Nexus 7 Car Mount - No Modification to Car!!~

Search This thread

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Here's one I just made. Less than $3 from Home Depot odds and ends. Slides into gaps at just the right places. Doesn't budge while driving or being poked at. A little double sticky tape holds pieces in place. Works great in my 2005 Baja. No fit guarantees for other vehicles. JVC has a remote so I don't need to access controls.

N7%20Mount2.jpg

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
Here's what I've got going: Arkon Slim-Grip® Ultra™ Sticky Suction Dashboard & Windshield Mount [SM678]

It's a sticky suction mount. It works on all dash surfaces I've tried (my chick has a Scion with a matte textured dash, sticks fine). It'll also works with pretty much any case I can think of.
]

See...This would make me paranoid... Knowing my luck, I'd be smoking a cig, and go to use my signal, accidentally hit the N7, and right out the window it goes.

Reactions: HandyAndy888

droppie12

Nov 16, 2007
Car On-dash doesn't stick

I just bought the Xenomix 2X SHG-NX2000 Car On-Dash, but is doesn't really sticks to my dash. After removing the transparant filter, it does a bit, but no luck, after one bump in the road it let's go. Any suggestions?:eek:

nolook

Sep 5, 2010
I just bought the Xenomix 2X SHG-NX2000 Car On-Dash, but is doesn't really sticks to my dash. After removing the transparant filter, it does a bit, but no luck, after one bump in the road it let's go. Any suggestions?:eek:

go with CD mount version...it is holding up better than any suction/sticky versions have for me by a huge margin

Sent from my Nexus 7

lexi250

Jun 25, 2011
Toronto
Saw a few N7 car install integration but my version is to keep the car stock and just add a mount for the N7 so I can always take it out easily.

Here is a picture to keep you subscribed to this thread, I need more time to write the review. :eek:

N7CarMount.jpg

^ Is your dash relatively flat for the mount to stick on? Mine is stuck on the dash for a good 8 months now, no bulge! :cool:

bam099

Aug 19, 2004
^ Is your dash relatively flat for the mount to stick on? Mine is stuck on the dash for a good 8 months now, no bulge! :cool:

Lexi250, first of all thanks for the post and info. I saw your post on clublexus also and I had to track this one down. You've said that yours is still staying, I have the same model car but I'm in Florida. It can get pretty hot here as you can imagine and I have a very nice sunshade that helps....but do you think the Florida sun would cause this to fall? I'm not so much worried about the tablet tumbling a foot, but cracking my shifter area I'm sure would be pricey.
Thanks again for your post! Oh, anyone find a reseller in the states? I hate waiting weeks for things to ship :p

Kalavere

Feb 12, 2010
Hmmm, I don't know that I can trust that suction cup to stay on my dash. Are they really good enough to hold on? :confused:

I have a semi flat dash on my VW Bora (Jetta to you U.S. guys), but I can't see it taking the weight of the Nexus when going over speed bumps and the generally sh!tty conditioned roads we have in Buckinghamshire.

There is however a nice little storage hole above the stereo I could probably wedge it in but I won't be able to get to the CD player, or use the cup holders.

(Stock image)
ce3e4hcq7rok1bau0.jpg

Maybe I'll take a punt and see how it works out. :fingers-crossed:

sman789

Jul 25, 2010
http://igg.me/at/ngroovesnap/x/1800312

Here's a new product from Mountek, please use my link if you do decide to purchase it.

The mount uses your CD slot to hold your device, you know it's the perfect placement because it's in arm's length. The mount uses magnets to keep your device steady, rare-earth magnets that do not affect GPS and NFC. Check it out.

Slomies

Jan 16, 2011
Interesting... Not sure I'd want my N7 hanging from my CD slot though.

Sent from my Elemental X S3 using Tapatalk 2

SHadowral

Apr 23, 2012
Hi, does the NX200 Xenomics mount work with 10"? It says you need the NX1000 for it but I wanted to ask you guys because I´d like to use my Handy, 7" tablet plus future 10" tablet. Thanks in advance and since google brought me to this lets complete the collection of wisdom here :p.

HandyAndy888

Sep 6, 2008
I can not see either of these working in my car; ANYTHING that has a suction cup type of mount ALWAYS falls off. :(

funkydude101

Oct 13, 2007
Toronto, ON
I've been thinking of just using some neodymium magnets glued on a nexus case and then 3M tape other neodymium magnets in the corresponding location to the dash.

My only concern is permanently messing up the magnetometer or at least causing navigation apps like Waze to not work correctly.

What do you think?

Last edited:

bam099

Aug 19, 2004
I've been thinking of just using some neodymium magnets glued on a nexus case and then 3M tape other neodymium magnets in the corresponding location to the dash.

My only concern is permanently messing up the magnetometer or at least causing navigation apps like Waze to not work correctly.

What do you think?

My friend did this with his Nexus 7 in his Acura TL and I can confirm it ruined his GPS on the Nexus 7. I would definitely advise against using magnets.

dornestic

Jan 28, 2009
bought the xenomix nx2000 off ebay for $32 shipped.

great suction, looks sleek, no problem fitting in. would definitely recommend it.

kaiser_tytnii

Nov 15, 2007
Toronto
Exogear exomount tablet s cd

thought this was a good mount... thoughts?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GkcAx9Ec23g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw a few N7 car install integration but my version is to keep the car stock and just add a mount for the N7 so I can always take it out easily.

Here is a picture to keep you subscribed to this thread, I need more time to write the review. :eek:

N7CarMount.jpg
    JUST got mine in from Korea. Took a while to get here.Ordered it 12/3 and received today on 12/17 about 10 business days not counting weekends.

The packaging is really nice, thin but nice. Inside you find the mount ready to go except for maybe the inserts or tabs to insert in the mount depending on your dash to adjust/correct the height.

The suction cup is comprised of the sticky pad stuff that you see on the Xenogear mounts where you can use a wet towel to re-institute the sticky suction cup if it gotten too dirty.

The GREAT thing is that this mount is way smaller than any of the other "off dash" mounts that I have seen. I prefer this because if you use the mount with a N7, then your vision is not impaired because the tablet it not on the said dash, rather off the dash, maybe hanging is a better term to use lol.

Another awesome aspect of this mount. It can be used with both my Nexus 4 phone with or without a tpu case on. However, you have to place the phone in vertically. Which isn't horrible, I am use to mounts with side clamps of some sort. Just something to get used to.

Anywhoo...here's some pics with both the N7 and N4. I recommend this if you are looking for a smaller footprint of a mount! I'll report back on usage in a couple of days.

DSC02362.JPG
    DSC02361.JPG
    DSC02363.JPG
    DSC02364.JPG
    DSC02365.JPG
    DSC02366.JPG
    Does this mount come with an extension to sit further out from the dash if needed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It does a bit. The mount, when unswitched can telescope out a bit. I attached a quick pic telescoped and not. Looks like it comes out like 2 inches. Which is pretty cool.
    Here's one I just made. Less than $3 from Home Depot odds and ends. Slides into gaps at just the right places. Doesn't budge while driving or being poked at. A little double sticky tape holds pieces in place. Works great in my 2005 Baja. No fit guarantees for other vehicles. JVC has a remote so I don't need to access controls.

N7%20Mount2.jpg
    Look forward to your review.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=69143
    An alternative with a magnet and a nodded case.
    Using this several weeks for GPS navigation.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38969143