Thanks Meter: 23,027

By pengus77, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2013, 06:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th February 2013, 01:39 AM |#1521  
Flag Venice Beach
Thanks Meter: 169

More
R: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][011p4 - 2013/02/03] Kowalski Kernel
@robbie : Did you go to Kovalski manager and put PSP on.
I did like this but wifi tx power it's personal and depends on your modem capacity
I've 2-5% max battery drain hour
With no 3g when under wifi

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359941935637.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1701773  
4th February 2013, 03:45 AM |#1522  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

Oops i did it again
This is another maintenance release, nothing really major slipped in, but brings fixes for a couple of nasty bugs (fast charge on the old bl and the shutdown crash). But i really can't just upload bugfixes releases, can't it ? It's not in my nature... so, well, i added Boost Pulse to give you a little bit more project butter experience

011p4 - 2013/02/03 - Bugfixes and some goodies
* Backported OnDemand governor from kernel 3.2
* Added Boost Pulse support in the kernel for Interactive and OnDemand governors
* Added tegra.power.so blob to the installer
* Optimized CFQ and BFQ schedulers
* Fixed shutdown crash
* Fixed USB fast charge on the old bootloader
* Updated Kowalski Manager to the latest version
All new releases from now on will be pushed to my folder on XDA Fileserver here in the Releases subfolder. From time to time you'll see kernels popping up in the Testing_DONT_DOWNLOAD folder... well... don't download them

Update: I'll keep pushing 011pX updates until The Next Big Thing™ is stable as a rock, so mostly small updates if the kernel is reliable... but something big is coming your way

hiya pengus your latest kernel 011p4, has no shutdown bugs. my phone can shutdown properly right now. big thanks m8 and keep the good work.
4th February 2013, 03:50 AM |#1523  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Re: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][011p4 - 2013/02/03] Kowalski Kernel
could any1 try tap tap app from playstore...it doesn't work for me on tony's PA

also i noticed that battery monitor widget is not able to record stats when in deep sleep

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium
4th February 2013, 04:43 AM |#1524  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachit_rox

could any1 try tap tap app from playstore...it doesn't work for me on tony's PA

also i noticed that battery monitor widget is not able to record stats when in deep sleep

use better battery stats instead of battery monitor widget. there is the program on xda. just google it.
The Following User Says Thank You to antec123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antec123 Ad-Free
4th February 2013, 08:03 AM |#1525  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Kernel working great here:thumbup: gj

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2
4th February 2013, 09:44 AM |#1526  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antec123

use better battery stats instead of battery monitor widget. there is the program on xda. just google it.

could you or any1 else please give tap tap app a try...plz

4th February 2013, 09:48 AM |#1527  
Flag Zadar
Thanks Meter: 627

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachit_rox

could you or any1 else please give tap tap app a try...plz

Try posting in the rom thread in the general section as this is a kernel thread.

link to the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1813113
4th February 2013, 10:15 AM |#1528  
Flag Praha
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Profiling
Hi pengus77 I just want to ask you if you can publicly release the vmlinux file of your great kernel. I know it is useless for BFU but I try to profile system with some glitches (some applications are opening way tooooo slow - for example opening Configuration takes about 20secs) so I profile it and sees the 70% is in kernel. I don't want to say the issue is in kernel, but want to see if I have made some bad customization which prevents this slowness.
Anyway thank you - without Kowalski kernel the CM10.1 is useless...
The Following User Says Thank You to Keltek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Keltek Ad-Free
4th February 2013, 01:04 PM |#1529  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltek

Hi pengus77 I just want to ask you if you can publicly release the vmlinux file of your great kernel. I know it is useless for BFU but I try to profile system with some glitches (some applications are opening way tooooo slow - for example opening Configuration takes about 20secs) so I profile it and sees the 70% is in kernel. I don't want to say the issue is in kernel, but want to see if I have made some bad customization which prevents this slowness.
Anyway thank you - without Kowalski kernel the CM10.1 is useless...

Yeah, you can compile the source for this kernel from github and test on the output if you want... but i don't seem to have any slowdown or lag here, nor other users are reporting something like this, so i guess it's some weird stuff you did on your phone that slows it down big time.
About the vmlinux binary, now it'a bit of a mess to recreate it: i had to reset back to an "old" state on my local repo to compile this kernel and now i switched back to head to keep developing, so please if you really want to profile it (which could be cool anyway) compile it yourself
4th February 2013, 01:12 PM |#1530  
Flag Praha
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Thank you such a gentle kick
4th February 2013, 01:15 PM |#1531  
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

Update: I'll keep pushing 011pX updates until The Next Big Thing™ is stable as a rock, so mostly small updates if the kernel is reliable... but something big is coming your way

Really?
  • Can't see how stability can increase any more than today. Seems like you have reached the top of the mountain.
  • OCing? Never used it and never will find it the need to.
  • Battery consumption? Simply a beauty to look at the batter percentage through usage - Can't see how that should improve any more either.
  • Both WiFi reception and battery usage when using WiFi can't be complained about.
  • HDMI? Really? Pff, please. HDMI is used once a year and can be replaced by a memory card haha.
  • Incoming/outgoing calls? Volume could be higher as its pretty low sometimes. Not the biggest issue, though.
  • No bugs, no shutdowns/reboots. Kernel is as smooth as a smoothie.
  • Perfection has been reached, kick back and relax.
  • Enjoy the kernel as it is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custom40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Custom40 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)