[27-08-08] L26 KaiserDiamond Throttle Launcher (Beta 6 released, discontinued)

Search This thread

stutzmason

Aug 2, 2008
Killeen
Great rom, this is the fourth rom i have had and yours are definately the best. question, is there a way to keep throttletoday plugged in, every time i reset the phone i have to plug it back in? also when throttle launches after reset it tells me there is no theme and to go to throttle.com for the themes. small fixes. but i love the rom. glad you were inspired to create it.

I realize that I'm a junior member, but I would really like to know if anyone esle is having this issue and if there is a solution. I have read this thread and links to other threads for solutions. I never asked when I had issues with weather, i read and figured it out. please help tis noob so i can stop feeling like i'm crazy

Last edited:

blogzter

Apr 1, 2008
Ok... I'm giving up on this rom although I loved the throttle. Freezing up, no sound, missing all my calls.

But I'll roll back to V9 till a fix is out.

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
Ok... I'm giving up on this rom although I loved the throttle. Freezing up, no sound, missing all my calls.

But I'll roll back to V9 till a fix is out.

What

The

Heck

Are you talking about?

Did you install the Recommended SPL? That helps with Freezes.

No Sound. Did you flash a compatible radio? If you didn't your will Not get any sound and miss your calls.

Also, I highly suggest that you try V10 non Throttle... Much better then V9

godfa7h3r

May 29, 2006
Album to Look under storage Card: In The Camera Goto the Menu make sure "Storage Card" is selected not "Main Memory"

Then Go to AdvancedConfig and Scroll to Camera, Change from DCIM to My Pictures.

I also scroll down some to "default" Picture Save Location. Set it to Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures. Cause that's where I have my Pictures. The Soft Reset and HTC Album will Show all your Pictures. It does for me.

Ahhh! Thank you! I did not know that Album and default pic save location were linked together.

joshuaberman

Dec 13, 2007
TEXAS
X-Lent!

Wow, Thanks for yet another great ROM. I've been using V7 til last night and was happy with my setup but this is superb! Everything is a go! Thank You. Donation OTW. Will continue to monitor.....

Reflashed ROM, Then WP......everything working flawless & very responsive.....everything. =P

Last edited:

gemelo_1

Dec 20, 2007
Anyone else can confirm that?

Anyone else get exceptions when running any direct3d apps?
The drivers worked fine with v9.
Tried both v10s with both hardspl 3.56 and 3.29.
Tried re-installing the HTC_CA drivers.
I like v10 but now my direct3D stuff is worse than slow, they exception out.

dont think im being lazy lol, its just im out of town and i didnt bring my usb cable (i waited for sooo long for this next release and when it came out...i wasnt prepared lol), but has anyone else tested the HTC_CA drivers or the new samsung ones?

P.S. and my laptop doesnt have bluetooth nor a micro sd slot...maaaan!

bartimeus

Apr 11, 2008
Springfield
Ok so I put in that SWF file and it still isnt working. It has rainbows clouds and a sun in the background with Please update in front of it.

In the Throttle Config under the weather tab I have the flash button checked and I put in Springfield, MO then in the varis.txt I have NAM|US|MO|SPRINGFIELD|65803
so when i press please update it brings up that option thing and I press my and it has the NAM| etc etc

I press ok and it does nothing

Also I tried doing that reg edit that Leo mentioned earlier about HKLM>Software>throttle launcher> something something but when i go into that throttle launcher folder it only has Messaging(yes I am sure I am in HKLM)

Last edited:

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
Ok so I put in that SWF file and it still isnt working. It has rainbows clouds and a sun in the background with Please update in front of it.

In the Throttle Config under the weather tab I have the flash button checked and I put in Springfield, MO then in the varis.txt I have NAM|US|MO|SPRINGFIELD|65803
so when i press please update it brings up that option thing and I press my and it has the NAM| etc etc

I press ok and it does nothing

Ok Two things Here.

Remove the Zip from the NAM|blahblah...

Next Establish a Connection (Open Opera) Then click to the Weather Tab and see what happens.

bartimeus

Apr 11, 2008
Springfield
I did unzip it so it is a .swf file not .zip I will try the opera thing.

