Andromeda Q&A

5,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,889

By AdamOutler, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th February 2011, 10:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2011, 02:43 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
After flashing my Captivate to Andromeda, I get really terrible reception. Really, just horrible. I can't even describe how bad.
I will get no service in places I used to get great or good reception, and I will even get no service in my own home, where I have a microcell set up to specifically prevent that.

I'm also getting really bad WiFi signal. Anything short of what a cable could cover drops me to the lowest signal level and has loading times to reflect it.

I've tried flashing the modem to the other two on the Team Komin site. One appeared to do nothing, and the other one made my system highly unstable and caused all sorts of things to force quit. Do I just need to try a different modem? If so, what do people recommend?

22nd February 2011, 05:36 PM |#22  
^^ You should clear all data from your phone. It's likely that the problem is caused by pre-existing data. Also, when you do a Titanium restore, select the individual packages and restore them, rather then bulk-restoring everything. I've found that I receive better reception and faster internet from the Andromeda build as compared to stock and Cappy Ginger-Clone
22nd February 2011, 05:38 PM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by picfantasia

I am not sure whether this is a bug or not, the 3 X 4 keypad input and the handwriting input for the Samsung keypad are not working...anyone experiences this? or only me

http://code.google.com/p/teamkomin/issues/detail?id=2 This will be fixed shortly.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamOutler Ad-Free
22nd February 2011, 05:52 PM |#24  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,855

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Also, when you do a Titanium restore, select the individual packages and restore them, rather then bulk-restoring everything.

batch restore works fine, but you have to select RESTORE MISSING APPS+DATA not restore apps+data....
23rd February 2011, 12:23 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is this 2.2 or 2.2.1? Really need my bluetooth dialing...
23rd February 2011, 01:14 AM |#26  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkley

2.2, from armani captivate...
24th February 2011, 12:18 AM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod777

Bluetooth Voice Dialing has worked on every i9000 rom and on Firefly and Andromeda. .......

Please do me a favor and test this feature.
24th February 2011, 01:40 PM |#28  
Flag Chicago Area
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Peak / Non-peak email synch missing in 1.2
I've been very happy with your ROM, been on 1.0, 1.1, 1.2. I thought I remembered on earlier versions that the native email app had the ability to define peak and non-peak synch times. I don't see that ability in 1.2. Is there a different .apk that I could load to get this functionality?

Update: The email.apk in 1.0 is 1230 KB, in 1.2 1223 KB. When I went to 1.1 I used the 1.0 -> 1.1 upgrade which did not overwrite the email.apk. When I went to 1.2 I used the 1.2 Final load which did overwrite the email.apk.

Can I sideload the 1.0 email.apk onto my cappy running 1.2?
24th February 2011, 04:17 PM |#29  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickover

I've been very happy with your ROM, been on 1.0, 1.1, 1.2. I thought I remembered on earlier versions that the native email app had the ability to define peak and non-peak synch times. I don't see that ability in 1.2. Is there a different .apk that I could load to get this functionality?

Update: The email.apk in 1.0 is 1230 KB, in 1.2 1223 KB. When I went to 1.1 I used the 1.0 -> 1.1 upgrade which did not overwrite the email.apk. When I went to 1.2 I used the 1.2 Final load which did overwrite the email.apk.

just drop the email.apk into /system/app/

pretty sure we didnt change the email app though
24th February 2011, 09:22 PM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickover

I just reverted my email.apk to the 1.0 version. I was not able to find this functionality. If you would, please let us know a source of this app. It was likely in another rom you tried.
24th February 2011, 10:50 PM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

I just reverted my email.apk to the 1.0 version. I was not able to find this functionality. If you would, please let us know a source of this app. It was likely in another rom you tried.

that functionality is in stock jf6/jh7. there was an apk floating around here that had it as well, but its pretty rare. the stock mail client on 2.2 sucks in general.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
need help please

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)