[Q] Issue with Proximity Sensor?

Search This thread

kris308

May 3, 2014
Hi Guys,
Newbie here, wonderful forum and lots of tech stuff, kudos to every one who have contributed.:good:

Facing couple of issues with my NOKIA X, request your help pls!

Issue: Screen goes blank during a call, when using the phone without headset, & doesnt come back on, untill the call is disconnected by the caller at the other end.During this period, when the screen goes blank, it leaves me with no access to the menu, dialpad, etc and the call disconnect button doesnt end the call as well.

1) Turned off proxmity sensor in the "Phone-Settings" menu, it works properly.ie the screen stays "on" during the call and no issues with disconnecting the call, accessing the other dialpad options etc.
2)Also Turned on/off Automatically adjust screen brightness , observed that issue is intermittent.

Any leads would be helpful.Not sure about sensor calibration and tweaks

thanks
K

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
the screen supposedly to turn off during calls when it detect something near the proximity sensor ie your face when attending calls, this is to preserve power, and it should've come back on again when u bring it far from your face. this is default bahaviour on all smartphones nowadays.
but when it doesn't come back on again after u bring it far from your face after making calls, then thats a problem.
u use screen protector? a thick one and it covering the proximity sensor perhaps? from my experience thick screen protector that covering the sensor can interfere with its sensitivity.
the sensor is on the right side of the nokia logo infront of the phone. look closely and u could see it.

Last edited:

kris308

May 3, 2014
the screen supposedly to turn off during calls when it detect something near the proximity sensor ie your face when attending calls, this is to preserve power, and it should've come back on again when u bring it far from your face. this is default bahaviour on all smartphones nowadays.
but when it doesn't come back on again after u bring it far from your face after making calls, then thats a problem.
u use screen protector? a thick one and it covering the proximity sensor perhaps? from my experience thick screen protector that covering the sensor can interfere with its sensitivity.
the sensor is on the right side of the nokia logo infront of the phone. look closely and u could see it.

Thanks for your reply!.
Yes recently i got a matt finish screen protector on.,let me try taking it off and then observe if the issue pops up..Yes its a little frsutrating when the screen doesnt come back on once its moved away from the face & will have to wait till the caller disconnects the line from their end:mad:

kris308

May 3, 2014

Thank you mdfzhi, i took off the screen guard (yeah it looked unusually thick :silly:) and it seems to work at the moment, will monitor and see if the issue pops up!:good:

thanks again!!

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
search for screen protector that doesn't cover the proximity sensor, or if u cant find one that doesn't, cut yourself a hole in place of the sensor.
i'm using a thick anti fingerprint screen protector myself but its not covering the proximity sensor.

tbiwalkar

Mar 4, 2014
Kalyan
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 5
search for screen protector that doesn't cover the proximity sensor, or if u cant find one that doesn't, cut yourself a hole in place of the sensor.
i'm using a thick anti fingerprint screen protector myself but its not covering the proximity sensor.

Similar issue here! Screen goes off while phone is touched to ear however, after taking phone away screen dosent come up! I need to swipe the proximity sensor each time i want to get the display ON back again!!
Someone please CONFORM THIS BUG!
Especially someone running stock! ( I had issues with all stock versions)
@SilverDragon24! Brother do u face this issue?

kris308

May 3, 2014

Yes i did the same, cut off the top section so that it doesnt cover the sensor, working ok now!

nokia xl blank screen call

Hi guys, my XL got blank screen every I make a call, what happen...
Blank screen show in every rom I've installed, but not on stockrom, at stockrom blank screen call only happen once after that going normal...
I'm not using screen protector at all...

What's wrong, how to fix that ??

pyshydv

Dec 29, 2015
INDIA
this problem is in NOKIA X stock rom..
other roms doesnt have this problem..
its a bug in stock.