Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
S5 Android KoolKit V1.0.1 RC2

KoolKitV101.PNG

Remove Bloatware based on custom text file
Enable init.d support

Apply several performance build.prop performance enhancements

Instructions:
Extract the zip file to your PC, Make sure your device is connected via USB and that you have the appropriate USB drivers installed.For Bloatware removal look in the "bloat" folder and customize the nobloat.txt file to your needs (it has a set of default apks and odex files to remove you can modifiy this however you like (the files for knox removal are listed but are commented out in order to enable them just remove "#" from the beginning of the line (However, I have not tested the knox removal completely so use caution, i would suggest start by removing only those apks and odex files that exist in the system/priv-app folder and then go from there). init.d support is built into the code itself and needs no editing. the performance tweaks are a set of midrange enhancements for picture and video quality as well as connectivity and battery enhancement (these are hard coded and in the final release I will make them user customizable. More detailed instructions are displayed in the initial readme file displayed when starting up the application.

I recomend installing busybox from the playstore prior to running the tookit some components that are pushed to the device make use of busybox.

Changelog
V1.0.1 RC2
Removes annoying AT&T Startup sound
Fixed busybox install
tested and confirmed Samsung Knox removal works
enabled knox removal by default (comment out lines in nobloat.txt if you want to keep it)
removed some more bloatware
Can now edit the nobloat.txt from within the toolkit
Can now edit build.prop additions from within the toolkit
Can now edit sysctl.conf settings from within the toolkit
cleaned up more code

V1.0.1 RC1
Added CSC customizations (enable remove default bookmarks) Thanks to pcidiot@xda
Added remote application install
Added busybox install
Cleaned up some more code
Fixed system read/write access
Fixed missing edits in nobloat.txt
Fixed custom bootanimation
Added initial README
Converted build.prop edits to user customizable state
Added proper device detection (displayed under title in application)
Added checks for customizations and allow for updates if already applied

V1.0.0 Beta
init.d support
performance enhancements
bloatware removal
reboot options (reboot, recovery, download)
device model detected on startup
Much more to come as I get a chance.

Bugs
odex file names missing from nobloat.txt defaults - (fixed in beta 1.0.0.1)
custom bootanimation - (fixed in beta 1.0.0.1)
system read/write access ocasionally fails - (fixed in beta 1.0.0.1
)
AT&T Startup sound still active with custom bootanimation (Fixed in RC2)
busybox install fails (Fixed in RC2)

Attached to this post is an excel spreadsheet that shows all of the apps that are safe to disable/delete not all of these are included by default in the nobloat.txt, the file also includes all of the custom USSD Codes and the codes verified to work on our device.

Thanks
@pcidiot for the csc edits for default bookmarks
Google (For Android of course)
Samsung (For the Galaxy S5)
AT&T (For putting us thru a living H$!! for the last two months)
And mostly thanks @geohot for providing us with root, because lets face it without root This app would be meaningless!

Attachments

• Safe_To_Remove_apks.xlsx
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,981
Last edited:

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Upcoming changes

This is a short list of the upcoming changes to KoolKit

Minor re-write to allow users more control over build.prop edits
fixed custom bootanimation issues
fixed system RW issues
some small changes to hopefully make this Android Version independent (work for any Device any OS Ver. )

!!!DO NOT ENABLE KNOX REMOVAL IN V1.0.1 RC1 IT WILL SOFT BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!

!!!PLEASE WAIT FOR RC2 TO BE RELEASED BEFORE USING KNOX REMOVAL!!!

Fixed busybox install
enabled knox removal by default (comment out lines in nobloat.txt if you want to keep it)
cleaned up more code

I ran this through on a clean install of the stock firmware after updating to and3 and rooting with towelroot and had no issues whatsoever.

More as i think of them:laugh:

Last edited:

michaelpule

Jul 27, 2008
The zip file doesn't contain a Bloat folder, only a .exe and a bin folder with bootanimatoin file with no extension.

EDIT: Figured it out. the Tool is a download in the OP, the patch is what is attached along with the XLSX. Sorry, missed the link in the post.

Last edited:

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
The zip file doesn't contain a Bloat folder, only a .exe and a bin folder with bootanimatoin file with no extension.

