

@Cyb3rGlitch: I really am enjoying your app on my devices. Now I would also like to buy a license for my girl her phone, but the Google Play store is saying it is not compatible. Her device is the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, it is hard for me to believe that your app isnt supporting that device. Can you give me any response on this?

It's probably because that device has no accessible light sensor.
9th June 2013, 07:32 PM |#666  
ThePureHeart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 213
 
More
How do I sign up to beta?
It seems the old folder on dropbox has been removed.

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition
9th June 2013, 08:58 PM |#667  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
the notification is not expandable. swiping it does nothing, the functionality seems to appear and go away without any pattern to it. im on a stock htc one m7 dev edition

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
10th June 2013, 12:23 AM |#668  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
2 finger expand the notification

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rxmxsh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rxmxsh Ad-Free
10th June 2013, 07:52 AM |#669  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPaladin

Hi all

I'm having a issue with the front camera. It works fine in darker enviroment, but when under stronge light, the luma reading won't increase at all, in fact, if I put it directly under a lamp the luma reading will decrease instead. I presume the camera is designed to shrink its aperture(or whatever it's called) to protect itself from strong light, but it's not what I want for light sensing. Anyway I can have a workaround of this issue?

BTW I'm using the Sumsang Galaxy R with CM10.1 nightly

So still no luck after a bit of seraching and the CM thread didn't help much, also flashed to the latest nighly. The back camera work as intended but it's not very handy to use the back camera

Well you know, when you about to take a picure and if the ambient light suddenly turns up say because of a lamp being on, the picture brightness you get turns down, it's like exactly what I get here. So can you tell me how the it actually measure light intensity via camera and can I, like, calibrate it?
10th June 2013, 08:58 PM |#670  
122ninjas's Avatar
Senior Member
Arizona
Thanks Meter: 952
 
More
I just want to chime in that I am getting the thousands of wake locks on the paid version

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
15th June 2013, 11:05 AM |#671  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPaladin

So still no luck after a bit of seraching and the CM thread didn't help much, also flashed to the latest nighly. The back camera work as intended but it's not very handy to use the back camera

Well you know, when you about to take a picure and if the ambient light suddenly turns up say because of a lamp being on, the picture brightness you get turns down, it's like exactly what I get here. So can you tell me how the it actually measure light intensity via camera and can I, like, calibrate it?

Lux takes a very low resolution image and averages the brightness values of the pixels. If the camera is doing some brightness compensation I'm not sure I can fix that. I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 122ninjas

I just want to chime in that I am getting the thousands of wake locks on the paid version

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The amount of wakelocks doesn't matter, they only happen when the device is already awake anyway. Next version reduces the amount significantly, but they'll always be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredamon

the notification is not expandable. swiping it does nothing, the functionality seems to appear and go away without any pattern to it. im on a stock htc one m7 dev edition

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Next version removes the expandable notification for a new compact notification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePureHeart

How do I sign up to beta?
It seems the old folder on dropbox has been removed.

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition

I explained this above. There's also instructions in the text file within the Dropbox folder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes