OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,442

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundai2010

So tell me why should i use yours?
and not the others`?

I have no idea. Do what makes you happy.....

Oh, and this is based on the RUU for Asian WWE units, so there may be some nice synergies for those, like me, who don't have an EU device.

Steve

26th April 2012, 07:51 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundai2010

So tell me why should i use yours?
and not the others`?

here's some reasons:

1. because you can
2. why not?
3. that rosie theme mod that you read about in the OP right?

26th April 2012, 07:56 PM |#13  
Flag Ann Arbor & NYC
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk806

I have no idea. Do what makes you happy.....

Oh, and this is based on the RUU for Asian WWE units, so there may be some nice synergies for those, like me, who don't have an EU device.

Steve

By asian WWE units....do you mean batches made in china? I have the SH23 batch...may try this out.

Also, do you have screen flicker issue on light grey colors?
26th April 2012, 08:00 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEZ69

Thank s to reply
Ok don t worry ....we will wait ...just happy to test new rom
Just one question the screen scrolling lags are gone with this Rom?

I put up a dropbox mirror for now. Will also have filefactory in a bit. Wonder why Goo.im isn't working for me....

Oh, and I see no lag in scrolling, although I think we really need to flatten the 3D effect some. I know it's supposed to be better than 3.5, but I am getting seasick. I have integrated the 3.5 "ultrasmooth" mod into it (my test rom, not this release), but HTC changed the code where the "smooth" part of the mod goes, so it's not quite there. I am still trying to figure out how it all works in sense 4.0...

Steve
26th April 2012, 08:02 PM |#15  
Flag Antibes
Thanks Meter: 46

More
thanks for mirroir ....testing will start
26th April 2012, 08:05 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang

By asian WWE units....do you mean batches made in china? I have the SH23 batch...may try this out.

Also, do you have screen flicker issue on light grey colors?

Yes, that is what I mean. Serial numbers that start with SH23. However, I especially mean those who have the 1.2x.707.x firmware, which, I understand, is quite a lot of people...

No screen flicker issues with light gray, but I have noticed it when you are using the still camera outside and move around...pictures still fine, but kind of annoying.
26th April 2012, 08:09 PM |#17  
Flag Ann Arbor & NYC

More
Quote:

Yes, that is what I mean. Serial numbers that start with SH23. However, I especially mean those who have the 1.2x.707.x firmware, which, I understand, is quite a lot of people...

No screen flicker issues with light gray, but I have noticed it when you are using the still camera outside and move around...pictures still fine, but kind of annoying.

Is firmware the build number? My first HTC device haha....have had samsung for like my past 3 androids. All the Galaxy basically.

Im running ARHD and im guessing my build number/RUU is 1.28.401.9, is that firmware? I'll probably do a backup and try out your ROM later today.
26th April 2012, 08:39 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang

Is firmware the build number? My first HTC device haha....have had samsung for like my past 3 androids. All the Galaxy basically.

Im running ARHD and im guessing my build number/RUU is 1.28.401.9, is that firmware? I'll probably do a backup and try out your ROM later today.

Firmware is different. Generally an RUU or OTA update will have a separate package that installs firmware, which is basically what makes your hardware work (this is simplifying a great deal), while the ROM, through the kernel, is the software that works with the firmware/hardware. So, for instance, a firmware package might change your radio, while a ROM will not. I have run ROMs meant for the EU firmware on my phone just fine...I have the dreaded "No CID" version, so I can't switch firmware to the EU version.

Hope this helps.

Steve
26th April 2012, 10:12 PM |#19  
Flag Ann Arbor & NYC

More
Quote:

Firmware is different. Generally an RUU or OTA update will have a separate package that installs firmware, which is basically what makes your hardware work (this is simplifying a great deal), while the ROM, through the kernel, is the software that works with the firmware/hardware. So, for instance, a firmware package might change your radio, while a ROM will not. I have run ROMs meant for the EU firmware on my phone just fine...I have the dreaded "No CID" version, so I can't switch firmware to the EU version.

Hope this helps.

Steve

hmm I have no CID also....well about to try out ur ROM

how exactly do u check firmware also then?
26th April 2012, 10:23 PM |#20  
Flag Antibes
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:

I put up a dropbox mirror for now. Will also have filefactory in a bit. Wonder why Goo.im isn't working for me....

Oh, and I see no lag in scrolling, although I think we really need to flatten the 3D effect some. I know it's supposed to be better than 3.5, but I am getting seasick. I have integrated the 3.5 "ultrasmooth" mod into it (my test rom, not this release), but HTC changed the code where the "smooth" part of the mod goes, so it's not quite there. I am still trying to figure out how it all works in sense 4.0...

Steve

I m still testing and everything goes ok...Nice job...
Have you tweaks rosies?...because it s run with less lag...
I m with eu firmware 1.28.409.1 and flash was ok ...no probleme

Thank s
26th April 2012, 10:47 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEZ69

I m still testing and everything goes ok...Nice job...
Have you tweaks rosies?...because it s run with less lag...
I m with eu firmware 1.28.409.1 and flash was ok ...no probleme

Thank s

Yes...more coming, too.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)