[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 (JellyBean) Nightly Builds for SGH-T769

Search This thread

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This phone isn't my daily driver, so I only tested a few things, and only slightly:

Known Bugs:
  • Screen of Death: This is a CM10 bug, many other devices are afflicted, not just the blaze. Many people are working hard to fix this.
  • UI action sounds may not work at first. Adjust the volume with the volume buttons, the sounds will then work fine. This is a known CM10 bug
  • BLN is wonky. Working on getting us merged with the stable version native to CM10.
  • Fixed 20121103+ : WiFi generates a random MAC address with each boot.
  • Camera: Flash can't be disabled
  • Camera: Storage location cannot be changed. This isn't really a bug, however if the interest is great enough, I might try and figure out a way to change the system default storage location.
  • Other things maybe? Discuss in the thread...

How to get it:
Download: http://get.cm/?device=t769 (ChangeLog)
Or download it directly through ROM Manager or CM Updater.

Google Apps:
Make sure to download and install the JellyBean GApps
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DO A FACTORY/DATA RESET BEFORE USING THIS. This isn't up for debate. A reset of the dalvik cache helps too. If you do a dirty flash, please make sure to do a dalvik cache wipe. If you have searched this forum for a problem and haven't found it, please do a nandroid backup, then a full factory/data reset and check to see if you still have the problem. If it still persists AFTER the factory/data reset, then report it here.

Thank You!
CyanogenMod Team (all of you, seriously, you guys are awesome)
SGH-T989 Devs (all of you, cuz I basically stole all your configs) :)
ShabbyPenguin & PlayfulGod for encouraging me when times looked grim.
UberPinguin and others on #jb-dev-e4gt for helping me get all of this work into CM proper
Oreo, my dog, for licking me whenever I needed it.

Older Versions (don't use if you can help it).
For older/legacy/test/unofficial versions of my work, you can find them (for a while at least) here: My Funhouse. Please take care and all necessary steps to verify MD5 sums before installing any zips.

Last edited:

Bulletblitz27

May 3, 2012
NYC
Is the buttons the only issue? I wouldn't mind testing it out :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda premium

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Is the buttons the only issue? I wouldn't mind testing it out :p

The buttons is a fairly big issue... Figuring out how to get back home is troublesome to say the least. Plus, my zip doesn't have the right drivers baked in... I may re-package and include a link to a zip to enable the soft keys (like on a galaxy nexus), just to get some navigation....

I can't really test calls since this isn't my regular phone. I know the external speaker works because I get sound effects... lemme see about re-packaging. Maybe I'll upload something more tonight.

Otherwise, the front and rear cams work, the rotation is proper.. there are things in the log cat about the compass not working, I'll figure that out soon enough...

Bulletblitz27

May 3, 2012
NYC
The buttons is a fairly big issue... Figuring out how to get back home is troublesome to say the least. Plus, my zip doesn't have the right drivers baked in... I may re-package and include a link to a zip to enable the soft keys (like on a galaxy nexus), just to get some navigation....

I can't really test calls since this isn't my regular phone. I know the external speaker works because I get sound effects... lemme see about re-packaging. Maybe I'll upload something more tonight.

Otherwise, the front and rear cams work, the rotation is proper.. there are things in the log cat about the compass not working, I'll figure that out soon enough...

Sounds good! I'm willing to wait till it's more stable like everyone else, so no rush :)

theprogram1

Jun 22, 2012
Baltimore
in gingerbread settings.db helped me bring back the soft buttons working in some of the ports maybe we can use ics settings.db to replace this?

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
in gingerbread settings.db helped me bring back the soft buttons working in some of the ports maybe we can use ics settings.db to replace this?

No... I'm fairly sure I borked the driver.

Part of the thing I did was to actually forward port the T769 (and I577, need to let those guys know...) changes from the Samsung source releases into the CM kernel proper.

theprogram1

Jun 22, 2012
Baltimore
No... I'm fairly sure I borked the driver.

