FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Jay's Recipe for Buttery Goodness (cross-posted from AF) (REVISED! 10/10/12)

996 posts
Thanks Meter: 900

Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2012, 08:23 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Aristide

b) the 1.0.5b kernel with ramdisk (if you're already running a custom ROM with init.d support, you don't need this, nor do you need to create /system/etc/init.d in a future step)

Any idea why when I install this kernel my nexus refuses to boot? It goes to a black screen after the bootloader, and recovery refuses to start as well. The only way I can fix it is to boot into fastboot and then restore it back to stock. I've tried with both the stock OS and Paranoidandroid 1.992

Any ideas?

29th August 2012, 09:13 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Jay/et al - Everything working brilliantly here. One question:

I realized after the fact that I wasn't sure what the default voltage table is. I nuked the init.d cpu script generated by System Tuner but still wasn't sure if it was pulling in data from it's own prefs for the previously assigned voltage table.

So that I have an idea how far down I'm pushing it in System Tuner, what's the "normal" 1600 voltage supposed to be?

This is a great setup, very smooth, very fast. Kudos.
29th August 2012, 10:36 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu

Just use the files in farmberbb's zip.

Where is this zip ??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
29th August 2012, 10:52 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 857

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie743

Where is this zip ??

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=33
29th August 2012, 11:59 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Thanks for linking. I'm on a nightly build of cm10. Do I still have to use the kernel posted in the op?

I did set all the other settings and more files set permissions and still getting pretty mod benchmark scores

29th August 2012, 01:32 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'm trying to get zRAM enabled. It's my understanding that you can check it by running free or busybox free in terminal but my swap is always 0. I've done the chmod fix posted here with no luck (root mounted, such, etc.). I've deleted the init.d folder, cleared dalvik, and started the guide over from scratch, re applied the fix, and still no luck. Any advice?

Turns out the busybox directory was bin not xbin. It's still not working. Script manager says it doesn't have permission.
29th August 2012, 02:33 PM |#107  
Flag Lubbock, Texas
Thanks Meter: 637

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu

To drop it to -75mV instead of the -100mV in the OP, do I have to change it in the script or can I just do it through System Tuner?

Change it in system tuner. Just tap -25 three times

Kendall
The Following User Says Thank You to kendallc123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kendallc123 Ad-Free
29th August 2012, 04:05 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dyer, Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 900

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ951

Any idea why when I install this kernel my nexus refuses to boot? It goes to a black screen after the bootloader, and recovery refuses to start as well. The only way I can fix it is to boot into fastboot and then restore it back to stock. I've tried with both the stock OS and Paranoidandroid 1.992

Any ideas?

None, whatsoever. Even if you only flashed 1.0.5, it boots fine on our device..
29th August 2012, 04:27 PM |#109  
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,698

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Aristide

None, whatsoever. Even if you only flashed 1.0.5, it boots fine on our device..

Jay I experienced the same thing when I first tried the method in your OP. I was on stock rooted at the time and flashing the 1.05 followed by 1.11 caused a hang. Tablet wouldn't boot.
29th August 2012, 07:51 PM |#110  
Flag Limassol, Cyprus
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Ok so my battery drain issue might have been because of my battery. Battery Calibration app says I have 4mV on a full charge while it should be around 4200 mV. Any thoughts?
30th August 2012, 01:28 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've yet to see a N7 kernel that supports voltage reporting. Kind of annoying since I religiously use current widget. Regardless the N7 is consistent with battery reporting, calibration wouldn't be the issue.

The minimum voltage on a mobile device is between 3.5 and 3.7. Anything less than that and the device wouldn't be on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)