CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
Camera Flash is currently dead (Started with 7/17 build for me, still dead with 7/21 build). If I try the workaround of turning the LED on via Torch app then starting the camera...The camera won't start at all.

lionman229

Jan 1, 2012
My flash works too. Wow this is so much better than stock GB haha. I have one question, I just restored all user apps and data. What if anything should I do with backed up system data?

RealyPssd

Jun 16, 2010
Toronto
Twice now on RC2 when an alarm has gone off, I don't know what I pressed, but the screen would not turn on no matter what, only the 3 buttons on the bottom were lit up.

Had to take out the battery and restart my phone..

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
Sorry guys, flash issue was a false alarm. I had the camera is a specific SCN mode that locked it out. Once I changed to another scn, the flash option came back.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
I've been getting random reboots on my phone with the new CM9 kernel.

Not a full reboot mind you, the LG logo never shows up. Just the CM9 Boot animation pops up and runs through.

The rom is quite fast, but I hope we can get it back to how stable it was with the previous kernel.

Thanks for all your work arcee! Without you we'd still be on Gingerbread (EUGH).

(EDIT)

I also get a black screen from time to time when I attempt to wake the phone. The hardware buttons light up, but the screen stays black and the only way to fix it is to pull the battery.

I just got both of those tonight! A random reboot and then later on in the night screen wouldn't come back on.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
Could you tell what's the best recent build with wifi working? flashed 07/17 and 07/21 and them both don't see my wifi with hidden ssid. In months ago builds wifi worked fine, then somewhat broke

lionman229

Jan 1, 2012
My wifi works fine but my battery is draining because of the phone always being awake. I narrowed it down to this but after this im clueless. I have no live wall paper.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342976252117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342976252117.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 150

typhoonk

Sep 11, 2008
Ontario
Could you tell what's the best recent build with wifi working? flashed 07/17 and 07/21 and them both don't see my wifi with hidden ssid. In months ago builds wifi worked fine, then somewhat broke

I had that issue, and also sometimes the hotspot sharing would freeze out my wifi entirely and I'd have to reboot. Ended up having to erase everything and do a clean install with newest nightly, then reinstall all my apps individually. Sucked but haven't had any issues since.

Mes3

Jan 17, 2011
Anyone having problems with Screen Lock and Keyboard (stock and Swiftkey 3) sounds not working? I'm running 7/23 nightly. Worked fine with RC2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP