Anything I Should Know ??

Search This thread

Inked_

Jan 8, 2014
Hi guys

I have a 32gb nexus 7 with 3G (2012) due to be delivered tomorrow and the first thing i want to do to it is root it.

But as things change so fast i was wandering if this guide is still up to date:

Before rooting it i will be updating it to the latest kitkat firmware so i want to also make sure that the Nexus Rootkit Toolkit has been updated to be able to root the kitkat firmware ?

Also while googling (is that a word....lol) i come across a guide saying that the toolkit has problems with the 3G version nexus 7.

I also come across one that said that if something is/isn't ticked in the toolkit then it will brick the tablet. The trouble is i cant find the guide now so i need you guys t let me know if this is all still true.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks ;)

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
Hi guys

I have a 32gb nexus 7 with 3G (2012) due to be delivered tomorrow and the first thing i want to do to it is root it.

But as things change so fast i was wandering if this guide is still up to date:

Before rooting it i will be updating it to the latest kitkat firmware so i want to also make sure that the Nexus Rootkit Toolkit has been updated to be able to root the kitkat firmware ?

Also while googling (is that a word....lol) i come across a guide saying that the toolkit has problems with the 3G version nexus 7.

I also come across one that said that if something is/isn't ticked in the toolkit then it will brick the tablet. The trouble is i cant find the guide now so i need you guys t let me know if this is all still true.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks ;)

I would steer clear of toolkits. As you said they can cause more damage than they are worth and it is always beneficial to learn the tools, especially if something does go wrong. Plus you get a good feeling when it works.

I would take a look and read how to use fastboot, which will allow you to unlock your bootloader and root your device.

This is a good read: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1907796

Last edited: