[LG] How to Developer Unlock, Relock and keep your device Unlocked (Works in Mango!)

Search This thread

jontatas

Dec 28, 2010
Could you give me a step by step in how you encounter this error? I can come up with a solution if I can duplicate it, but I can't. Please post any needed files that I will need to re-create the situation

If you are talking about the not being able to debug on the device it's really easy to recreate I guess as it won't work for any apps at all.
Just your average Hello World would do it.
I plug in the phone, Zune running, not locked and press F5 in VS 2010.
It builds and deploys to the phone with no problem at all but then just throws the message:
The application could not be launched for debugging. Ensure that the
target device screen is unlocked and that the application is installed.

I have no idea why it won't work at the moment.

/J

lancedehm

Jun 19, 2010
I have followed the instructions clearly (at least 3 times) the registry info always comes back correctly, even when device has been reset/re-synced. However, I cannot sideload any apps (Cannot connect to device error) I'm at a loss as to what is going wrong any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hace the same problem, (NoDo Updated machine).. I try the side load but get stuck in a error.

kapanak

Nov 3, 2010
So it is confirmed that the MFG app still allows for developer unlocking and registry modifications after Mango Beta update? Time to update ...

jontatas

Dec 28, 2010
Works fine in Mango. However I still can't debug in VS2010 on the device. I had some small hopes but no go.
Ah well, the emulator have to do then.

/J

nikolis2000

Mar 28, 2007
komotini
i had the same problem with the connection error when i was trying to deploy an app to the phone and all of a sudden i remembered that i had disable zune services.i re enabled them and all fine i sideloaded a lot of stuff

edangel

Dec 18, 2009
Salonika
i had the same problem with the connection error when i was trying to deploy an app to the phone and all of a sudden i remembered that i had disable zune services.i re enabled them and all fine i sideloaded a lot of stuff

whatever i will do even the method from passing the 10 limit sideload apps is not working for me in mango..i only manage to sideload 5 apps with tom xap installer..!in nodo i have unlimited apps without problem..!any ideas or is the Mango's limit ??

nikolis2000

Mar 28, 2007
komotini
whatever i will do even the method from passing the 10 limit sideload apps is not working for me in mango..i only manage to sideload 5 apps with tom xap installer..!in nodo i have unlimited apps without problem..!any ideas or is the Mango's limit ??

did you try to load them from another app?like xap deploy?:confused:maybe its tom's problem.even with limitations u load 10 apps not 5.i'm with nodo-didn't try mango-but i used to had problems with tom when i had hd7

la_Tensor

Jan 21, 2011
NBG
Hi airwa1kin7,

do you know if this method works on a Dell Venue Pro Too?
I read that the Dell has an Menue which is similar with the MFG Menue from LG?

I ask this because my Grilfriend want by the Dell phone.

edangel

Dec 18, 2009
Salonika
did you try to load them from another app?like xap deploy?:confused:maybe its tom's problem.even with limitations u load 10 apps not 5.i'm with nodo-didn't try mango-but i used to had problems with tom when i had hd7

yeah..i tried that..i manage to use different deployers ans had the same results..!its mango's limit i suppose!too bad... :(

yeng9ph

May 13, 2011
Singapore
Password

hi guys,
really need your help. anyone knows how to bypass or unlock the password in my E900? i am damn sure i am entering the correct password but it keeps on saying it is incorrect then it will say that i need to retry after 25mins,, its a startup security password.. not sure why it is not working now...

please help..

X

xvex

if i reset the phone, the "dword" DeveloperUnlockState and PortalUrlProd, are also reset?

TKS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason I have never been able to get the LG Optimus E900h to stay unlocked. The registry editers we currently have in our possesion can not edit the needed keys nor can we use provxml because once again it for some reason will not work on our devices.

Here is a 100% way to keep the LG Optimus 7 phone from relocking. Instead of using 3rd party apps we will use the native LG MFG application.

Known Bugs: ChevronWP7 will no longer detect your phone! Not sure why but it doesn't. This shouldn't be a problem considering your phone is unlocked. A factory restore will revert the changes. Also you may not debug with VS2010. Also unsure why.

Notes: Enter everything without quotes, and please be careful. Don't hold me responsible if you screw up your phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

How to Un-Lock your Phone without Chevron 7

You can unlock the phone by using the MFG registry editor.

1. Open the MFG app and use the password to open it. If you don't know it's (appmfg#*#)
    2. Go to Engineer Menu -> Other Settings -> Edit Registry
    3. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    4. Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    5. Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    6. Hit Query. Output result should return a "0" or a random long number. If it does continue.
    7. Set your input data box to "1" and hit SET. Output result should be 1

How To Keep Your Phone Unlocked

You can keep your phone unlocked and prevent Zune from re-locking it.
    1. Open the MFG app and use the password to open it. If you don't know it's (appmfg#*#)
    4. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    5. Set your input key to "PortalUrlProd" and set to DWORD
    6. Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    7. Keep your input data box empty and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    8. Keep this screen open and continue to Part 2

Part 2
    1. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    2. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    3. Set your input key to "PortalUrlInt" and set to DWORD
    4. Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    5. Keep your input data box empty and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    6. Backout to the password screen and shutdown the phone via powerbutton.
    7. Reboot and sync. Your phone should stay unlocked.

How to Re-Lock your Phone without Chevron 7

Don't want your phone unlocked anymore? You can re-lock the phone by using the MFG registry editor.

4. Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    5. Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    6. Hit Query. Output result should return a "1". If it does continue.
    7. Set your input data box to "0" and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    8. Your phone is now locked. To Unlock the phone redo the above steps but set back to "1"

How to Re-Set PortalUrlInt and PortalUrlProd Keys

This will allow Zune re-lock your phone as well as being useful for updating.

4. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    5. Set your input key to "PortalUrlProd" and set to STRING
    6. Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    7. Set your input data box to "https://developerservices.windowsphone.com/Services/WindowsPhoneRegistration.svc/01/2010" and hit SET.
    8. Keep this screen open and continue to Part 2

Part 2
    1. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    2. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    3. Set your input key to "PortalUrlInt" and set to STRING
    4. Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    5. Set your input data box to "https://developerservices.windowsphone-int.com/Services/WindowsPhoneRegistration.svc/01/2010" and hit SET.
    6. Backout to the password screen and shutdown the phone via powerbutton.
    7. Reboot and sync. Your phone should re-lock with every sync.
    Works, but this method for unlock must be added because not all the phone have the value 1 on the key DeveloperUnlockState

Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    Hit Query. Output result should return a "0". If it does continue.
    Set your input data box to "1" and hit SET. Output result should be 1
    Your phone is now unlocked.
    What if your DeveloperUnlockState Key returns data instead of 0 at the first step?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Interestingly enough, the "data" given by both keys were the same, and they were different between two phones (both Optimus 7) that my colleage and I own.

The above procedure works regardless. Syncing with Zune does not relock either. Amazing what you can do without using Chevron. I wonder if this method will remain functional after NoDo update.

Here is the method to remove the 10 app limit for sideloading.
    Please take note as it uses a different value than the regular method used for other phones.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\ Install]
    "MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:2147483647

The number is the decimal value for the actually needed key 7FFFFFFF. The Registry editor in MFG app does not accept Hex keys, and if you use the 7FFFFFFF value, it will set it to zero, and WILL prevent you from sideloading ANY apps. This requires a restart after setting the value.
    Help!

I have a UK Orange sim locked Optimus 7 and have tried the instructions on here but to no avail. I still get the "The SIM card can only be used on specific networks....." error.

Can anyone help or has experience this before?

Thanks

Simon

This is to Developer Unlock not Sim unlock.
    Does any one here know if this hack works after Mango?
    Yes it does.

XDA Windows Phone 7 App