EDIT: Figured it out. the Tool is a download in the OP, the patch is what is attached along with the XLSX. Sorry, missed the link in the post.

that's the patch file download the main toolkit first (the link is right above the note about the patch)

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.

remember this is a beta so i may be throwing patches at it frequently so check back once in a while

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
This look super kool tool kit Sir.....I managed to installed Safestrap ... I'm away from my Laptop ATM so I've to wait till I can goes to recovery or not just incase....but at least is good start.

5y4yjy8y.jpg

☆Swyped From S-Five SS Edition☆

Last edited:

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
This look super kool tool kit Sir.....I managed to installed Safestrap ... I'm away from my Laptop ATM so I've to wait till I can goes to recovery or not just incase....but at least is good start.

5y4yjy8y.jpg

well if we get safestrap recovery I have a ROM just waiting to be posted :good::good::good:

zacharyt86

S5 Android KoolKit V1.0.0 Beta

KoolKit_V1.0.0.PNG

Enable init.d support

Instructions:

I recomend installing busybox from the playstore prior to running the tookit some components that are pushed to the device make use of busybox.

I know the screenshot shows the ability to enable custom bootanimation which at this moment is not enabled do to some small glitches yet to be fixed.

Changelog
V1.0.0 Beta
init.d support
performance enhancements
bloatware removal

Bugs
system read/write access ocasionally fails - (fixed in beta 1.0.0.1)

Attached to this post is a patch that will enable the custom bootanimation portion of the KoolKit v1.0.0 beta, just extract into the kooklit folder and overwrite when prompted.

Attached to this post is an excel spreadsheet that shows all of the apps that are safe to disable/delete not all of these are included by default in the nobloat.txt, the file also includes all of the custom USSD Codes and the codes verified to work on our device.

Thanks
And mostly thanks @geohot for providing us with root, because lets face it without root This app would be meaningless!

Just to report my experience, I followed the directions in the OP to a T and used the enable custom boot animation option, it asked me to grant SU access on my phone, which I did, then I rebooted, now my device has no boot animation at all, it just stays on the galaxy s5 powered by android screen the whole time, I can hear the AT&T boot sound go off, but it just stays on that screen until it boots up fully, then it kinda freaks out and blinks back and forth between my lockscreen and my homescreen with flat black backgrounds for about a minute, then goes to the normal lockscreen, is there a way to revert back the changes that this tool makes or a revert to stock option? I also ran the performance tweaks too if that makes a difference.

dunlar

Sep 21, 2007
For some reason it will not detect my phone, I have the USB debug turned on in Dev mode, Samsung drivers are installed and my PC sees the phone and I can access all the files, but I get an error "Couldn't Detect your device, reconnect and try again. then I get .net framework unhanded exception errors when I close the program. What am I missing or is this something on my end?

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Just to report my experience, I followed the directions in the OP to a T and used the enable custom boot animation option, it asked me to grant SU access on my phone, which I did, then I rebooted, now my device has no boot animation at all, it just stays on the galaxy s5 powered by android screen the whole time, I can hear the AT&T boot sound go off, but it just stays on that screen until it boots up fully, then it kinda freaks out and blinks back and forth between my lockscreen and my homescreen with flat black backgrounds for about a minute, then goes to the normal lockscreen, is there a way to revert back the changes that this tool makes or a revert to stock option? I also ran the performance tweaks too if that makes a difference.

download the patch file from the attachments to the first post then do the custom boot animation enable again, without the patch the bootanimation wont run

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
For some reason it will not detect my phone, I have the USB debug turned on in Dev mode, Samsung drivers are installed and my PC sees the phone and I can access all the files, but I get an error "Couldn't Detect your device, reconnect and try again. then I get .net framework unhanded exception errors when I close the program. What am I missing or is this something on my end?

What version of windows are you running on? make sure you have .net 4.5 installed on your PC (that would explain the .net exception, what is the model of your deviceG900A or is it one of the unlocked variants?

dunlar

Sep 21, 2007
I'm on W7& .net 4.5 is installed I'll uninstall and re-install maybe there is a bad file. This is the G900A.

