CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Incredible 2 :DINC2: V7.1.0-Beta1 (3 July 2011)

Search This thread

suprdave2

Jun 25, 2011
Any idea when cyanogenmod will be out of beta and considered stable for the inc 2? I Have no desire to beta test software, need my phone working correctly :D

androidxen

Aug 18, 2010
Any idea when cyanogenmod will be out of beta and considered stable for the inc 2? I Have no desire to beta test software, need my phone working correctly :D

I'm guessing you're not familiar with Cyanogenmod - the nightlies lead directly to beta/stable builds. I haven't found using a stable Cyanogen any more advantageous over using the latest nightly build. Yes, they do name something the "Stable" build, but whatever bugs that do end up appearing, if any at all, don't simply disappear in the stable builds. In fact, keeping up with nightly builds makes it a much better experience.

That's just my experience. I wouldn't worry about "beta test software" quality when it comes to Cyanogen.

ruvort

Aug 4, 2010
I would appreciate it if people would stop telling me to "chill out" when I am explaining something, because if you don't like my explanations, it's really too bad for you. I could care less.

Well how about cell standby. I know for a fact its not normal to be ABOVE display on the list. Especially by almost double what display usage is showing. This is with heavy screen usage as well.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

InkedRoughNeck

Jun 25, 2011
Baltimore
Is there any way of getting sense Widgets ported to this? The ones in market are shotty. If I didn't care for sense of have gotten the charge but HTC and there UI is fantastic IMO. CM7 has however tons of customized options I wonder of there will b a happy medium if ever. Also what kernel was used in this beta the quadrant score was SIIIIICK!!!!! wish I could get close to it on sence UI ( was above 2k)

cvo515

Dec 8, 2010
Is there any way of getting sense Widgets ported to this? The ones in market are shotty. If I didn't care for sense of have gotten the charge but HTC and there UI is fantastic IMO. CM7 has however tons of customized options I wonder of there will b a happy medium if ever. Also what kernel was used in this beta the quadrant score was SIIIIICK!!!!! wish I could get close to it on sence UI ( was above 2k)

Try using Launcher Pro Plus from the market. Its probably the closest you'll get. And beautiful Widgets is a must

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

Reactions: InkedRoughNeck

suprdave2

Jun 25, 2011
Has anyone noticed that the automatic light sensor on CM seems to make the screen much dimmer than stock 2.2 does?

How do I get it to act like the stock automatic sensor does? There's so many dang options under cyanogenmod settings for it that I'm lost.

MJL99

Apr 9, 2010
Akron, Ohio
I would appreciate it if people would stop telling me to "chill out" when I am explaining something, because if you don't like my explanations, it's really too bad for you. I could care less.

lol whatever. i could care less as well. what about the rest of my post, able to answer that?

My 3g arrows don't flash with this build but they do on stock, is that a non supported feature too or just a bug?

Reactions: attn1

melgibson666

Jun 14, 2011
Has anyone noticed that the automatic light sensor on CM seems to make the screen much dimmer than stock 2.2 does?

How do I get it to act like the stock automatic sensor does? There's so many dang options under cyanogenmod settings for it that I'm lost.

Yea the automatic light sensor makes the screen dimmer as it should've been when they shipped the INC2, I mean I never used it when I was running the stock ROM because it would drain the hell out of my battery. With CM7 I'm getting extreme amounts of battery life now. CM7=love of my life.

suprdave2

Jun 25, 2011
I actually want the opposite, I want the screen brighter than CM7 is making it when set to auto-brightness. Imo it's too dim in CM7

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
You can tweak the brightness levels to be exactly how you want. Just search "cm7 backlight settings". There are lots of posts where people have shared their settings and you can use those as a starting point.

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
ThatWell I've been using this for a few hours now and everything seems to be working. Its also much faster/smoother then the stock which is really nice.
the only downside is that when the battery gets to 90% the green light comes on indicating a full charge(when it isn't). Also, when I'm typing the keyboard occasionally disappears.

[EDIT]: sorry about the thumbs down. One of the times that the keyboard disappeared I accidentally selected it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a beta, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Incredible 2, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. (Required)
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2
    Download: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2-signed.zip
    Mirror: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2-signed.zip

MD5sum: 1f48933fa432f53cef392fdcd2db0872

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110613
    Mirror: link
    Mirror: link
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    it ain't official. we got hookked up

It's about as official as it gets. It's a pre-release beta. It's not on the CM site yet because my stuff was just now merged into the CM repository.

an RC is on it's way soon - probably when RC2 hits. :)
    Call me crazy, but I don't get why anyone would swap the stock Sense UI on the HTC Incredible 2 for CM7. I just did, and it was like going in the way-back machine to Froyo days, or something. I'm rooted and S-Off'd and all that. I really don't see the point.

It's posts like these that add no value to the thread that make them impossible to navigate for useful feedback for all the garbage sub-threading it generates . If you don't care for a project, why not move along, rather than make inane, offensive, trolling remarks about something you obviously have no understanding of?

This thread is for discussion of a specific part of a very large development, and not for off-topic general banter about absolute nonsense.
    This hasn't been updated for almost three months...follow the nightlies and no they have yet to fix it

i have made a lot of progress on audio source, but nightlies build still use prebuilt audio

probably we can switch to our source audio soon ...