FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 87

By darrengladysz, Senior Member on 14th January 2011, 10:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2011, 05:52 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have made tha card exact as we see in first video in the first page of this thread.
Has 3 primary partitions Fat 32 Android Fat16 200MB Wp7 And Unformat 3,5GB Wp7 I dont have change any other files exept the config
but with the same files works fine in an other SD card with no WP7 partitions
31st January 2011, 07:23 PM |#432  
Flag SouthSide of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbardis

I have made tha card exact as we see in first video in the first page of this thread.
Has 3 primary partitions Fat 32 Android Fat16 200MB Wp7 And Unformat 3,5GB Wp7 I dont have change any other files exept the config
but with the same files works fine in an other SD card with no WP7 partitions

Well I don't know if that causes an issue or not, but there's no need to have an unused 200mb partition on the card... might as well add that to your android partition. Is both your android and wp7 partitions primary? Which method did you use to partition your card?

Sent from my HTC bravo using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to zarathustrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zarathustrax Ad-Free
31st January 2011, 08:12 PM |#433  

More
All the partition are primary partitions and I use the eraseus programm the same as in the video
31st January 2011, 08:26 PM |#434  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

All the partition are primary partitions and I use the eraseus programm the same as in the video

Maybe try formatting your android partition with 32kb sectors... I've heard of builds having issues when you use 64k sectors. You said you were using the desire z build? Did you look through the build thread for anyone experiencing the same issue?

Sent from my HTC bravo using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to zarathustrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zarathustrax Ad-Free
31st January 2011, 09:36 PM |#435  

More
Thnx for help I tryed the 32kb secs but same stuff after the first boot all are lost even the home screen tabs that was there after primary install I tryed also coping all files from an 4 GB SD card that works fine with android but has no wp7 partition on it and again all settings lost if I change the Sd cards all is back and I dont even load Wp7 only Android same setup from diferent SD cards.
The version works fine if there is no wp7 partion on the sd card thats why ask help in this thread.
1st February 2011, 02:37 AM |#436  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

Thnx for help I tryed the 32kb secs but same stuff after the first boot all are lost even the home screen tabs that was there after primary install I tryed also coping all files from an 4 GB SD card that works fine with android but has no wp7 partition on it and again all settings lost if I change the Sd cards all is back and I dont even load Wp7 only Android same setup from diferent SD cards.
The version works fine if there is no wp7 partion on the sd card thats why ask help in this thread.

i've had this issue before with phiremod's rom.
This is what i did:
1. create android partition and only boot to android at first. no wp7 partition. setup hd2 with android.
2. in partition manager i created unallocated space on my harddrive and copied the android partition to it.
3. now delete all partitions on sd card and create partition for wp7. leave space on sd card to copy back the android partition to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hyellow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hyellow Ad-Free
1st February 2011, 06:21 AM |#437  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3

More
resize WP7 partition
is it possible to resize the WP7 partition after WP7 and android has been installed. I find that I'm using WP7 more and want to allocate more space to it. Is it possible to increase the unformatted part and and reduce the FAT32 portion of Android
1st February 2011, 06:41 AM |#438  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Magldr 1.13
Magldr 1.13 was just released.

I am not sure if this affects us having wp7 dual boot hd2 all that much.

The battery, reboot when connected and data errors with usb mass storage copy seem to have been fixed.

Correct me if I am wrong but apart from this it seems that there will not be any changes for us with wp7 as the nand os and sd android. CWR is for Android in Nand and not on sd.

If I am incorrect, please let me know and I will update the 1st post.

Also, looks like wm6.5 will be nand and not sd

IMPORTANT: I JUST FLASHED MAGLDR 1.1.3 and Flashing magldr 1.13 will NOT result in having to reload everything, including wp7.

DO NOT FLASH USING DAF but enter bootloader (Rainbow screen at startup) and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe

Thanks
1st February 2011, 08:10 AM |#439  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrengladysz

Magldr 1.13 was just released.

I am not sure if this affects us having wp7 dual boot hd2 all that much.

The battery, reboot when connected and data errors with usb mass storage copy seem to have been fixed.

Correct me if I am wrong but apart from this it seems that there will not be any changes for us with wp7 as the nand os and sd android. CWR is for Android in Nand and not on sd.

If I am incorrect, please let me know and I will update the 1st post.

Also, looks like wm6.5 will be nand and not sd

IMPORTANT: I JUST FLASHED MAGLDR 1.1.3 and Flashing magldr 1.13 will NOT result in having to reload everything, including wp7.

DO NOT FLASH USING DAF but enter bootloader (Rainbow screen at startup) and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe

Thanks

No, its not affecting people dualbooting at all. What are you talking about wm65 being on nand, not SD? There's no nand version of wm65 out for magldr, and the SD version isn't released yet. Nothing has changed as far as cotullas plans for that, afaik. If you know something I missed, please let me know.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
1st February 2011, 08:17 AM |#440  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustrax

No, its not affecting people dualbooting at all. What are you talking about wm65 being on nand, not SD? There's no nand version of wm65 out for magldr, and the SD version isn't released yet. Nothing has changed as far as cotullas plans for that, afaik. If you know something I missed, please let me know.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

From Cotulla's Magldr 1.13 thread in Nand Android Looks like wm65 is in future development but on Nand not sd I like the look and feel of wp7 but miss my wm65 apps ...

EDIT: Seems there is possibly an sd wm65 after all http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/d...f-wm65-for-hd2

Future developerment :

*planned to add Haret's startup.txt support for Android SD
*fast boot support (?)
*support of fixed partitions layout with ability to reflash any partition
*WM65 NAND boot with any rom (?)
*WM65 NAND boot with special designed roms for MAGLDR boot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...74&postcount=1
1st February 2011, 08:41 AM |#441  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Seems there might be an sd version of wm65 after all

http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/d...f-wm65-for-hd2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, wp7 and android