FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 87

By darrengladysz, Senior Member on 14th January 2011, 10:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2011, 06:56 AM |#391  
Flag L dot A dot Californ I A
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustrax

probably not, but if you tell me which build you want, I'll edit it for you and send it to you when I get a chance. You're talking about the topia series, right?

Yes, exactly.. Its just that Im not a big fan of the colored themes.. Not sure but this particular one just said "base Topia HD" so Im hoping that is more stock looking (god i hope its not the xmas one) But that would be awesome of you to do... Let me know if this is even necessary (not completely sure the other DHD builds have the blurry MMS problem, just assumed almost all Sense builds had blurry MMS except CMYLXGO)

http://hotfile.com/dl/90801611/ecfb8...-Beta4.7z.html
26th January 2011, 07:03 AM |#392  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 87

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibfromoakcali

Maybe I shouldnt post this because others seem to be having problems with it but.....

I have only one SD card. I have no extra card reader.
I was able to use Magldr in usb mass storage mode to both partition my SD card, and load my android build without a problem. (After I tried it two or three times that is.) I am using the Futureshock Miui method posted early in the thread. (First boot took literally ten minutes.) but both builds are working without any lags.

Now if I could only get WP7 to unlock again, unlocker says it works but phone still says Leo70.

Anyway if you dont have a second SD card or a reader there is hope for you

OOPS: Did I forget to thank everyone in this thread and bash everyone who doesnt search before asking questions.

Good news and bad news

Good news

If wp7 is locked, the only way I got it to unlock it again is by resetting the device or reflashing wp7. You can do this in settings. There is a thread on this in the hd2 wp7 section about preventing a relock. Make sure you install unlockit.xap before you activate market. That is my solution, been 5 days and no problems since. You can activate market a few times from what I gather. There is an alternate method on the hd2 wp7 general thread.

Bad news, you have to re-install everything and probably repartition your sd.

Good luck
26th January 2011, 07:38 AM |#393  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
4 GB
Hi M8ts

I'm using 4GB (#2 : one card method)
all done WP7 Loads
SD Android loading, goes till end of CyanogenMod7 (special one for dual boot)animation
and freezzzes.(seems like just before booting the OS because i feel little vibration u know..)

What to do m8ts? Maybe I make mistakes with format? I cant do FAT32 with 32kps ,only 16...

what do u think ?
thank you.
26th January 2011, 09:36 AM |#394  
Flag Merced
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Question same here anyone got a fix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitanojr

This happens to me in NexusHD2-FRG83D v1.8, it seem that is not mounting sdcard :/, any one else has this problem??

Same here android not mounting or even registering the sd card. Anyone got a fix? i have searched and searched so i dont get flamed for not searching but its been a whole day now and no luck. Can anyone help me?
26th January 2011, 01:48 PM |#395  
Flag SouthSide of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephr5

Same here android not mounting or even registering the sd card. Anyone got a fix? i have searched and searched so i dont get flamed for not searching but its been a whole day now and no luck. Can anyone help me?

If you had read through this thread you would've found the answer answered several times... You need to use minitool partition manager to change your wp7 from logical to primary. Me and hyellow have posted that program a couple times in this thread... look back a few pages and you should find it... otherwise when I sign on with my computer I can upload it again.

Sent from my HTC bravo using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to zarathustrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zarathustrax Ad-Free
26th January 2011, 02:42 PM |#396  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustrax

If you had read through this thread you would've found the answer answered several times... You need to use minitool partition manager to change your wp7 from logical to primary. Me and hyellow have posted that program a couple times in this thread... look back a few pages and you should find it... otherwise when I sign on with my computer I can upload it again.

Sent from my HTC bravo using XDA App

I'm at my computer now, so I'll upload that file again to make it easier and so new people can find it more easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to zarathustrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zarathustrax Ad-Free
26th January 2011, 04:24 PM |#397  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Does this delete or modify the installen Windows Mobile 6.5? Thanx
26th January 2011, 04:47 PM |#398  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remotek

Does this delete or modify the installen Windows Mobile 6.5? Thanx

Installing magldr will erase wm6.5 off your phone... then you can flash either wp7 or android to the internal memory, and you can also run sd android builds from your sd card with magldr.
26th January 2011, 05:11 PM |#399  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetplums

Hi M8ts

I'm using 4GB (#2 : one card method)
all done WP7 Loads
SD Android loading, goes till end of CyanogenMod7 (special one for dual boot)animation
and freezzzes.(seems like just before booting the OS because i feel little vibration u know..)

What to do m8ts? Maybe I make mistakes with format? I cant do FAT32 with 32kps ,only 16...

what do u think ?
thank you.

Same problem for me.
26th January 2011, 07:35 PM |#400  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Just a quick question guys, what happens when I pull the battery and restart the phone? Will WP7 again repartition the whole thing? Will my android partition stay? I need to change the sim and now scared of removing the battery, haha.
26th January 2011, 07:39 PM |#401  
Flag Elyria, OH
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
"I used EASEUS ALL-IN-ONE Partition Manager Software and it worked. It is free to download and here is the link: http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm"

I was following instructions to setup WP7 on my HD2 that said to remove the SD card during installation. Problem is WP7 would not see my SD card for storage. I used this software to delete the partition then went to the about screen to reset my phone. I now have a usable sd card for WP7. Thanks for the assist!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, wp7 and android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)