Part of the thing I did was to actually forward port the T769 (and I577, need to let those guys know...) changes from the Samsung source releases into the CM kernel proper.
Oh okay but I can't download chrome said the website is malicious. here is the picture

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 809

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Oh okay but I can't download chrome said the website is malicious. here is the picture

I can tell you that the link I posted was/should be safe. I'm sorry Norton doesn't think so, but a number of others have downloaded and installed the ROM. The md5sum for the zip file is posted on the first page of this thread. If you're concerned, simply download the zip and then verify the md5sum. As long as they match, you should be safe.

theprogram1

Jun 22, 2012
Baltimore
Guys I am sorry but didn't mean to offend anyone.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Not concerned though but how do I verify the md5sum?

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Guys I am sorry but didn't mean to offend anyone.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Not concerned though but how do I verify the md5sum?

search for "WinMD5", it's a windows based md5 summer. You can put in the file and your expected md5 value, it will tell you the actual value as well as if they match.

It's generally good idea to verify md5 sums just to make sure you don't get bad flashes, especially with Radio's.

badboy68

Jul 28, 2010
Turn off security then download, this ROM working for me, all except touch button

cm10 *****ES

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Folks, I uploaded a temporary fix for the nav keys on the first post.

This is to be flashed from CWM ON TOP of an existing CM10 install. It overwrites the kernel, modules, and replaces the build.prop to remove the soft navbar.

This is temporary because I basically used the Samsung released drivers for the hard keys. I need to figure out what the hell I need to do to port into the cm10 version of the driver.

As a consequence of being the stock driver, there's no BLN or other niceties. Just the typical stock behavior. I don't know how this will play with the CM specific key backlight settings.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Hey guys do you think I can use this as a base to port JB roms from galaxy S II?

You could probably do it if you just pull the kernel and kernel modules... you might be able to get something going that way... you'd have to watch a logcat to figure out which other libraries you'd have to copy in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This phone isn't my daily driver, so I only tested a few things, and only slightly:

Known Bugs:
    • Screen of Death: This is a CM10 bug, many other devices are afflicted, not just the blaze. Many people are working hard to fix this.
    • UI action sounds may not work at first. Adjust the volume with the volume buttons, the sounds will then work fine. This is a known CM10 bug
    • BLN is wonky. Working on getting us merged with the stable version native to CM10.
    • Fixed 20121103+ : WiFi generates a random MAC address with each boot.
    • Camera: Flash can't be disabled
    • Camera: Storage location cannot be changed. This isn't really a bug, however if the interest is great enough, I might try and figure out a way to change the system default storage location.
    • Other things maybe? Discuss in the thread...

How to get it:
    Download: http://get.cm/?device=t769 (ChangeLog)
    Or download it directly through ROM Manager or CM Updater.

Google Apps:
    Make sure to download and install the JellyBean GApps
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DO A FACTORY/DATA RESET BEFORE USING THIS. This isn't up for debate. A reset of the dalvik cache helps too. If you do a dirty flash, please make sure to do a dalvik cache wipe. If you have searched this forum for a problem and haven't found it, please do a nandroid backup, then a full factory/data reset and check to see if you still have the problem. If it still persists AFTER the factory/data reset, then report it here.

Thank You!
    CyanogenMod Team (all of you, seriously, you guys are awesome)
    SGH-T989 Devs (all of you, cuz I basically stole all your configs) :)
    ShabbyPenguin & PlayfulGod for encouraging me when times looked grim.
    UberPinguin and others on #jb-dev-e4gt for helping me get all of this work into CM proper
    Oreo, my dog, for licking me whenever I needed it.

Older Versions (don't use if you can help it).
    For older/legacy/test/unofficial versions of my work, you can find them (for a while at least) here: My Funhouse. Please take care and all necessary steps to verify MD5 sums before installing any zips.
    Hi folks,

The LPM fixes were pushed into CM10 today, so charging should work properly now when the phone is off. The 10/30 nightly forward should have that fix.
    Alright... It's out. Thanks to everyone for your support, it really meant a bunch to me!

The original post is now updated to reflect the official download location. I'll continue to update it throughout the day to make it look more official.

As for CM10, there are still 4 things I'm working on for you all (in no particular order):
    • Finish the BLN implementation to be correct with CM's
    • Fix the random WiFi MAC bug
    • refine the CM device profile (i.e... get rid of notification LED's we don't have)
    • clean up on aisle 4

Outside of that, as far as I can tell, this ROM is as stable as it's gonna get from my interaction.

I have a 3 week deadline to do these things, mostly because I'll be losing this phone at that time. The whole reason I did this port was so that I could have a phone to give to my mom that wasn't running TouchWiz, because I knew it would confuse her and frustrate me. My mom's renewal comes up at the end of the month, so at that time I'll be out.

My hope in getting you guys official was to leave you with an official and recurring source of new ROM's and support. My changes are all mainline now, so someone else can pick up the torch and run with it. PLEASE don't be afraid to try and contribute. This is the first time I've done ANYTHING like this, and the response has been incredible. I'm not a programmer... at best I've programmed in interpretted languages (php, bash), what people would call scripts. By trade I'm a Linux System's Administrator with about 15 years experience, and I've had to hack support for X into Y all along the way. I got my start building packages, and there's no reason others can't also. Please don't be discouraged by the mysticism of it all. Get in there and play. Fail and try again till it's right and the way you want. No one gets anywhere by not trying :)

Along the way I've gotten to interact and work with some great people (already mentioned in the OP), ShabbyPenguin, PlayfulGod, UberPinguin... these guys have been awesome. Thank you for all your help.

And with that, please enjoy the forward moving nightlies. They really are starting to come together :)
    BLN,Yay, mostly :)

Ok, so, guess what. My nemesis... BLN... is done. However it's not all sugar and rosewater.

Melfas (Cypress Touchkey) Driver: I finally finished porting us into the new CM10 based driver. Starting with the 11/10 build, you should see that being more stable. It works great (so long as you aren't in the middle of getting a notification).

BLN (Button Light Notifications): A few problems here. 1) Seems I accidently removed this feature when I cleaned up the device during my LPM craze. Looks like even though we don't have a notification LED, we need the setting so that the BLN will work. So, hopefully that'll get approved by tonight, if not, then most likely tomorrow. 2) BLN still isn't 100% unbuggy. Occassionally if you unlock during a notification, the lights won't come on (sorta like what happens now when you unlock the phone) and you have to wait until a little timeout period before they'll come back one their own. This doesn't always happen, but it does. C'est la vie.

After talking to some of the devs, it was explained to me that the changes to the driver weren't necessarily to get the notifications more stable, it was about getting the device more stables. Seems the old driver would, on occassion, make the display unresponsive and occassionally lock up the entire device. I don't know if this is the problem we're seeing. But who knows, maybe it'll help some people.

SoD's are still a problem, but supposedly they're showing up less and less on the other msm8660 platforms. So we'll see...

Keep an eye on the change log. The first of the patches already showed up scheduled for the next nightly. Once the second shows up, I'll be done with the BLN :)

These changes should also trickle down to the other ROMs that use the CM kernel and infrastructure, so look for it to work there too. Enjoy!
    10/17 unofficial uploaded

Hi folks,

PS> Please keep the comments to the Q&A thread so that everyone will get a chance to see this message. Thanks :)

With any luck nightlies will begin again either tonight or tomorrow night, pending approval of my patch. For those that are impatient, I ran a 10/17 nightly.

There's a 20121017 unofficial build loaded into my Dropbox. If you are impatient for official builds, feel free to install it. I don't really know what all has changed. To me, it feels just a little faster on draws. Project butter seems to be taking hold now that they changed where the vsync code lives. Take a look at the changelog for our device and all those changes are basically what exists in this build.

Guys, I can't stress this enough. KERNEL'S PRIOR TO 20121017 WILL NOT WORK WITH THE NEW BUILD. You will have a permanant screen death of death. The bln-fix that you are all so fond of won't work on this build. Sorry. However, the BLN drivers are identical in this compared to the one in the BLN fix.

What IS NOT updated: BLN is still buggy, sorry. I haven't had time to hack on it on account of everything being broken. WiFi still generates random MAC addresses. I may fix this by running a build using the T769 released wifi drivers to assemble a flashable kernel that you guys can apply over the existing nightlies.

That being said, visit my dropbox, which is linked at the bottom of the first post. I won't get anymore specific than that.

Also... I've been going non-stop with this project, so I plan to sleep for a few days. If you don't see anything else from me after tonight, don't expect anything possibly till the late weekend. I need to plan a vacation :)