Clockworkmod not working anymore...can't mount/open cache error

Search This thread

balachandra2k3

Mar 20, 2016
Mother board (HARD disc ) failed, it melted inside, i replaced another mother board for cheap, its been working. I upgraded to s7, my 3yr old daugter using s3 for playing kids games. (Fixed in septmber 2016 when my s6 water damaged).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I'm afraid my emmc is fried. After occasional crashes/freezes/FC's in different apps/Android modules in CM7 over a few months, one day I opened this site in the browser, and the browser FC'ed and then kept FC'ing when opened. When rebooting, the phone gets stuck looping in the CM7 animated start-up logo. When I boot in Clockworkmod (v4.0.1.0) , I get this error:

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
    E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

and I can't use Clockworkmod. Cannot mount/wipe cache, cannot install anything. I tried checking the eMMC with ADB and FASTBOOT, but they can't see the device, though Heimdall does see it as I was able to flash recovery.bin again in d/l mode (but without fixing the problem). Please help, I've run out of ideas and have no phone...:(

you need to get into recovery via the power menu...depending on what kernel version your running, three fingering into recovery will cause a bootloop. the same thing applies to all ICS roms. If you can no longer get the phone to boot up then simply odin cwm4 fixed for cm7, three finger into recovery, wipe data, then reflash the rom. Make sure everything is backed up first. More information can be found in section 3 here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238070
    Not to quibble...it is a powerful tool. Just a a chainsaw is a powerful tool but good luck trying to drive in a nail with it. It's just not the right tool in this scenario.

At this point, I dont know what to do so im just going to throw out some random musings based on the assumption that you really can't break this any worse

You can perhaps try to use another computer.

Maybe even Odin 2.1 eclair and repartition with that corresponding pit. Perhaps that will take and get you back in business.

See if you can format the partitions in CWM and then retry Odin.

Try a different cwm...maybe try the mtd version or cwm-all. Hell maybe go back to Samsung recovery and try to use that to flash an official package. Find every damn recovery you can and try it.

Unbrickable mod.

Find a shop with a programmer.

Try to get Samsung to repair it.

Use an old version of heimdall that allows you to flash each partition individually and see if it will take that way.

Sell for parts on eBay and pick up something new there or on swappa. I know there was a guy looking for a replacement screen here recently

Sorry I can't help more.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
    Thanks for your reply. I explained that the phone doesn't boot up anymore (gets stuck in a loop), and while booting into ClockworkMod works (3 fingers), I get these errors, so even though the up/down/power buttons work (I can scroll through the recovery menus/options), certain things don't work, like wiping the cache (it cannot mount or open the cache) or re-flashing CM7 from SD-card... I get errors.

I've had problems with Odin before (it said it flashed stuff, but stuff didn't work), so I've been using Heimdall for a while instead. Like I said, I was able to successfully re-upload ClockworkMod to the phone (in d/l mode) with Heimdall, but it doesn't fix the problem. The problem seems to be that the cache partition is corrupted, and I can't do much from within ClockworkMod (though it worked without problems in the past).

I've found tips on here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284196) that the errors I get are sometimes (though not always) because of physical corruption of eMMC. Is it possible to flash CM7 or CM9 using Heimdall or (Heimdall-frontend), are there instructions on this, though I doubt it will work...I'm new to this lol. I want to at least have a working phone, until I can figure out how to fix the cache problem and make Clockworkmod work again. Thanks.
    I've found others who have the same problem... in my opinion it's clear that the cache partition got corrupted for some reason, either software (fixable) or hardware (the internal memory/eMMC which then it would need replacement or a new phone lol).

you need to flash back to a stock rom via odin, heimdall, or adb...thats the only way to fix it at this point. if you can get odin to recognize the device try section 5 of my guide.
    Hi Guys!

Same problem and same question please:p
    Okay question! Where do i find a CWM recovery that can be flashed through the micro SD? They are all imgs and what we can flash are .zips right? A quick guidance much appreciated for the tormented soul

Here is a (JB) jellybean 0729-CWM6_Recovery
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23050663588004893

Referenced in this post ::
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1694984

cwm6_recovery :: Contents:
    Latest source built CWM Based 6.0.1.0 Recovery (Flashes Recovery only)(Does not affect ROM recovery)[\b]

That means flashing any other ROM will replace these recovery

===============================

Here is also the ICS
    aokp-cm9-recovery :: Contents:
    Latest source built CWM Based 5.5.0.4 Recovery (Flashes Recovery only)(Does not affect ROM recovery)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23050663588004894