S-View Cover on CM / Custom ROMs

Search This thread

ert69

Jan 24, 2011
Mayby you should go back and read again what it does and what it uses before posting crap? Yes it uses the proximity sensor but it also uses the s-view sensor.

But it is no way near how nicely stock works.

Dude, i know. I used it a while ago on CM. At first it seems cool and everything, but after a while it annoys the crap out of you. Every time you accidentally place my finger near the proximity sensor the app goes off and interrupts what you were doing. I'm back on stock now and it's way nicer. Just flashed it yesterday after being on cm for months.

smartxdev

Mar 23, 2014
It's not as polished as in stock...

BUT, since version 0.2.x, it's improved a lot, and if pretty fine working

and, as said above it DOES utilize the magnetic sensor, no finger-craziness here :)

(Look on F-Droid for the latest version)

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
a feedback on CM10.2 for to say that this app work very very fine !!! good work ! :good:

- Good wake-up when there are incoming sms and call

- No problem with deep-sleep mode ! work everytime ! ( verified by "cpu-spy" during some days... never have "misfire" )

bhabba

Nov 14, 2013
Development progress / support for CM12.1

Development of HallMonitor seems to have stopped since version 0.4.2 (latest commit of the author "durka" is from 22 Jul 2014). This version doesn't support CM12(.1) (see issue 52 on durka's GitHub page).

Installation of the "MagnetOff" Xposed module is not a very useful workaround since you can't use the hall sensor (magnet sensor) anymore and would have to fall back on the proximity sensor (which is a pain in the a**).

The GitHub user "manusfreedom" has added several features and took development up to his version 2.0.2 beta (but his last commit is quite old too, from 21 Sep 2014). Has anyone tested manusfreedoms fork on CM12(.1)? Or does anyone know about a revival of HallMonitor's development? Would be so awesome to have this for CM12.1 :cyclops:

elpiero

Sep 26, 2016
work like a charm on cm 13 and galaxy S4 ( advance gt9506) thx , my non-samsung cover work again. hall monitor for s view- like cover !!

and f-droid .... for the open app . give a look

Top Liked Posts