Search This thread

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (except recording)
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors
Stricted, danwood76
Old Source Code: https://github.com/Exynos7580/
New Source Code: https://gitlab.com/Exynos7580/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-01-15
Last Updated 2019-01-28

Last edited:

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
As of this date, there is still no Opengapps for Android 8.1, so if anyone wants to install Opengapps they can use the Unofficial one's from the user @wloot, just search it on Google. I have Aroma installed and it works fine. I don't want to post links, i don't know if i am allowed to.

go ahead and post it

LuciferIII

Feb 26, 2016
Prizren
There is one problem, dunno why it doesn't see my sim card again

+1

Btw, i just installed it and this build is the fastest one yet.
Also the copy and paste stuff doesn't reboot the phone anymore, did you disable hwc or somehow fixed it?
(I had a little chit chatt with your friend Emre who i found on a Telegram group on coincidence :laugh: )

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
There is one problem, dunno why it doesn't see my sim card again
under /data/logcat.txt should be a full log
can you send me it in a private message?
+1

Btw, i just installed it and this build is the fastest one yet.
Also the copy and paste stuff doesn't reboot the phone anymore, did you disable hwc or somehow fixed it?
(I had a little chit chatt with your friend Emre who i found on a Telegram group on coincidence :laugh: )

yes we disabled hwc

Emre67511

May 28, 2016
Ill wait for next updatw then. Only few small questions for you. Except that only other supposed bug is camera recording right? Second question i install this rom with flashing it via twrp? Root addon same via twrp? Flash gapps via twrp? Which caches and those kind of things should be deleted?
For the best result wipe system, data and cache

LuciferIII

Feb 26, 2016
Prizren
Ill wait for next update then. Only few small questions for you. Except that only other supposed bug is camera recording right? Second question i install this rom with flashing it via twrp? Root addon same via twrp? Flash gapps via twrp? Which caches and those kind of things should be deleted?

Camera recording and maybe, just maybe your phone will not boot sometimes, just take the battery out and boot it again.
I am not sure if Stricted managed to fix that yet.

Install the Rom just like any other Rom with additional stuff afterwards like Gapps and Root .
Latest TWRP only!!
For Gapps you will have to use Unofficial because there is still no official Opengapps for 8.1.
Read the first page's post of mine, i posted a link to Unofficial gapps that work with this ROM.

For wiping: Cache, Dalvik, System, Data.
It is important to wipe all of this or you won't be able to boot.

"Data" partition does not include files like photos and music, those files are stored in the "Internal Storage" Partition.

You don't need to wipe Interal Storage :)

This ROM is still in testing phase so keep that in mind and report any issues if you like. It's been barely a month since Stricted started working on it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera (except recording)
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors
    Stricted, danwood76
    Old Source Code: https://github.com/Exynos7580/
    New Source Code: https://gitlab.com/Exynos7580/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-01-15
    Last Updated 2019-01-28
    new build available at https://lineage.stricted.net/s5neoltexx

changelog:
    * fixed in-call audio (thanks to @Mihai14 for testing)
    * nfc should now really work again
    * DRM works now (means netflix wont output errors anymore)
    * screen recording works now
    and probably some other small edits

as some noticed already i provide now OTA updates (i prepared my builds from the beginning for this), these builds will be build automatic every 15th of the month

to anyone who complains about a bug one thing said: im doing this in my free time so i decide what i prioritize and what not
    also im building this rom primary for myself, im getting sick of all the comments that i should fix something asap or that i should prioritize something
    i will fix something when i have a fix for it i cant magically fix everything in 5 seconds
    if that **** doesnt stop i will just stop providing public builds, easy as that

thats also one of the reasons why im not that active here
    after talking to some ppl they convinced me to continue my work ( thanks @Ivan_Meler and @LuciferIII )
    new build 20180315 in post #3
    • calling should be fixed now (only volume control is not working yet)
    • whatsapp bakup error is fixed
    • wifi kernel driver got updated