[Tool][Vodafone+Unbranded!]One & Only easy + working downgrade for revolutionary

Search This thread

Bad4ss

Jan 12, 2009
Wolverhampton
Hey there I tried downloading the tool for the unbranded EVO twice now (which took ages) and both times step2.exe doesn't extract out of the archive,

The zip file seems to be corrupted because step2.exe is in the archive but doesn't extract -
please can you re-upload a non corrupt version please?

PlayPetepp

Dec 19, 2010
Osijek
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hey there I tried downloading the tool for the unbranded EVO twice now (which took ages) and both times step2.exe doesn't extract out of the archive,

The zip file seems to be corrupted because step2.exe is in the archive but doesn't extract -
please can you re-upload a non corrupt version please?

Just recently I helped a friend to s-off his Evo with this tool. Took a while to download but did the job perfectly. Maybe you should try redownloading.

Reactions: Bad4ss

Bad4ss

Jan 12, 2009
Wolverhampton
Just recently I helped a friend to s-off his Evo with this tool. Took a while to download but did the job perfectly. Maybe you should try redownloading.

Like I said I downloaded TWICE and step2.exe doesn't extract it says that that file is corrupted in both downloads. Took 4 hours to download twice. and the SAME file is corrupted.

Bad4ss

Jan 12, 2009
Wolverhampton

The zip is alright. Your download just failed. You can download all the steps here

Thanks, and apologies to both of you for making you guys check. In the end I found out that my anti-virus (Avast) was quarantining Step2.exe without even notifying me. It thought that Step2.exe was a malicious tool. I switched off the anti-virus and it worked.

As appreciation for your answers and for putting up the 3 steps in a seperate file I've thanked you both. :fingers-crossed:

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
that's amazing. I love false positivs. There are only a few commands running using adb and fastboot not more not less :p
good that it worked out.

Hi i am asking same kind of question, what will be the state of my phone after this ?

a few days ago i relocked my bootloader and i wasn't able to boot i re-did the lock with htc dev and my phone booted again.

purpose of downgrade is to unlock and S-OFF via http://revolutionary.io/ ?
wire trick did not worked (error in script) for me so i am searching for other way to do this and flash new ics roms...

jatintan007

Sep 11, 2008
process stuck on step 3 saying no just kidding :) not proceeding furthure

THIS DOES ONLY WORK ON GINGERBREAD AND ON A BOOTLOADER VERSION <=1.49.x18
Disclaimer: You do that because you want it. Noone forces you to do that. Problems always can be solved, I will help as much as I can.

NEW
you can now watch a video where you see how to do it. But quality, sorry I have no good camera.

This will downgrade your hboot to 1.49.0007
If you is branded by any other carrier then vodafone, this won't work. (Unbranded Device's too)
Why is that so? Because it is not possible til now to debrand your device.
I have tried plenty things with some friends, sadly no luck at all.
CID changing does not work for branded devices, if there is not more than one RUU.

Unbranded:
This Tool will work, if your device has one of the following CID's.
Code:
cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__032
cidnum: HTC__A07
cidnum: HTC__102
cidnum: HTC__304
cidnum: HTC__203
cidnum: HTC__E11
cidnum: HTC__N34
cidnum: HTC__405
cidnum: HTC__Y13
cidnum: HTC__016
cidnum: HTC__J15

Vodafone Branded:
Code:
cidnum: VODAP001
cidnum: VODAP102
cidnum: VODAPE17
cidnum: VODAP304
<[B]New[/B]>
cidnum: VODAP120
cidnum: VODAP203

If your cid is not on the list, you cannot downgrade your device yet.

How to:
  • Download this Tool for an unbranded device
  • Download this Tool for a vodafone branded device
  • Download this Tool for a vodafone branded device with CID VODAP120 OR VODAP203!
  • RUN Step1.exe
  • RUN Step2.exe
  • RUN Step3.exe

It might stuck at the very end of the procedure.
20120208_001.jpg

Don't worry, it's okay. Just remove battery and reboot.

