[Q] "please wait while we load your data" after using chrome.

Search This thread

BrandonB1312

Mar 9, 2014
Whenever I use chrome on my nook hd plus (running the nook stock software) and press the home button the home screen has to reload it takes like 5 seconds load. It happens with some other apps to but mostly just chrome. Running nova launcher fixes this but I would like to use the stock launcher. I get the nook isn't the most powerful device on the market but
With 1.5ghz dual core proccesor with 1gb of ram it shouldn't have to do that. I've tried task managers on auto kill and even ram managers and apps that modify the built in android task manager (although I dont have root) I tried dolphin browser which seemed to work fine but would rather use chrome. Any way to fix this?

x-web

Dec 22, 2010
its memory.

Whenever I use chrome on my nook hd plus (running the nook stock software) and press the home button the home screen has to reload it takes like 5 seconds load.

Most likely its ram.
Android will unload/suspend background apps when running out of memory. As we all know browsers are memory intensive applications.
in fact the more capable your browser the more memory it will need for pages, images, plugins, additional processes such as flash, js, etc.. .

from the android dev site. application life cycle page , stopped section.
Stopped
The activity is completely obscured by another activity (the activity is now in the "background"). A stopped activity is also still alive (the Activity object is retained in memory, it maintains all state and member information, but is not attached to the window manager). However, it is no longer visible to the user and it can be killed by the system when memory is needed elsewhere.