[ROM][WIP] TFWiz - TouchWiz for the TF101 v1.4.0 [12-01-23]

Search This thread
L

LastStandingDroid

To OP

Link for 1.4.x is dead.

404 Error
The file or directory you have requested was not found on the server.
Common reasons for this error:

Incorrectly spelt file or directory.
The file or directory was removed.

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Link for 1.4.x is dead.

404 Error
The file or directory you have requested was not found on the server.
Common reasons for this error:

Incorrectly spelt file or directory.
The file or directory was removed.

I've managed to get my new host up and running, posting new generic host for all the downloads.

dariolob, pashinator, don't you happen to have the older releases? I've lost them, and multiupload is down too, so can't get them. It would help me if you could upload them, so I can upload them to the new host!

dariolob

Jul 13, 2009
I've managed to get my new host up and running, posting new generic host for all the downloads.

dariolob, pashinator, don't you happen to have the older releases? I've lost them, and multiupload is down too, so can't get them. It would help me if you could upload them, so I can upload them to the new host!

I should have 1.3.1 on my pc :)

L

LastStandingDroid

ju ned a better hosst :I

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham

Did you know your current link is flagged by NOD32 ?

You might want to get in-touch with them to sort it out

Code:
	Access denied

Details:	 
Web page:	http://fonix232.co.cc/files/index.php?dir=/TF101/TouchWiz
Comment:	Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous contents.

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

Code:
	Access denied

Details:	 
Comment:	Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous contents.

Oh great. My old site, what was there, got flooded by spambots, so I unregistered the address from the DNS server, and some elements got hold on it (until now). I think that might have made Eset to block my site.

You can access it though, by disabling Web Protection in ESS. I can assure you, there is nothing harmful on my site, as it's a fresh SixServe Free package, and I've installed WordPress on it with a script install engine, and uploaded the file lister from a safe environment.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Oh great. My old site, what was there, got flooded by spambots, so I unregistered the address from the DNS server, and some elements got hold on it (until now). I think that might have made Eset to block my site.

You can access it though, by disabling Web Protection in ESS. I can assure you, there is nothing harmful on my site, as it's a fresh SixServe Free package, and I've installed WordPress on it with a script install engine, and uploaded the file lister from a safe environment.

Thanks yea I trust your link, just thought you might want to let them know ;)

wolf849

Mar 19, 2009

Code:
	Access denied

Details:	 

it is probably because *.co.cc domain name

go to advanced than "http settings" and find "exceptions"
paste *fonix232.co.cc* (with * to unlock domain) and apply

that should do the trick

Cheers

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Hmm it seems there is some malware on your site - I added your domain to the exceptions list, loaded up your site and NOD32 popped up with a trojan alert

Capture.PNG

nuovodna

Jul 21, 2010
Rome
md5 sum

Hi, i just noticed on your site that the latest mod to TFWiz_v1.4.0.zip was made on 25th Jan but i see the latest version was released on 23th.
Can you post md5 sum of the correct .zip file?

Regards and thanks for your effort

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hi, i just noticed on your site that the latest mod to TFWiz_v1.4.0.zip was made on 25th Jan but i see the latest version was released on 23th.
Can you post md5 sum of the correct .zip file?

Regards and thanks for your effort

That is the correct zip file, it's only modified on today because the SixServe package I've requested as my server got only activated today, so I uploaded it a few hours ago. It's the same as the one released before.

Reactions: nuovodna

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TFWiz - TouchWiz for the Transformer
    Thanks to paulbrennan, I was finally able to fix the initial screen rotation of the TouchWiz port, and to have a clean one, started one from the beginning.
    This project does not only aims to port the TouchWiz ROMs to our device, but to have a full-blown Samsung experience, as good as on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 itself (and of course, a lot better than stock performance).

Working:
    - Boots (using Roach's 1.8.1 Prime kernel)
    - Display, with background light control
    - HW Accel
    - Touchscreen
    - MiniApps
    - Internal SD mounting
    - Dock
    - Screenshot button
    - the whole UI, most of the Samsung apps
    - ADB

Not working:
    - Audio (libaudio requires multiple library changes, Settings crashes on Audio page)
    - WiFi (something about the WPA Supplicant)
    - Bluetooth (had no time to check it out)
    - GPS
    - Sensors (rotation, battery temp, etc. This is the cause of the annoying popup of disabled charging. Also battery display begins to blink after a time, then disappears. Possibly related)
    - Camera
    - Some of the Samsung apps
    - MTP USB (needs the MTP binaries and settings from a stock TF101 ROM)
    - External SD mounting and display under Settings (first one needs updated vold, second one needs whole system edit - the Galaxy Tab 10.1 has no microSD slot!) Display currently does not work!
    - Hardware video decoding
    - Sleep mode (apparently, a wakelock takes the system and won't let it sleep properly)
    - Possibly a lot more things

Color code:
    RED - not yet started
    ORANGE - began the initial work to fix it
    BLUE - began working on it, initially fixed, needs further polishing
    GREEN - Fixed for a daily usage

Info:
    This port uses the latest GT-P7510 firmware released, and uses TF101 blobs from the work of Roach2010 (thanks buddy for your hard work!). Screen rotation fix by paulburton (who is also maintaining the public device tree for AOSP of our tab, good luck on the exams!), and other small kernel mishaps by me (no, seriously. I can't do kernel stuff. Just diffed and copied important things).

IMPORTANT

THIS ROM IS CURRENTLY NOT FOR DAY-TO-DAY USAGE. CONSIDER IT ALPHA, AND INSTALL IT ON YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY. I WON'T TAKE ANY WARRANTY IF YOUR DEVICE GETS BRICKED, DIES, BREAKS, BLOWS UP, GETS EATEN BY SHARKS, OR FOR ANYTHING ELSE.

This release is mostly for other developers (not wannabe-developers, we're talking about serious debugging with DDMS, fixing **** up, and not borking them! I'm not saying you're not allowed to try, I'm just saying to do not publish untested, not-for-sure working fixes!), and not for the everyday user - if you consider yourself the latter, please, stay away from this for now!

Everyone is free to re-publish this ROM, in this very topic, with added fixes - however, if you plan to publish it on any other site, please, ask for my permission! I'll surely let you post it, with the proper credits given (and a link back to this thread)

Installation guide:
    1. Copy the zip to your external SD card
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Do a backup of your current system
    4. Flash the zip, then reboot, and wait
    5. Now get your ass to work, and fix some stuff you can :D

Please, if you decide to fix things in it, post about it, so we won't work on the same stuff! This will make things go more efficiently!

THINGS TO FIX (PRIORITY ORDER):
    1. Hardware Video Decoding
    2. MTP
    3. Camera
    4. Add optimizations for the best experience
    5. Battery icon blinking

Releases:
    2012.01.23 - TFWiz v1.4.0
    Changelog:
    - Rebased on P7510XEUKL2
    - Fixed Audio under Settings
    - FIXED/B] audio (thanks to dariolob)
    - FIXED deep sleep (thanks to dariolob)
    - FIXED shutdown (wait for the Samsung logo to disappear, and after a few secs it will shut down properly!)
    - Modified WiFi buffer sizes (thanks to dariolob)
    - Enabled proper hardware acceleration (thanks to dariolob)
    - Initial work on video encoding (still not working)
    - Updated Market, Maps, Google Music and Samsung Apps
    - Added some missing Samsung Apps (live wallpapers, Readers Hub)

DUE TO REBASING, THIS UPDATE (AND ANY FURTHER 1.x.0 UPDATE) NEEDS COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE APPLYING!

2012.01.18 - TFWiz v1.3.1
    Changelog:
    - Fixed GApps with proper HC ones - no more GMail, Browser, etc Force Close, proper sync, updates can be grabbed from the Market

2012.01.17 - TFWiz v1.3
    Changelog:
    - FIXED : BT now works
    - Fixed SuperUser permissions
    - Changed GApps "updated" to the 2011-11-25 ICS one to fix updates from Market
    - Added more audio related libs (audio now works on jack out, mic not tested)
    - Added initial GPS files
    - Added more MTP fixups
    - Removed Samsung FOTA service to prevent further problems with official Samsung updates

2012.01.16 - TFWiz v1.2
    Changelog:
    - FIXED : WiFi now works (thanks goes to RaYmAn for assistance over IRC)
    - Fixed external SD mounting (and probably dock mounting too)
    - Fixed Samsung Apps
    - Enabled HW Accel in Launcher, also removed a lot of pre-added bloatware from the initial Launcher view

2012.01.16 - TFWiz v1.1
    Changelog:
    - Fixed battery popup
    - Fixed InstallScript - now auto-formats system
    - Fixed Sensors - screen won't rotate, but Motion Activation works
    - Added BT firmwares and control lib
    - Added SuperUser and root su
    - Added camera libs - still crashes (can't set camera parameters)

2012.01.16 - Initial release v1.0
    Changelog:
    - Initial fixes, see first part

I'm aware of the problem and in contact with the host about that. Please be patient I'm hoping to solve it as soon as possible!

You can use this link for your latest build for now if you like, I have upped it to my site, the server is on loan from a friend so if he calls too much bandwidth being used I`ll have to pull it.

But for now, this is your latest build 1.4.0 ;) You're welcome to stick it on your main post.

www.portableandroid.co.uk/downloads/TFWiz_v1.4.0.zip
    Release v1.2 is uploading, with fixed WiFi.
    I'm going now for tomorrow, planned fixes to work on:
    - Audio (pretty hard nut to crack)
    - Bluetooth

EDIT:

Seems like I could get audio working through the headphones (added some mods, dunno if they are related or not). Will test more tomorrow.
    This seems awesome, pretty impressive since this isn't a Samsung hardware built tablet, I wish I had this tablet. Just a question, if touchwiz is possible on here, would the Sense 1.1 for tablets also be able to be ported?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

Nope, HTC all based their tablets on Snapdragon CPUs - the libraries, and binaries won't work.

Excellent work, feels very smooth, i´m liking it a lot, one issue can´t get market to work :s

yes it is really smooth and it feels faster than pure hc. But stull a few bugs : Android market shows server error, gmail crash, and autorotate doesn't work for me.

It's very promising, bravo and thanks again !

As I said in my last post, Market is borked because of the ICS things. After a while, GMail crashes will stop. About auto-rotation - same. First post mentions it as not working.

Please people, STOP providing such info as "this isn't working", and that's double if it IS mentioned! If you want to report something, get logcat reports of it, anything I can read from the device, so I can try and fix it! Thanks!
    Now uploading 1.3.1 with fixed GApps, soon linked!