Please, if you are experience problems, describe everything you have done and I will try to help.

Have fun and enjoy your freedom.

Always remember; you are a noob on xda :) I am also one, so does not one feel attacked.

Credits:
HTC for the leck
Revolutionary Team for ZergRush
s_uperman for the idea :)

process stuck on step 3 saying no just kidding :) not proceeding furthure

raZr0708

Jul 4, 2011
I just have a quick question. I want to go finnaly s-off and im on a JB rom. Do i need a gingerbread rom or can i be on this one? Do i need my original rom or can i use lets say Leedroid?

raZr0708

Jul 4, 2011
So this is the problem that i got. I tried the tool, step 1 worked fine,step 2 also but it was stuck on step 3 with relocking my boot loader and i was on CID HTC__032 so the working one. And my phone was on HBOOT 1.49.0018 Unloced via HTC Dev way. Then i changed my CID to HTC__001 and tried it again and nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS DOES ONLY WORK ON GINGERBREAD AND ON A BOOTLOADER VERSION <=1.49.x18
    Disclaimer: You do that because you want it. Noone forces you to do that. Problems always can be solved, I will help as much as I can.

NEW
    you can now watch a video where you see how to do it. But quality, sorry I have no good camera.

This will downgrade your hboot to 1.49.0007
    If you is branded by any other carrier then vodafone, this won't work. (Unbranded Device's too)
    Why is that so? Because it is not possible til now to debrand your device.
    I have tried plenty things with some friends, sadly no luck at all.
    CID changing does not work for branded devices, if there is not more than one RUU.

Unbranded:
    Code:
    cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__N34
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__016
    cidnum: HTC__J15

Vodafone Branded:
    Code:
    cidnum: VODAP001
    cidnum: VODAP102
    cidnum: VODAPE17
    cidnum: VODAP304
    <[B]New[/B]>
    cidnum: VODAP120
    cidnum: VODAP203

If your cid is not on the list, you cannot downgrade your device yet.

How to:
    • Download this Tool for an unbranded device
    • Download this Tool for a vodafone branded device
    • Download this Tool for a vodafone branded device with CID VODAP120 OR VODAP203!
    • RUN Step1.exe
    • RUN Step2.exe
    • RUN Step3.exe

It might stuck at the very end of the procedure.
    20120208_001.jpg

Don't worry, it's okay. Just remove battery and reboot.

Please, if you are experience problems, describe everything you have done and I will try to help.

Have fun and enjoy your freedom.

Always remember; you are a noob on xda :) I am also one, so does not one feel attacked.

Credits:
    HTC for the leck
    Revolutionary Team for ZergRush
    s_uperman for the idea :)
    Like I said I downloaded TWICE and step2.exe doesn't extract it says that that file is corrupted in both downloads. Took 4 hours to download twice. and the SAME file is corrupted.

The zip is alright. Your download just failed. You can download all the steps here
    Ok I think I got it.

If follow this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1248231 thread. to unlock bootloader and install a cmw

then flash the kernel image file of leedroid (boot.img from inside leedroid.zip) using "Fastboot flash boot boot.img" while still in fastboot mode

then enter recovery and flash the leedroid rom (the ledroid.zip)

then i should be able to boot and run your tool ? from leedroid home screen in charging mode , debug enabled/drivers installed

sorry, i just need someone who knows what they are doing to confirm.

exactly this way men.
    http://min.us/ms2cyh0xt

here is the mirror of the tool.......
    so, new evo 3d GSM unbranded, hboot 1.49.0018 - this will work ok right?

unlock with htcdev.com and then run the tools?

just taking ages to download -.-

take the minus mirror - should be faster.
    no, you also need to be prerooted, flash a custom ROM after unlocking.
    then you can run step1. No errors on step1? then run step2.