Updating to .NET 4.5.2 did not help

Last edited:

zacharyt86

download the patch file from the attachments to the first post then do the custom boot animation enable again, without the patch the bootanimation wont run

I did that before I did anything, I downloaded the patch first thing. I even deleted the toolkit and redownloaded everything just in case I got a bad download, still the same result. I mean ever thing works fine and my device boots up, just no boot animation and it kinda freaks out for the first minute or so when it boots.

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
I did that before I did anything, I downloaded the patch first thing. I even deleted the toolkit and redownloaded everything just in case I got a bad download, still the same result. I mean ever thing works fine and my device boots up, just no boot animation and it kinda freaks out for the first minute or so when it boots.

just sent you a PM with a test version let me know if it fixes the bootanimation problem

Reactions: zacharyt86

zacharyt86

just sent you a PM with a test version let me know if it fixes the bootanimation problem

Ok no problem, just replace the files just like in the patch right?

EDIT: Nevermind, after extracting I realized it was a whole new package with all the files.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

That did the trick, I now have the Nexus-ish boot animation, and as an added bonus the AT&T boot sound is gone also now. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S5 Android KoolKit V1.0.1 RC2

KoolKitV101.PNG

Enable init.d support

Instructions:
    Extract the zip file to your PC, Make sure your device is connected via USB and that you have the appropriate USB drivers installed.For Bloatware removal look in the "bloat" folder and customize the nobloat.txt file to your needs (it has a set of default apks and odex files to remove you can modifiy this however you like (the files for knox removal are listed but are commented out in order to enable them just remove "#" from the beginning of the line (However, I have not tested the knox removal completely so use caution, i would suggest start by removing only those apks and odex files that exist in the system/priv-app folder and then go from there). init.d support is built into the code itself and needs no editing. the performance tweaks are a set of midrange enhancements for picture and video quality as well as connectivity and battery enhancement (these are hard coded and in the final release I will make them user customizable. More detailed instructions are displayed in the initial readme file displayed when starting up the application.

Changelog
    V1.0.1 RC2
    Fixed busybox install
    Can now edit sysctl.conf settings from within the toolkit
    cleaned up more code

V1.0.1 RC1
    Added CSC customizations (enable remove default bookmarks) Thanks to pcidiot@xda
    Added remote application install
    Added busybox install
    Cleaned up some more code
    Fixed system read/write access
    Fixed missing edits in nobloat.txt
    Fixed custom bootanimation
    Added initial README
    Converted build.prop edits to user customizable state
    Added proper device detection (displayed under title in application)
    Added checks for customizations and allow for updates if already applied

V1.0.0 Beta
    init.d support
    performance enhancements
    bloatware removal

Bugs
    system read/write access ocasionally fails - (fixed in beta 1.0.0.1
    )
    AT&T Startup sound still active with custom bootanimation (Fixed in RC2)
    busybox install fails (Fixed in RC2)

Thanks
    @pcidiot for the csc edits for default bookmarks

5y4yjy8y.jpg

well if we get safestrap recovery I have a ROM just waiting to be posted :good::good::good:
    Upcoming changes

This is a short list of the upcoming changes to KoolKit

Minor re-write to allow users more control over build.prop edits
    fixed custom bootanimation issues
    fixed system RW issues
    some small changes to hopefully make this Android Version independent (work for any Device any OS Ver. )

!!!DO NOT ENABLE KNOX REMOVAL IN V1.0.1 RC1 IT WILL SOFT BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!

!!!PLEASE WAIT FOR RC2 TO BE RELEASED BEFORE USING KNOX REMOVAL!!!

Fixed busybox install
    cleaned up more code

I ran this through on a clean install of the stock firmware after updating to and3 and rooting with towelroot and had no issues whatsoever.

More as i think of them:laugh:
    Great tool first of all!
    One problem I have though is the annoying ATT boot sound is still there. Is there any reason why that would be?
    I have the Google splash but the ATT sound is still present.....
    Use root Explorer and change the name of system/media /audio /ui/power on.ogg to power on.bak

SM-G870A Peace
    Is there a away to re-add the Samsung account after debloating. My milk app won't sign in anymore. I looked through the bloat read file, obviously not enough lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

unfortunately no way to restore (its in the plans to add it) been super busy with Work and Getting the ROM out been kinda slacking off here sorry.