[Q] Phone sometimes does not receive calls, but I get voicemail.

Search This thread

martyxng

Sep 5, 2007
I have a Fascinate running a "PowerWashed" FroYo build. This has been running fine for months, but the past few weeks, I occasionally don't receive calls. I'll get a notification for a new voicemail, but no missed call on record.

This didn't bother me too much until yesterday. My wife and baby were in a car accident (rear-ended by a 23 year old, texting of course....:mad:) My wife repeatedly called me. The calls never made it. Only after frantically calling me time and time again did she leave me a voicemail, which I got the notification for.

Could this be a problem with the rom? The radio? I'm not sure where to start. I don't want to spend a lot of time flashing new stuff if I don't need to. If I have to flash anyway, I sure wouldn't mind flashing an ICS build if there is a stable enough one for Fascinate.

scarfman4

Jan 19, 2011
This has been an ongoing issue ever since Froyo was released. Verizon says it was supposedly fixed in ED05 but reports are mixed on whether or not it is. Also people say this is worse in areas where LTE is present but I don't know how substantial that is.

What version of Power washed are you running? Have you tried upgrading to an EH03 from like Superclean3 or GeeWiz 2.4.2 or 2.5?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

kadin.zimmerman

Jan 9, 2011
I would update the radio to EH03, because it is a reliable radio version. I had a similar problem but with my version of ICS because the radio the ROM came with was jacked up.

kadin.zimmerman

Jan 9, 2011
Must have been a different one then, but either way using stock radios does insure greater reliability

mkuehl06

Sep 5, 2011
Kouts
Must have been a different one then, but either way using stock radios does insure greater reliability

its the same radio if you would ota the stock update or flash the radio via odin. it was pulled directly from someones stock. so im not too sure what you are talking about when you say "stock radios insure greater reliability"

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

This has been an ongoing issue ever since Froyo was released. Verizon says it was supposedly fixed in ED05 but reports are mixed on whether or not it is. Also people say this is worse in areas where LTE is present but I don't know how substantial that is.

What version of Power washed are you running? Have you tried upgrading to an EH03 from like Superclean3 or GeeWiz 2.4.2 or 2.5?

geewiz or scms2 are good ideas, pair them with either kgb or geewiz kernel and your phone will fly. either use ec09 or eh03 modem. imo eh03 is faster and ec09 is more reliable when it comes to not switching from 1x to 3g.

martyxng

Sep 5, 2007

The rom I used is "powerwash v1.2 testkernel 08152011". So, I guess it's a bit old. I want a rock-solid rom with 100% incoming call reception success. ICS preferred of course, but would take Gingerbread if the call reception is more solid.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
The rom I used is "powerwash v1.2 testkernel 08152011". So, I guess it's a bit old. I want a rock-solid rom with 100% incoming call reception success. ICS preferred of course, but would take Gingerbread if the call reception is more solid.

Just flash the ec09 or eh03 radio...when i ran powerwashed froyo, i used imnuts pbj kernel with ec09 radio. Rock solid setup with no missed calls. But yes upgrade to something like superclean3 with kgb kernel or cm7.2 with glitchv13.1

martyxng

Sep 5, 2007
I can't seem to find just the EH03 radio. Where can I get this? Also, can I flash through Clockwork, or do I have to do this with ODIN again?