Tap/Touch Sound Replacements?

Search This thread

jaytheman221

Sep 20, 2013
I have searched everywhere I could think of, but I cannot seem to find a viable source for touch sound replacements. I am using CM10.1.3, I know how to change the sound, but I am just attempting to see if anyone possibly has any cool sound files that would make good touch sounds. I'm really big into customizing, just another thing I'm working on.

If confused on what I'm talking about, example would be the water drop sound on stock S4 when tapping a menu item, just looking for other cool sounds/replacement for that sound.

Thank you.

Reactions: tnadawg89

tnadawg89

Jun 21, 2010
Michigan
I would like this as well to replace the water drop effect on TW.. I actually prefer the vanilla Android sound..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

MENACE_69

Apr 28, 2013
Southern cali
Hello guys, I'm glad to see a thread finally made on this sweet!!!

What I do to switch the notification, touch, unlock, lock, ect sounds that I don't like on my stock rom is, download a rom I do like these sounds on Google edition (example) go into the file with root browser under system /media/audio it list ui,notification,ring tones and alarms and I extract it go into the extracted folder listen to it make sure I like it, rename it to match the sound I want to replace, place it in the correct folder under system/media/audio and set the correct permissions, reboot and shaka -kaun..

It does the trick for me but its only a work around unless I run into a flashable zip but I don't mind it was worth the annoying water drop touch sound. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, I'm glad to see a thread finally made on this sweet!!!

What I do to switch the notification, touch, unlock, lock, ect sounds that I don't like on my stock rom is, download a rom I do like these sounds on Google edition (example) go into the file with root browser under system /media/audio it list ui,notification,ring tones and alarms and I extract it go into the extracted folder listen to it make sure I like it, rename it to match the sound I want to replace, place it in the correct folder under system/media/audio and set the correct permissions, reboot and shaka -kaun..

It does the trick for me but its only a work around unless I run into a flashable zip but I don't mind it was worth the annoying water drop touch sound. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I have searched everywhere I could think of, but I cannot seem to find a viable source for touch sound replacements. I am using CM10.1.3, I know how to change the sound, but I am just attempting to see if anyone possibly has any cool sound files that would make good touch sounds. I'm really big into customizing, just another thing I'm working on.

If confused on what I'm talking about, example would be the water drop sound on stock S4 when tapping a menu item, just looking for other cool sounds/replacement for that sound.

Thank you.
    I would like this as well to replace the water drop effect on TW.. I actually prefer the vanilla Android sound..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
    The Sound file is called TW_touch.ogg but i can't get it to work. :(