Galaxy S3 wont turn on or charge but connects to the computer

Search This thread

n023b

Aug 5, 2011
Hello, I have an sgh-i747 it was running task650s rom and one day it just randomly shut off. I tried everything and was told to buy a jig to put the phone into download mode. I bought a jig, plugged it in, still nothing. When I plug it into the computer it shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD #3 (im using a mac).

What should I do next? All I did was plug the jig into the USB but nothing happened.

This is the jig I bought
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271353549321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Hello, I have an sgh-i747 it was running task650s rom and one day it just randomly shut off. I tried everything and was told to buy a jig to put the phone into download mode. I bought a jig, plugged it in, still nothing. When I plug it into the computer it shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD #3 (im using a mac).

What should I do next? All I did was plug the jig into the USB but nothing happened.

This is the jig I bought
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271353549321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Is your warranty up? Did you try a different battery? Sounds like a hardware failure. How long were you running tasks650 before the problem occurred? Did you flash the ROM that is specific to AT&T? You could try contacting josh at mobiletechvideos.com. Head to his site and chat with him as he's quite knowledgeable. I don't use a mac so i'd have no idea what that error code means. Sorry i wasn't much help. Good luck

n023b

Aug 5, 2011
Is your warranty up? Did you try a different battery? Sounds like a hardware failure. How long were you running tasks650 before the problem occurred? Did you flash the ROM that is specific to AT&T? You could try contacting josh at mobiletechvideos.com. Head to his site and chat with him as he's quite knowledgeable. I don't use a mac so i'd have no idea what that error code means. Sorry i wasn't much help. Good luck

-Warranty is long gone.
-Yup tried a different battery and a different charger
-I've been running the rom for over 2 years
-Yes it was the correct one
-tHANKS ill give him a try
-I dont think its an error code its just what the device shows up in mac

n023b

Aug 5, 2011
When I plug in the phone without the battery the orange light pops up does that mean its not a charging problem?

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
When I plug in the phone without the battery the orange light pops up does that mean its not a charging problem?

It does sound like a hardware rather than firmware issue. Did you try another battery in the phone or try the current battery in another device? If it isn't something as simple as a completely dead battery, it could be a short somewhere on the motherboard.

n023b

Aug 5, 2011
It does sound like a hardware rather than firmware issue. Did you try another battery in the phone or try the current battery in another device? If it isn't something as simple as a completely dead battery, it could be a short somewhere on the motherboard.

Yup tried another battery and tried the current battery in another phone and it worked fine.

I did change the sim card reader when I first got the phone like 2 years ago maybe something is shorting out the MB now I'll check it out

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Yup tried another battery and tried the current battery in another phone and it worked fine.

I did change the sim card reader when I first got the phone like 2 years ago maybe something is shorting out the MB now I'll check it out

I just got my phone back from Josh. My power button was shorted on the board so he fixed me right up. The symptoms on my phone were it would get to Samsung screen and subsequently power off. Same in DL mode so it could very well be that your power button is shorted in a manner which it just won't power on at all. Hopefully that's all it is. 40 bucks and you're back up and running

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

n023b

Aug 5, 2011
I just got my phone back from Josh. My power button was shorted on the board so he fixed me right up. The symptoms on my phone were it would get to Samsung screen and subsequently power off. Same in DL mode so it could very well be that your power button is shorted in a manner which it just won't power on at all. Hopefully that's all it is. 40 bucks and you're back up and running

Thanks but I think I'll just sell it for parts/not working I have a nexus 5 now and don't want to go through the hassle of having it fixed

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Thanks but I think I'll just sell it for parts/not working I have a nexus 5 now and don't want to go through the hassle of having it fixed

I'm thinking about getting away from Samsung next go around and thinking about the nexus. What do you think? You like nexus better than s3?

n023b

Aug 5, 2011
I'm thinking about getting away from Samsung next go around and thinking about the nexus. What do you think? You like nexus better than s3?

No complaints here. Its better in mostly every way (battery life, speed, looks etc). Best part is not having to put a custom rom on it since its a nexus. Only thing the Galaxy beats it in is that it has a removable battery so you could carry around two batteries. I got a 2amp car charger and the phone charges pretty quickly on the car charger and home charger.

Reactions: brianray14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No complaints here. Its better in mostly every way (battery life, speed, looks etc). Best part is not having to put a custom rom on it since its a nexus. Only thing the Galaxy beats it in is that it has a removable battery so you could carry around two batteries. I got a 2amp car charger and the phone charges pretty quickly on the car charger and home charger.