FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which version of Salty Bean runs the best for you?

Devil

24 Vote(s)
58.54%
Semaphore

17 Vote(s)
41.46%

[Rom][4.2.2]Rootbox Salty Bean SE - Updated 03/14/13[Final]

1,168 posts
Thanks Meter: 805

By dave71670, Senior Member on 18th September 2012, 08:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2012, 02:43 PM |#101  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 456

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZiEebOi

So installed ROM but when trying to update Google search and xda app from the store gives me error message package was not signed correctly and to uninstall the app and reinstall it...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

I know that the xda app is part of the install package and has been themed by dave so the signature could be off. My guess would be the same for the google search. What I find strange is why you're having to update either of them. I installed the latest and haven't been prompted to update either one.

26th September 2012, 04:08 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wausau

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So installed ROM but when trying to update Google search and xda app from the store gives me error message package was not signed correctly and to uninstall the app and reinstall it...

Just to get a little more info on the problem you are experiencing, are you running stock out of the box or what changes have you made? ie..changed dpi, tablet mode, etc...

Edit: I have experienced this with other jb roms with apps that are put on system instead of putting into data that market installs to.. Fixing permissions in recovery may resolve the issue.
26th September 2012, 04:48 PM |#103  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave71670

Just to get a little more info on the problem you are experiencing, are you running stock out of the box or what changes have you made? ie..changed dpi, tablet mode, etc...

Edit: I have experienced this with other jb roms with apps that are put on system instead of putting into data that market installs to.. Fixing permissions in recovery may resolve the issue.

I am running this ROM right out of the box and was in the play store and noticed update was by Google search and xda app so I decided to update but with that error .. also I think I was able to add a few other options to the lock screen but cannot find it in this version .. but am happy with this ROM thank you once again

26th September 2012, 04:56 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wausau

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am running this ROM right out of the box and was in the play store and noticed update was by Google search and xda app so I decided to update but with that error .. also I think I was able to add a few other options to the lock screen but cannot find it in this version .. but am happy with this ROM thank you once again

If you are referring to the lockscreen targets, they are not merged as of yet. The gapps package is signed correctly so I would redownload gapps and reflash them over current to try and solve the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to dave71670 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dave71670 Ad-Free
26th September 2012, 04:59 PM |#105  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 456

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave71670

I just explored what he was talking about and sure enough when I go into play store it does show an update available. The odd thing is xda doesn't show listed in my apps. I have to do a search for it and then it shows I need an update. I also get the same error when trying to install.

Then I got to thinking about what you said above about being in system. Sure enough xda is installed in /system/app/. Tried fixing permissions and updating again. Same error.
The Following User Says Thank You to m1batt1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1batt1 Ad-Free
26th September 2012, 05:07 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wausau

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1batt1

I just explored what he was talking about and sure enough when I go into play store it does show an update available. The odd thing is xda doesn't show listed in my apps. I have to do a search for it and then it shows I need an update. I also get the same error when trying to install.

Then I got to thinking about what you said above about being in system. Sure enough xda is installed in /system/app/. Tried fixing permissions and updating again. Same error.

Yea I may have to put some apps on data on next release. Until then you can delete apps with root browser and reinstall updated from store.

The Following User Says Thank You to dave71670 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dave71670 Ad-Free
26th September 2012, 08:40 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great job on the rom! Loving it. Only issue I have so far is that dialer always lags for me when I get a call. Pretty sure it's that pulse thing when you can choose to answer or deny. Anyways, thanks

26th September 2012, 08:58 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wausau

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow.Goose

Great job on the rom! Loving it. Only issue I have so far is that dialer always lags for me when I get a call. Pretty sure it's that pulse thing when you can choose to answer or deny. Anyways, thanks

No problem. Glad I can give back to the community.
26th September 2012, 11:28 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Do you know if I can just grab a different dialer or phone apk to change that pulse thing? Or is it impossible to do?

27th September 2012, 12:54 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What's up with gtalk????
27th September 2012, 01:11 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wausau

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow.Goose

Do you know if I can just grab a different dialer or phone apk to change that pulse thing? Or is it impossible to do?

You can grab the phone apk and contacts apk from another jb rom and push it to system/app with root browser and fix permissions to replace current but it won't be themed.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)