FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 87

By darrengladysz, Senior Member on 14th January 2011, 10:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2011, 07:39 PM |#401  
Flag Elyria, OH
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
"I used EASEUS ALL-IN-ONE Partition Manager Software and it worked. It is free to download and here is the link: http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm"

I was following instructions to setup WP7 on my HD2 that said to remove the SD card during installation. Problem is WP7 would not see my SD card for storage. I used this software to delete the partition then went to the about screen to reset my phone. I now have a usable sd card for WP7. Thanks for the assist!
26th January 2011, 07:42 PM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetplums

Hi M8ts

I'm using 4GB (#2 : one card method)
all done WP7 Loads
SD Android loading, goes till end of CyanogenMod7 (special one for dual boot)animation
and freezzzes.(seems like just before booting the OS because i feel little vibration u know..)

What to do m8ts? Maybe I make mistakes with format? I cant do FAT32 with 32kps ,only 16...

what do u think ?
thank you.

i have same problem.
any idea?
26th January 2011, 08:19 PM |#403  
Flag SouthSide of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krdvg

Just a quick question guys, what happens when I pull the battery and restart the phone? Will WP7 again repartition the whole thing? Will my android partition stay? I need to change the sim and now scared of removing the battery, haha.

Make sure the phone is completely turned off when you take battery out... but there's no problem taking battery out... why would there be?

Sent from my HTC bravo using XDA App
26th January 2011, 09:38 PM |#404  
Flag Merced
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Question Anybody?
Thanks Zarathustrax i dont know why i didnt find that i swear i even started going through all the post in order but i didnt go through all of them. I will try minitool right now thanks for uploading!
26th January 2011, 09:51 PM |#405  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephr5

Thanks Zarathustrax i dont know why i didnt find that i swear i even started going through all the post in order but i didnt go through all of them. I will try minitool right now thanks for uploading!

Did Work for you that ? let as know.
26th January 2011, 10:08 PM |#406  
Flag Merced
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Thumbs up Confirmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by georo

Did Work for you that ? let as know.

Oh yes that friggin worked Thanks again Zarathustrax minitool to change the logical to primary. Android now can "see" the sd card. thank you soo much!
27th January 2011, 01:14 PM |#407  
Flag My House
Thanks Meter: 32

More
All worked fine, but i find that the WP7 now keeps rebooting every few minutes.

Anyone come across this?

Cheers
27th January 2011, 02:49 PM |#408  
Flag SouthSide of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman44

All worked fine, but i find that the WP7 now keeps rebooting every few minutes.

Anyone come across this?

Cheers

It might be your sd card.. what kind do you have? Wp7 is very picky when it comes to sd cards... you need one with good random access speeds.

Sent from my HTC bravo using XDA App
27th January 2011, 03:37 PM |#409  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how can i use the sd card during using android?? It show that the sd card is unmounted.
how can i place music to the sd card and play it in android??
27th January 2011, 03:45 PM |#410  

More
it is able to find data in sd card by using file manager but the gallery is not worked. It can't show the video and picture which are placed in sd card .
27th January 2011, 05:03 PM |#411  

More
Is it an android build ? what about Android NAND ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, wp7 and android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)