1st July 2016, 03:37 AM |#9562  
Thanks Meter: 695

More
QED!

Dead Cookies leave no trails...
3rd July 2016, 05:50 AM |#9563  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Hi all, wanted to share the bad news... it appears Mike Reid may have passed away. For details I started a separate thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...assed-t3410032

Based on the records we dug up, he passed away in early April.

My team is continuing his work with the OpenHU Project - which will remain open source: http://console.com.co/openhu/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christopher Price For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Christopher Price Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 09:50 PM |#9564  
Flag Makkabim
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price

Hi all, wanted to share the bad news... it appears Mike Reid may have passed away. For details I started a separate thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...assed-t3410032

My team is continuing his work with the OpenHU Project - which will remain open source: http://console.com.co/openhu/

My grief! RIP dear man. Did so much good for so many people, so many years. I was afraid something happened - he wouldn't just disappear, leaving unanswered questions... He was so faithful to his work and support. Bad news indeed...
10th July 2016, 02:25 PM |#9565  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please give me this app
13th July 2016, 06:00 AM |#9566  
Thanks Meter: 558

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price

Very sad news for Mike's family and friends.
13th July 2016, 02:10 PM |#9567  
Thanks Meter: 695

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3dboard

Very sad news for Mike's family and friends.

Heartfelt condolences. Mike was a good man to continue on this wonderful project single-handed, in spite of getting no support from phone & chipset manufacturers. Bought this app in 2012. May his soul rest in peace and his project continue with like-minded people reviving it....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...
13th July 2016, 05:26 PM |#9568  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 239

More
That's really sad news. He was a lone pioneer with the FM app. Fighting against the greedy internet money makers. Always helpful. One of lifes good guys.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using XDA-Developers mobile app
15th July 2016, 05:30 AM |#9569  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
What's going on with Spirit FM 1 and 2 as far as the Samsung GS7 ? No one ever seems to address much about the GS7 with regard to the Spirit FM apps. The S7 does have the FM chip (confirmed by Samsung's technical personnel). Moreover, approximately two weeks ago I tried Spirit1 FM on a Sprint-specific GS7 and it indicated there was no hardware support on the device. But that wasn't true, as proven when I then tried another FM broadcast reception app (NextRadio) and found that it immediately tuned and received local FM broadcast stations.

I'm currently hoping to learn what it may take to get Spirit FM operative on the GS7. My situation is that I've just purchased a new unlocked US carrier GS7 (SM-G930U) and activated it on Sprint's network. Unfortunately, NextRadio does not detect the onboard FM chip on this S7 version. That seems to be because Sprint -and perhaps Google- did something different with the carrier-specific version of that app that's bundled with the Sprint software that my device doesn't have. As for my SM-G930U, Samsung assures me that it contains all of the needed hardware to be physically/electronically capable of receiving stations in the FM broadcast band (88-108 MHz). They say it's just the software that's lacking and that all US locked and unlocked S7s have the FM receiver capability.

Interestingly, it was further explained to me that that reason all US domestic SG7s contain the functional hardware for receiving the FM broadcast band is to comply with the FCC's directive for cell phone manufacturers to facilitate the government's EAS text warnings that are sent over the air via the FM stations located in alert areas. The signals are transcribed by these mobile devices into text alerts so people can receive them in the event that the cellular systems are down. My point is that for this particular function to work, and it purportedly does, these devices obviously have to have a live receiver chip/circuit for the FM broadcast band, since that's the mode and frequency range utilized for EAS alerts.

Why don't the Spirit FM apps work on SG7s?

And by the way, I'm very sorry to hear about Mike.
20th July 2016, 02:46 AM |#9570  
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Will this work on Rooted stock Rom on one plus 3?
2nd August 2016, 07:25 AM |#9571  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello? Is there anyone out there? (Apparently everyone has given up this thread/this discussion since the developer died(obviously a very perfect way to honor someone's work and passing)).
I have a5054N Alcatel one touch fierce xl. Radio application wants unbelievable permissions(contacts, phone status, CAMERA, etc.) Will my phone work for this application? If no, will a device faker app or xmod work? Is there any discussion out there?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)