Google Experience Launcher

Search This thread

jbaalson

Jul 25, 2011
Dahlonega
Yesterday, Android 4.4 KitKat was release along with the brand new Nexus 5. Since the HTC Droid DNA will not be getting 4.4 for awhile, here is the brand new Google Experience Launcher!

http://www.androidpit.com/install-the-google-experience-launcher-now

Follow the link above for a descriptive installation process. Unfortunately, I am unable to post any attachments.

I have replace Nova Launcher with the Google Experience Launcher as my daily driver. It is just that amazing. Good job GOOGLE! :highfive:

Reactions: geno7 and tfrank10

jansz811

Nov 1, 2013
Collegeville
How is it?

How has it been? Should I uninstall Nova Prime first? Is there a way to get rid of this launcher if I needed to? Any information you can pass along woudl be very helpful. I just do not want to brick or ruin my phone.Thank you!

Reactions: jbaalson

Carloskeee

Sep 4, 2013
San Diego, CA
But it works well on the DNA? No problems?

Yeah no problems here. Download those three apps, push them to SYSTEM/APP, change permissions then reboot. You can have as many launchers installed as you like. I'd suggest leaving Nova. Try the New Google, if you don't like it just go into system/apps and delete the 3apps that you pushed to that folder. No biggie.

Last edited:

jansz811

Nov 1, 2013
Collegeville
Yeah no problems here. Download those three apps, push them to SYSTEM/APP, change permissions then reboot. You can have as many launchers installed as you like. I'd suggest leaving Nova. Try the New Google, if you don't like it just go into system/apps and delete the 3apps that you pushed to that folder. No biggie.

It kes saying, Unfortunatly Google Search has stopped. Any idea? I tried the voice search language change.

bigjew92

Jul 15, 2010
cannot get launcher to work. says "Unfortunately, Google search has stopped". search and services work. non-rooted. stock 4.1.1

jbaalson

Jul 25, 2011
Dahlonega
Google Now Fix

"Long press the home screen, select Settings. Select Voice. Select Language to change the default. Change to another language, I choose English – UK. Hit Home. Do a Google Search. Repeat the first three steps. Change back to English – US." - Derek Ross

Just follow the above instructions and Google now should work properly.

I love this launcher! Yeah... the icons are a little bit too big, but its seamless integration into Google now has sold me.

volfan22

Apr 3, 2011
I fixed the force close issue but voice search doesn't work whatsoever since I downloaded the apks. Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Carloskeee

Sep 4, 2013
San Diego, CA
I guess I should have pointed out I'm on CM10.2, 10/29. I've had it all day have not had a problem yet. But with the icons being so big it makes it seem that oys cheaper looking. Idk.how to explain.

Maybe if we could get the 4.4 icons it would be different. I'm sure a cyan theme is just around the corner anyway.

Reactions: jwhood

bigjew92

Jul 15, 2010
it's ok. thanks man. hoping for a google play release and then i can get it. also hoping i can activate my nexus 5 on verizon...ordered 16 gig black. if i can't then i'll return or just ship.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yesterday, Android 4.4 KitKat was release along with the brand new Nexus 5. Since the HTC Droid DNA will not be getting 4.4 for awhile, here is the brand new Google Experience Launcher!

http://www.androidpit.com/install-the-google-experience-launcher-now

Follow the link above for a descriptive installation process. Unfortunately, I am unable to post any attachments.

I have replace Nova Launcher with the Google Experience Launcher as my daily driver. It is just that amazing. Good job GOOGLE! :highfive:
    You may have to push this file (http://www.mediafire.com/download/0hb7wj2b18lw7jo/libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.zip) to system/lib in order to fix the voice search issue.
    But it works well on the DNA? No problems?

Google Now Fix

"Long press the home screen, select Settings. Select Voice. Select Language to change the default. Change to another language, I choose English – UK. Hit Home. Do a Google Search. Repeat the first three steps. Change back to English – US." - Derek Ross

Just follow the above instructions and Google now should work properly.

I love this launcher! Yeah... the icons are a little bit too big, but its seamless integration into Google now has sold me.
    How is it?

How has it been? Should I uninstall Nova Prime first? Is there a way to get rid of this launcher if I needed to? Any information you can pass along woudl be very helpful. I just do not want to brick or ruin my phone.Thank you!