Ok that worked. It is 22 degrees...C which is not how I want it. It wont stick with F. and it is flashing...not between Spfd and another city but like the "box" the picture is in the bottom is flashing like it gets longer and blacker then shorter with a fade effect...idk how to explain it.

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
I love the ROM Leo! Great work! :)

Anyone: Is there a way to add the tab for changing ringer settings like in HTC Home with TL? I really miss this feature from HTC Home.

Only Bug I've had so far was my Gmail accounts weren't being accepted and it was saying my credentials were invalid. I left it alone because I had to head into work and while at work they just started working and have been fine ever since. :\ :confused:

All's great now though. :)

iceman4357

Jun 17, 2006
St.Louis
When I try the flash weather after editing the txt file, it jsut says to refresh it and does nothing. :( I really want to get this damn thing to work 100%!!

Any insight on the favorite people off a SIM card???????

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
When I try the flash weather after editing the txt file, it jsut says to refresh it and does nothing. :( I really want to get this damn thing to work 100%!!

Any insight on the favorite people off a SIM card???????

I have found that you need to be connected BEFORE you try and update the weather. Try Openning Opera, Minimize, then Click on the Weather tab and wait...

blaker13

Jun 15, 2008
PEOPLE!

Look all the flash weather contacts ect. is all new stuff, will not work right until it is out of beta stage andthen stil its always under const. So just use regular weather and contacts, problem solved! the flash stuff is not great once its working... my TL9.3 Rom will be out soon with a bunch of fixes. Hopefully it can be as good as any L's rom's he is truly amazing...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 43

DanQ

Nov 22, 2007
New Jersey
Battery Icon Problem

I'm having a problem copying the file. Both TotalCommander and File Explorer are giving me an error. But I then deleted the two registry values and it seems to be working now, even now I was unsuccessful replacing that file. Is there anything special about that file? Would you recommend to try to copy it no matter what?

Thanks.

Awsome work BTW Leo. Big fan of yours.

For those with weather problems, I got all of the weather working ok (flash (the one with the sun and clouds moving.....hahaha), the simple version....and also the WeatherPanel PlugIn, wich I think, regardless of some bugs, the best way to go to solve this annoying issue.

Here's the battery icon fix.

Unzip and copy phcanoverbmp.dll to you device.
Use Total Commander on the device to copy\paste phcanoverbmp.dll to windows on device, overwrite the file that already exist when it asks.

Delete these two values from registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:0000000b

Softreset.

Cheers,

Leo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What everyone has to understand is there are two versions of weather and two ways to change them. If you are using flash weather you have to get your code from accuweather.com and enter it in the varis.txt file. If you are using the normal option just change your city in the ThrottleConfig menu. Make sense?

i exactly did that and still, when flash is checked it didnt work..
    mine only worked if flash weather was unchecked
    hi,
    Well i have B2 installed and cannot get darm gps to work. did not work with the original release either. have not touched any settings. pretty much did this. flash to B2 / let all the autoconfig do its thing / run quickgps / install google maps and activate gps... not seeing any satellites or locking on anything. the orange/red light blinks but nothing.. even outside. I have an att tilt and live in florida.

any suggestions for me? thank you much...

Go back to the 1st post - make sure you have the correct radio version and SPL version installed.
    Leo this rom is better than ever, after a lot of reading almost everything is working the way i like it (the rom is beautifull and quite fast as well, but getting to know TL is a lot of work).

But i keep having troubles with plugins on the TL home screen.
    The fix mentioned in post 2 (enabling plugins) finally works (I had to disable the plugins in the original HTC home display), but when i select a plugin, the standard clock disappears. (tried enabling flash clock, but then throttlelauncher hangs).

Any help or insight into why this happens?

This might actually be an xml issue.
    Blazingwolf wrote this config by my request to be able to run PDC on my device instead of the std diamond clock.
    It is very well possible that this disappearing of the diamond clock is set in the xml in favor of the PDC todayplugin.
    This might be the issue, if you actually like the diamond clock.

Maybe someone could look at the att'd xml files and see if this is fixable.